these days is a young man's game. Look at Watford last Saturday, yes
we beat them (eventually) but they never gave up. If you remember
the chances they blew first half......?

Matthews will be a great talent if he is nurtured through the game
by a decent manager. He would be in my team ahead of Naylor anyday

:ayatollah:

Re: " I THINK DAVE JONES IS WRONG "

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:39 pm

desbluebird wrote:the prolem with youth in this country are more and more foreigners coming over even youth players we got a couple of french kids in our youth team surely thats not djs fault its all or nothing this season wildig will be a player this season? no u cant risk it matthews might be a player he was at swansea they let hjm go we picked him up but dont think hes ready for the pressure games this season we cant afford to lose points anymore every game must be a must win game

Thats why England are so crap, because youngsters dont get chances in the Premier etc.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:40 pm

wigstar wrote:Annis unfortunately Mr Jones has never favoured youth. Football

He can't play left back! :) :ayatollah:

desbluebird wrote:the prolem with youth in this country are more and more foreigners coming over even youth players we got a couple of french kids in our youth team surely thats not djs fault its all or nothing this season wildig will be a player this season? no u cant risk it matthews might be a player he was at swansea they let hjm go we picked him up but dont think hes ready for the pressure games this season we cant afford to lose points anymore every game must be a must win game

Swansea didn't let Matthews go, he was never on their books...

Forever Blue wrote:

Thats why England are so crap, because youngsters dont get chances in the Premier etc.

THATS why i feel wales will be good in yr or 2 due to the young guns getting experience in the wales team already if you get me.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Wiggy and Watford were full of passionate youngsters :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

Neither can Naylor! Switch Kev there it's his best position :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:45 pm

i stand corrected on matthews apoolies

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Wiggy and Watford were full of passionate youngsters :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thought they were a more than useful team Annis...Superfit, hungry, lean and young
They have a top academy there aswell. The Manager must take some credit aswell for
the way they play :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What everyone is missing here is, Local players in My opinion show more passion/care for the club, bottle/guts come to mind. Having local talent in Our Side to me, inspires our Fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

of course they do but just because your local doesnt mean your good enough to play at that level i loved watchihg joe dwyer jason perry even scot young they gave it all, but would they get in this team, maybe,,they would i dont know but none of the current crop are good enough at the moment

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I THINK DAVE JONES IS WRONG "
Regarding never giving our youngsters a proper run in the side.

Just look at how he treated Ramsey before, if he had played Ramsey more and started him v Pompey well, you never know.

But Serious, look at Matthews/Wilding/Drinkwater(I know not a Cardiff lad) and they are only the youngsters at this moment he has left them to rot or ruined them.

A Great team in My Opinion and a team The Fans can relate to should without doubt have some local talent in it.
We have a Great Accademy But Jones has No Care for it, WHY ? WHY DOES HE NOT LIKE YOUTH ?

I for one love watching local Talent.
How can Naylor(DJ's Pal/Chum) be better than Matthews.

DJ Relies to much on Oldies/Injury prone players and Big Name has beens .

THE YOUNGSTERS ARE CARDIFF CITY'S FUTURE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Your a bit old to be looking at the local talent these days Annis, be careful or the Mrs'll kill you. :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Its Good to have a Debate with totally Different Opinions, thats what Football and Life is All about :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I THINK DAVE JONES IS WRONG "
Regarding never giving our youngsters a proper run in the side.

Just look at how he treated Ramsey before, if he had played Ramsey more and started him v Pompey well, you never know.

But Serious, look at Matthews/Wilding/Drinkwater(I know not a Cardiff lad) and they are only the youngsters at this moment he has left them to rot or ruined them.

A Great team in My Opinion and a team The Fans can relate to should without doubt have some local talent in it.
We have a Great Accademy But Jones has No Care for it, WHY ? WHY DOES HE NOT LIKE YOUTH ?

I for one love watching local Talent.
How can Naylor(DJ's Pal/Chum) be better than Matthews.

DJ Relies to much on Oldies/Injury prone players and Big Name has beens .

THE YOUNGSTERS ARE CARDIFF CITY'S FUTURE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have to disagree with you here Annis, as DJ gave Ramsey plenty of opportunities to shine, prior to his departure to Arsenal, otherwise Wenger wouldn't have paid nearly £5 million for him, if he hadn't seen him play often enough!

I also remember watching our last few league fixtures shortly before the 2008 Cup Final and clearly remember Ramsey pulling out of many tackles!

It may well be that he was trying to not get injured and risk missing the Final, but IMO, I think this is the reason why Ramsey was chosen to start the match and that's why it was Ramsey's fault IMO and not DJ's!

Darcy hasn't been the same player this season, that he was last season and Matthews has had a couple of dreadful performances at right back and doesn't appear competent enough on his left foot, in order to take the left back berth!

A lot of speculation has been made on here recently, that Matthews may be more of a midfield player than a full back, but there are a lot of more already accomplished midfield players in the squad than Matthews and not forgetting that the pressure is on DJ big time this season to take us up, I don't think that he can gamble too much on the youth in our squad!

Drinkwater was superb for us at the beginning of the season and I'll never forget being at Pompey and him winning the ball on the half way line, which led to us going 1-0 up, even if it was via an own goal!

Unforunately for Drinkwater and for us however, he hasn't recovered his form since his injury of about 2 months and also the illness he picked up either!

The one player that I'm confused about though this season, is Aaron Wildigg, as I can't understand why he was good enough for us last season in many a game, but doesn't seem to have been given a run out in central midfield, even when we had a long list of injured players! I know that he had growing problems and a bad back or so, but I don't know if these problems were enough for DJ not to consider him!

Wildigg is the only concession I will make however :) , but perhaps DJ knows something that we don't! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Its Good to have a Debate with totally Different Opinions, thats what Football and Life is All about :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

to true ,i just wish we had more younsters coming through,

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:03 pm

wigstar wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Neither can Naylor! Switch Kev there it's his best position :ayatollah:

Sorry Wiggy, but Kev's position is definitely right back, but I have enjoyed seeing him alongside Hudson for the past few games, as he's covered behind the full backs and Hudson, who we already know is aerodynamically challenged! :) :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Annis,

You make some good points but I sometimes think you views are impacted by your desire to have a pop at Dave Jones.

I agree that he makes mistakes - not playing Ramsey at Wembley was one of his biggest - but then so do all managers and so do fans.

I don't think Matthews was playing that well, possibly bcause he let himself get carried away with all the hype (happens to a lot of young players who never fulfil their potential)

I don't want Matthews to go but I don't think you can always lay the blame solely on the manager

For example, if we'd had a larger squad, he'd have been an ideal candidate to send out on loan and allow him to develop and learn elsewhere and then come back to us and blossom (look what happened to Blake last year when we sent him to Plymouth)

We live and learn as they say!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Perhaps if the thread was " Do we need younger players/ local players" then i'd agree but " Dave Jones is wrong" is a a dig at Jones and undermining.

C'mon Annis put the anti DJ away til end of season, give it a try......

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:22 pm

yet again annis having a critism of jones ok you dont like him but you dont have to try and crucify him on every decision he makes if he fails he will have to go we all know that as im sure he does he is not responsible for all thats gone on in past as regards matthews he was a case of a youngster pushed to far to early couldnt handle pressure and cracks began to show in his play and no doubt on the trainingground.and i thought we had our local lad in the team now in shape of bellamy.LESS CRITISM MORE SUPPORT THATS WHATS NEEDED :old: :old:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Welshpaul wrote:Perhaps if the thread was " Do we need younger players/ local players" then i'd agree but " Dave Jones is wrong" is a a dig at Jones and undermining.

C'mon Annis put the anti DJ away til end of season, give it a try......

Changed it for you Paul, But I stand by what I Believe, DJ Does not give them a chance.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:27 pm

pensionerbluebird wrote:yet again annis having a critism of jones ok you dont like him but you dont have to try and crucify him on every decision he makes if he fails he will have to go we all know that as im sure he does he is not responsible for all thats gone on in past as regards matthews he was a case of a youngster pushed to far to early couldnt handle pressure and cracks began to show in his play and no doubt on the trainingground.and i thought we had our local lad in the team now in shape of bellamy.LESS CRITISM MORE SUPPORT THATS WHATS NEEDED :old: :old:

I SUPPORT and CHEER MY TEAM FOR 90 Mins, yet I hear half the Crowd get on their backs if thing are NOT GOING RIGHT, MY SUPPORT IS GIVEN 100% AT THE STADIUM, ON HERE I LIKE GOOD DEBATES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " WE NEED YOUTH and YOUNGER PLAYERS "

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:33 pm

i read all posts annis yours and others but like you say its up for debate and im not going to agree with what you or others say all the time no one doubts you a good supporter all i said is lets not critise at this time support and sticking together is what we need i speak after55years of supporting the city man and boy :old: :old:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Lol, nice one Annis.

Okay i challenge you to go from here to the end of the season without posting a thread slagging Jones, not saying you can't have an opinion on CCFC matters but an opinion that ain't slagging DJ directly.

Up for it??

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:36 pm

I agree with Annis, but I don't think we have the structure in place to bring youngsters through.
I know we have an academy, and we have a youth side, but then it's straight into the first team. That's a hell of a jump.
We don't have the luxury of being able to slowly bring players in, blooding them in games we're expected to win easily. We don't have ANY games where we're expected to win easily.

I've read recently that the FA are looking at restructuring the youth and reserve leagues, and it'll be interesting to see if we start taking part.

I also wonder if there's a financial issue. Can we afford to have a first team, a reserve team, and a youth team? Can we afford to stage games, to take the reserve and youth teams around the country?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 pm

pensionerbluebird wrote:i read all posts annis yours and others but like you say its up for debate and im not going to agree with what you or others say all the time no one doubts you a good supporter all i said is lets not critise at this time support and sticking together is what we need i speak after55years of supporting the city man and boy :old: :old:

I dont expect you to agree, actually when I put a positive post on here I get 2 replies :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

BUT I AM A STRONG BELIEVER IN LOCAL TALENT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Welshpaul wrote:Lol, nice one Annis.

Okay i challenge you to go from here to the end of the season without posting a thread slagging Jones, not saying you can't have an opinion on CCFC matters but an opinion that ain't slagging DJ directly.

Up for it??

Sorry Paul you win, BUT IF HE DOES NOT PUT HIS HANDS IN HIS POCKETS FOR HALF A MATCH, I AM UP FOR IT :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:42 pm

SteW wrote:I agree with Annis, but I don't think we have the structure in place to bring youngsters through.
I know we have an academy, and we have a youth side, but then it's straight into the first team. That's a hell of a jump.
We don't have the luxury of being able to slowly bring players in, blooding them in games we're expected to win easily. We don't have ANY games where we're expected to win easily.

I've read recently that the FA are looking at restructuring the youth and reserve leagues, and it'll be interesting to see if we start taking part.

I also wonder if there's a financial issue. Can we afford to have a first team, a reserve team, and a youth team? Can we afford to stage games, to take the reserve and youth teams around the country?

The Answer Stew, A RESERVE TEAM, NOT COSTLY EITHER :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Barcelona the best team in the world some would say in history is built up of players from their academy something like 7 of their starting 11. Also some of the best players in the world have come through the barcelona academy e.g fabregas. So the proof is in the pudding.

I think if you have players that have come up through the ranks they play for the shirt more, and wear their heart on their sleeve.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:45 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Barcelona the best team in the world some would say in history is built up of players from their academy something like 7 of their starting 11. Also some of the best players in the world have come through the barcelona academy e.g fabregas. So the proof is in the pudding.

I think if you have players that have come up through the ranks they play for the shirt more, and wear their heart on their sleeve.

Ackers
" TOP POST and VERY TRUE " :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:58 pm

I want the club to get on a sound financial footing which would allow us to keep hold of the young guns coming through the system. I agree with Annis we desperately need a reserve team which would allow the youngsters to gain experience. We all forget that the JET goals that were put on here was from reserve games, and that is where Wenger monitors his progress and then gives him a run out in the first team every now and then. That way the kid is not thrown in the deep end and gains the necessary experience.

I am very passionate about youth development and I want to see these youngsters progressing through the ranks. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What everyone is missing here is, Local players in My opinion show more passion/care for the club, bottle/guts come to mind. Having local talent in Our Side to me, inspires our Fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nope - its only money that motivates players nowadays - the youngsters (and their agents) will do what is best for themselves. Local loyalty is dead, untill they have made their millions and are looking towards retirement (Bellamy)