Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE "

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:58 am

In my Opinion, in the first few months we should of been able to have gone on a run with the Squad we had and especially the fire power we have, its not a did at Jones again, My belief is now we've missed our chance to run away with the division now, But that does not mean we cant still go up Automatic as We still in My Opinion have the best Squad. The only problem now is that there are anything up to 8 teams who could make the top 2 and We've allowed this to happen.
Its become a lottery and it will be the team/management who can hold their nerve, who will go up.
Please No panic buttons, We are capable of beating every team in this Division.

My Question is who do you really believe will be there come May(Honest Answers) ?

We can bring tis thread back up in May :ayatollah:

Re: " HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE "

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:11 am

Annis the teams with the biggest squads will now push on and I honestly feel that Norwich and Watford will slip away even though on their day Watford have the best starting XI in the division plus other teams are due a run of bad form ( Swansea , Forest and Leeds ) . Outside bets would be on Burnley , Leicester and Reading ............ my predictions would be as follows
1. QPR
2. Cardiff

play off winners ........... Leicester / Burnley

the next week of transfer activity will decide the pecking order I think

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 am

Early last week i would have said us and forest....now with qpr's signings i have to say us and qpr....i think from the past few results against big clubs we can take so much confidence, and we seem to be a confidence team......but anything can happen in football.....i know one thing, its gonna be hell of a ride :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:14 am

My firm and honest opinion is that I worry about a couple of teams in this league. I've thought for a while that QPR will have a major duo and end up in the playoffs. Nottm Forest for me are the biggest threat to our automatic place as we all know that momentum is EVERYTHING in this league. I think Swansea will be 3rd/4th come May. I think they'd be higher but their lack of firepower will probably come back to bite them regarding the autos. I don't think Leeds will be up there come May either. Leeds have the air of a team that is happy that they are staying up and just happy to be in there, you need to be strong and I fear they will fall. All in all, I think it's between us, QPR and Forest for the Autos and I think that if we go on a big run now (atleast 10 games unbeaten) then we can definitely do it.

Here's my prediction....

1st: Nottm Forest
2nd: Cardiff City
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
3rd: QPR
4th: Swansea
5th: Leicester
6th: Watford

Going on that, I would NOT want to be in the playoffs again

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:16 am

our form as been good lately at home we need to tighten up at the back but the squad we got we are capalbe of going on a long unbeaten run we shouldn't fear anyone the team that we can put out teams should be worrying about us come on city unbeaten till end of season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 am

i think leicester and forrest are city biggest dangers take tarraab out of QPR'S side and they look average if he gets bump or suspended play offs at best

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:25 am

Its going be tight, said back a couple of months ago Forest would push hard

My opinion hasnt changed - Swansea pose no threat, Im still going us, QPR, Forest, with Reading showing their face somewhere

Goal difference could play a part somewhere along the line

Get to the end of Feb and we still in contention then game on, we got the easiest run in

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:In my Opinion, in the first few months we should of been able to have gone on a run with the Squad we had and especially the fire power we have, its not a did at Jones again, My belief is now we've missed our chance to run away with the division now, But that does not mean we cant still go up Automatic as We still in My Opinion have the best Squad. The only problem now is that there are anything up to 8 teams who could make the top 2 and We've allowed this to happen.
Its become a lottery and it will be the team/management who can hold their nerve, who will go up.
Please No panic buttons, We are capable of beating every team in this Division.

My Question is who do you really believe will be there come May(Honest Answers) ?

We can bring tis thread back up in May :ayatollah:

no :( ..... just hope.

forest will........reason.......gutsty manager

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:32 am

ANNIS I think we only lost 3or 4 games from the start of the season till November time. that pretty good in my book.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:34 am

The way it is going I can see it being QPR and Nottingham Forest going up automatically with us in the playoffs! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:35 am

welshcitydragon wrote:ANNIS I think we only lost 3or 4 games from the start of the season till November time. that pretty good in my book.

Roy, Sorry your right, I meant the first half of the season upto Xmas.

I reckon We need to beat The Jacks and that would really get us going :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 am

The problem we had was the goals we let in and then our injury problem, and the likes of jason never really put a full shift in.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:ANNIS I think we only lost 3or 4 games from the start of the season till November time. that pretty good in my book.

Roy, Sorry your right, I meant the first half of the season upto Xmas.

I reckon We need to beat The Jacks and that would really get us going :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis do you think we have enough bottle and grit in the side to get something at the jacks and forest because i think these 2 games could more or less go a long way to determine where we finish (especially forest away) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:41 am

we got so many games in Feb we need to pick up at least a point away to the Jacks and Forest ......... March looks on paper an easy month for fixtures and no reason why an unbeaten run and maybe 13 points would put City in a very good position to see out the season in the top 2 . Wishfull thinking I know :lol:
Last edited by Martyn1963 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:41 am

we beaten watford we need to beat reading and jacks i think it will spring board us with confidence but we can't afford to lose any games due to form of rest of the them. let the stress begin HA :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:44 am

Nottingham Forest and Leicester for the auto places, leaving us in the play offs. We now have a truly talented team (albeit lots of loanies), but I always worry about our teams not having the fighting and battling qualities needed when the going gets tough, as they say," when the going gets tough, the tough get going". Are we tough enough to dog it out when needed??

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:44 am

To be honest I reckon we will stuff the Swans this time around, as long as DJ dont push the panic button and do something silly with our team. If we can keep sinclair out of the game and dont give away silly goals there ours for the taking. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:45 am

Annis, you know I thought the same earlier in the season from all the topics and posts I made :o

I still think the same. It is a lottery now. We SHOULD have enough to blow the others away, but the past few months we've allowed teams to gain momentum and confidence in the league - so squad alone won't do it. Need to make statements of intent with our performances.

I predict our hearts will age significantly by the end of May

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:46 am

7 points from the next 3 games and we'll be in a great position!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 am

forest qpr cardiff will be top 3, i got a feeling we will just do it as long as we get a left back and keep ramsey for a few months, forest and qpr have better squads than us but forest havent strengthened since last year and hopefully will go off the boil a bit. qpr have gone out and bought the players we would of loved to have bought if we had a bit of money and should win it comfortably.
one very important thing to remember is by feb we will have played forest swansea leeds norwich reading and leicester home and away and qpr away so while the others are taking points off each other we will have a decent run in
my top6
qpr
cardiff
forest
swansea
norwich
leicester

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:54 am

We have had our bad run and every team has one, QPR and some of the others around us still have theres to come.
If DJ do bring in 2 more guys of quality to sort out our defense and shay can break up the attacks in Midfield we will be sure of a top two place. :ayatollah:

LET SLIP THEM DOGS OF WAR CARDIFF! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:58 am

i know qpr have a decent squad,but my feeling is they wont be in the top 2 come may.
forest and cardiff in top2(no particular order)
playoffs:swansea,norwich,watford and qpr(gotta fancy swansea or watford to go up)

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:01 am

I honestly think the table will look like this: -

1. QPR
2. CARDIFF
3. Leeds
4. Swansea
5. Leicester
6. Nottingham Forest

I think Leicester will win the play-offs.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:03 am

At the start i said Cardiff winners with QPR second in now think Forrest will pip QPR to second spot with a QPR/Leicester playoff final. We're still going to win the league :ayatollah:

Cardiff
Forrest
Qpr/Leicseter playoff final

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:03 am

It's gonna be tight. I firmly believe it will be between us, QPR and Nottingham Forest I hope to god we are not the unlucky ones and end up in the lottery that is the play offs bwecause I don't think my nerves could take it. For me it all depends on Mr Jones man management skills and keeping everyone happy and playing as an unit because indvidually there is no doubt overall wee have the best squad in this league but they have to be as one.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:10 am

In my opinion february is our biggest month of the season,if we are in the top 2 at the start of march i think we will definitely get automatic promotion.Have a look at the fixtures from march onwards other than QPR burnley are the highest placed team we have got to play we have got a great chance. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:17 am

Midfield general wrote:I think if we dont lose against Swansea and Forest and we'll be laughing all the way to the premiership

Good shout. The QPR game at ours will be a cracker too! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:19 am

Hmmm, a bit of a conundrum here, Annis, as we don't want to get too cocky. However, to me the Bluebirds CAN be in the top two come Game 46 and this is my reasoning:

1: We were good enough pre-Christmas (as our league position somehow showed) despite an awful run after that dreaded Manager of the Month Award

2: The team AND squad is already infinitely better with its new additions and they are surely going to step up to the mark from here on in. Allowing Drinkwater to return is a sign of this, as we now have BETTER EQUIPPED players to help complete the task. We wouldn't have said that previously (and that's not having a pop at 'Drinky' as I rated him early on and wish he could have stayed)

3: As tight as it is, teams around us still have each other to play and it is inevitable that they will take points off each other. I know it could be argued that they could do it to us BUT I firmly believe OUR team is better equipped than any other to only have to worry abour OUR form and nobody elses....

4: As we found last season, once the 'window' closes the value of having a good SQUAD becomes apparent. No-one has a better squad than Cardif City and I believe this will be THE deciding factor as the season draws to a close

5: Every year Dave Jones has been here we have inproved our league position. That means the ONLY outcome this season will be promotion to the Premiership!!

The ONLY concern I have at the moment is our poor defending on occasion BUT I am sure that Dave Jones will make the necessary purchases (one already in) over the next few days to rectify that....

For me?? I just have a feeling it is OUR year....

I didn't feel it LAST season despite our lofty position and element of luck against Leicester City but, as nervous as I am at every game, I tink THIS is our year!!

Position predictions?? A toughy but I'll go for:

1: Cardiff City
2: Nottingham Forest
-------------------------
3: QPR (loss of form (or an injury) to Tarrabt will end their season at the top
4: Watford
5: Bastards
6: Leicester (my favourites for the play-off as they will be that 'in form' side like Liverpool North were last year)
-------------------------
7: THE REST!!

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:
:lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am

Ive kept the faith all along we'll do it, it just feels different this time...the talent we have coupled with the absence of any big hitters from thd Prem dropping down will ensure we go up...as CHAMPS!!!

It all starts against the Royals then we'll finally have our moment at the Liberty - i cant wait for the next couple of weeks! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:37 am

whose got the biggest bollox. Cos we'll need big ones to win this league. :ayatollah: