Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WE NEED YOUTH and YOUNGER PLAYERS "

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:16 pm

" I THINK DAVE JONES IS WRONG "

JUST MY OPINION and BELEIF :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Regarding never giving our youngsters a proper run in the side.

Just look at how he treated Ramsey before, if he had played Ramsey more and started him v Pompey well, you never know.

But Serious, look at Matthews/Wilding/Drinkwater(I know not a Cardiff lad) and they are only the youngsters at this moment he has left them to rot or ruined them.

A Great team in My Opinion and a team The Fans can relate to should without doubt have some local talent in it.
We have a Great Accademy But Jones has No Care for it, WHY ? WHY DOES HE NOT LIKE YOUTH ?

I for one love watching local Talent.
How can Naylor(DJ's Pal/Chum) be better than Matthews.

DJ Relies to much on Oldies/Injury prone players and Big Name has beens .

THE YOUNGSTERS ARE CARDIFF CITY'S FUTURE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " I THINK DAVE JONES IS WRONG "

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I THINK DAVE JONES IS WRONG "

Just look at how he treated Ramsey before, if he had played Ramsey more and started him v Pompey well, you never know.

But Serious, look at Matthews/Wilding/Drinkwater(I know not a Cardiff lad) and they are only the youngsters at this moment he has left them to rot or ruined them.

A Great team in My Opinion and a team The Fans can relate to should without doubt have some local talent in it.
We have a Great Accademy But Jones has No Care for it, WHY ? WHY DOES HE NOT LIKE YOUTH ?

Don't forget Chris Gunter he was a regular with Wales before DJ gave him a run in the side. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:20 pm

but if the youngsters cost us game and didn't do something right and mite of cost us promotion would you go ? we need more experience? i do agree with you in a small way but my opinion experience gets you out of it and if we want to go up this season we haven't got time for young guns to fall away and make mistakes.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:21 pm

castleblue wrote:

Don't forget Chris Gunter he was a regular with Wales before DJ gave him a run in the side. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know we could name many youngsters that DJ Totally ignores.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Dave Jones has a scouser attitude, so if you f**k him off your out. Its shit but thats the way it is. I followed Everton and city for 5 years(season ticket for each. LOL. Suprised im still married). If we do go up i still think we need to address the manager situation. :old:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:24 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

but if the youngsters cost us game and didn't do something right and mite of cost us promotion would you go ? we need more experience? i do agree with you in a small way but my opinion experience gets you out of it and if we want to go up this season we haven't got time for young guns to fall away and make mistakes.

Rob, But we have not gone up in the last 5 years and even now were stuttering, Jones one promotion in last 18 years.
At Wolves(when DJ was there)in April they were 9 pts clear approx, Never went up, Following year in April 7pts clear(approx), eventually went up in play offs, Following year straight back down.
Alex Ferguson Built HIS GREAT TEAMS ON YOUTH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:24 pm

bigwave1927 wrote:Dave Jones has a scouser attitude, so if you f**k him off your out. Its shit but thats the way it is. I followed Everton and city for 5 years(season ticket for each. LOL. Suprised im still married). If we do go up i still think we need to address the manager situation. :old:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Rob, But we have not gone up in the last 5 years and even now were stuttering, Jones one promotion in last 18 years.
At Wolves(when DJ was there)in April they were 9 pts clear approx, Never went up, Following year in April 7pts clear(approx), eventually went up in play offs, Following year straight back down.
Alex Ferguson Built HIS GREAT TEAMS ON YOUTH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

could are youth take us to prem blake wildig matthews meades ? sorry mr annis i can't agree with you this time, i don't think they could take us up there, maybe if we got up to prem with older players then bring younger ones in to give the ultimate test in the prem like sir alex is great at then i would not mind that,

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:27 pm

Rob
could our youth take us to prem blake wildig matthews meades ? sorry mr annis i can't agree with you this time, i don't think they could take us up there, maybe if we got up to prem with older players then bring younger ones in to give the ultimate test in the prem like sir alex is great at then i would not mind that,

Rob, Not a team full of youth lol, 2 or 3 players .

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:29 pm

I must add ive been a city fan since 1975 the Everton thing was just a blip.LOL. But i would love to draw them in the cup. Great scraps in the 80's between us. Surely the hiarachoy of this board can remember a famous scrape with them. I DO :old:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Rob
could are youth take us to prem blake wildig matthews meades ? sorry mr annis i can't agree with you this time, i don't think they could take us up there, maybe if we got up to prem with older players then bring younger ones in to give the ultimate test in the prem like sir alex is great at then i would not mind that,

Rob, Not a team full of youth lol, 2 or 3 players .

if you want me to be honest only one that will be superstar is wildig he gone out on loan and will grown in confidence could have star on are hands. reminds me of a scholes good passer always got time and small :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:40 pm

The role of the Academy in the past had been to finance the club - both Gunter and Ramsey were sold for financial and not footballing reasons. Those sales were right for the club at the time. Both were sold to top Premier teams - you can't expect boys to turn down those sort of offers on the basis that they might get a better offer in future?

The fee for Gunter was reported as 2million for someone who has developed into a good Championship full back. Would you pay 2 million for a right back?

Matthews has yet to prove he is good enough - had a good few weeks early last season but shown little since destroyed at Newcastle last season.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:53 pm

think on this occasion djs right got to go for experience weve thrown kids in gave them games but if they make mistakes they loss confidence wots thats goin to archive? look at darcy blake last year came into his own this year couldnt kick a barn door everyone has there favs fans managers me as a surporter ill back whoevers wearing the shirt but fraid to say djs right not trying the kids this season to me this season is all or nothing

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Annis i know you have a real issue with DJ and agree you are entitled to your opinion but i am concerned that your posts can turn fans against DJ at a precerious time of the season.

Perhaps you could refrain from having a go and if he fails to get the promised land certaonly say you told us so, i don't think this is the time tho specially after three difficult games where we have taken good points against rivals.

Just my opinion mate and not a dig.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:57 pm

gunter ledley and ramsey are the only 2 we have had come through the ranks in the last few years that are top half of championship/premier players, gunter sale was out of his hands, ramsey we were never going to keep, sorry but far too good for cardiff city, and ledley contract messed up by ridsdale, none of that really djs fault, although he got gunter wrong and should of at least given him a chance before wales did.
blake and matthews have both let the team down too much, wildeg looked too lightweight, again, not sure what you expect from dave jones, on the one hand you are saying he has the best squad in the championship and should be sacked if we dont go up, now you are saying he should be building a team arond youngsters who simply arent good enough for the level we are at

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Why have we just brought in JET (20) and Ramsey (20) on loan then?

:roll:

I don't doubt that Jones leans towards more experienced players, but I don't buy the he "doesn't like youth" argument. Under Jones we have either sold youth on for quite hefty fees, or realeased them, never to be seen again. As far as I'm aware only Ledley is the exception, and I think that was more to do with Ridsdale's contract negotiating skills.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Annis I agree with much of what you say, buy IMO he is doing what he feels is good to get us to go up. I'm with him100%, but if he fails he has to go this time. I do think he's the man for the job though and always has been!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:03 pm

A club with the size of catchment area Cardiff have, along with the Wales thing, should have a couple local homegrown youngsters in it. For whatever reason this has been lacking, maybe there just isn't talent out there or maybe the club just not looking hard enough but something I think will improve once we get to the prem and can be worked on

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Did he not get promotion with Stockport? One, or two promotions in eighteen years? DJ is a very wealthy man for not having to deliver much isn't he? Given that since the Championship was formed 84% of promoted sides had in place a manager with less than 2 years in the job, DJ has had a good run for his money!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:10 pm

I could not agree anymore, however im glad drinkwater has gone back! against stoke yo could tell he did not want to be here! However selling matthews is a big mistake, star of the future i reckon. Why does dj see in naylor? everytime i see him on the pitch i think how is he playing a promotion push side?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:13 pm

As for the Ramsey situation - I will quote Ridsdale's words when I asked him about selling him ---

You go in there and tell a 17yr old kid he cant have his dream move when he his hell bent on having it

Regardless of our feelings for the management at this club, NOW and for the next 4 months are the most crucial in our history, so it is imperative we ALL get behind them and gain promotion. Without promotion this year I firmly believe the club won't ever recover so lets all 'back em' ffs

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:16 pm

dont blame him, I expect if you were in hisshoes right now you would do the same,He knows he has to get promotion this year, so I don blame him for going for experiance before youth.

Matthews, could be a good player, time will tell,I dont think he is a full back though, Drinkwater..average, Gunter..when he was with us he was average, I certainly couldnt believe it when Spurs came him for him,However, they soon realised they had made a mistake. Morris, Jones Tried him, but he was never going to make it at this level.

Jones brought Ledley through, and I am sure in an ideal world he would play one or two others, however stakes are high, and youth at this level and above not really given much of a chance.

So no, I dont blame Dave Jones

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Welshpaul wrote:Annis i know you have a real issue with DJ and agree you are entitled to your opinion but i am concerned that your posts can turn fans against DJ at a precerious time of the season.

Perhaps you could refrain from having a go and if he fails to get the promised land certaonly say you told us so, i don't think this is the time tho specially after three difficult games where we have taken good points against rivals.

Just my opinion mate and not a dig.

But Paul, I honestly believe he is wrong when it comes to Our Youth, I love watching the Jason Perry's/Phil Dwyers of this world come through and we now have the best ever youth system, yet he is stopping it progressing in my opinion.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:29 pm

And you may well be right mate, i agree having a homeborn hero on the pitch like Perry/ Blake is a buzz.

My point is you have a huge influence on the fans mate and i applaud a lot of the work you do on behalf of the fans, my fear is whatever Jones weaknesses we ALL need to be on his side with the next few monthes coming up and i think the likes of you, Carl and Gwynn can stimulate a positive vibe which would improve:

1. The atmosphere we all comment on
2. Performances on the pitch with fans not criticising selections etc.

So as Alli says says "support the boys and make some noise"

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:31 pm

So it's his fault all the players were sold out of his hands? Ah another stab at the manager, never gets things right, has no 'passion' (best PR word ever) blahblahblah, if the 'youngsters' make a mistake it's all Jones' fault for picking him and not coaching him from the age of 4.

If the manager believes they're good enough to play then they play, it's that simple.

I'll leave here for someone to say I'm wrong and that it's all bollocks, bye

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Alex wrote:So it's his fault all the players were sold out of his hands? Ah another stab at the manager, never gets things right, has no 'passion' (best PR word ever) blahblahblah, if the 'youngsters' make a mistake it's all Jones' fault for picking him and not coaching him from the age of 4.

If the manager believes they're good enough to play then they play, it's that simple.

I'll leave here for someone to say I'm wrong and that it's all bollocks, bye

Bye :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Welshpaul wrote:And you may well be right mate, i agree having a homeborn hero on the pitch like Perry/ Blake is a buzz.

My point is you have a huge influence on the fans mate and i applaud a lot of the work you do on behalf of the fans, my fear is whatever Jones weaknesses we ALL need to be on his side with the next few monthes coming up and i think the likes of you, Carl and Gwynn can stimulate a positive vibe which would improve:

1. The atmosphere we all comment on
2. Performances on the pitch with fans not criticising selections etc.

So as Alli says says "support the boys and make some noise"

Paul, I Said after the Watford game what an Amazing game and We have the BEST SQUAD IN THE DIVISION :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:35 pm

im not a jones fan i think im in the minority there, but i dont go along with the not giving youngsters a chance,its just the timing is never right to give them games every game in this division is difficult , and like someone said weve brought in a couple of youngsters but there lies the difference these youngsters have got the confidence and ability that our young boys have not got thats my opinion anyway if they are good enough im sure they would play, if i was manager i would most prob go down the same route

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:36 pm

What everyone is missing here is, Local players in My opinion show more passion/care for the club, bottle/guts come to mind. Having local talent in Our Side to me, inspires our Fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:38 pm

the prolem with youth in this country are more and more foreigners coming over even youth players we got a couple of french kids in our youth team surely thats not djs fault its all or nothing this season wildig will be a player this season? no u cant risk it matthews might be a player he was at swansea they let hjm go we picked him up but dont think hes ready for the pressure games this season we cant afford to lose points anymore every game must be a must win game