Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Man Utd fan in yesterdays Daily Mail - OWN GOAL

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:49 pm

What does everyone think about his rant below? In my opinion, this is the way football has been going for a long time. :( :(

Football fans are staying away from games not because of hooliganism but because of extortionate ticket prices, and as a Man Utd season ticket holder im disgusted.
Not long ago, a season ticket meant tickets for all home games including cups. Over the past 10 years, they've brought in the "new" season ticket with which you have to buy cup games separately.
All seater stadia, over zealous stewards and rediculous prices are why attendances are down - and dont forget there is a recession on.
Going to a game is a major outing now - add in travel, food and a couple of beers and its almost a weeks wage.

Re: Man Utd fan in yesterdays Daily Mail - OWN GOAL

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Travel will be expensive for a tw*t from Surrey...

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:12 pm

nerd wrote:Travel will be expensive for a tw*t from Surrey...

Or India :D

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:11 pm

When has a season ticket ever included cup games

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:25 pm

There are as many threads on here about Man United and Swansea as there Cardiff. Make of that, what you will.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:37 pm

botw2 wrote:When has a season ticket ever included cup games

it does at old trafford - rip off cunts

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:17 pm

I think you'll find part of the season tkt deal for man u is that you have to buy carling cup tkts regardless whether you go or not, not sure if this is fact but a guy I know was grizzling about it earlier this ssn when they were drawn at home to Wolves I think.
Oh he is a local guy too, part of a coach load who go every home game from Caerphilly area tut tut