Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Drinkwater loan cancelled

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:45 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 42,00.html

Re: Drinkwater loan cancelled

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:48 pm

I thought they were'nt allowed to recall him unless Man Ure are going to sell him to someone

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Surprising as I felt he had something to offer.
Solves the problem of not fitting all the loans into the squad tho.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:50 pm

We must have agreed to it.....they can't just recall him unless they are going to sell him.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:55 pm

romfordbluebird wrote:I thought they were'nt allowed to recall him unless Man Ure are going to sell him to someone

Thats what it says in the rules:

48.2.4 The period of a Long Term Loan shall expire no earlier than the end of the Season in
which the Long Term Loan takes place and a Player signed on such a transfer must
complete the loan period and may not be recalled by his original Club at any time
during that loan period save:
a when the Player is recalled and transferred permanently to another Club; and
b in the case of a goalkeeper whose agreement may contain a recall clause which
may only be implemented in exceptional circumstances with the consent
of the Executive.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Not too gutted coz I was struggling tinder how he was gonna fit in but would have been nice to have around for back up

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

I dont think it is due to us not playing him, he played most games when fit did'nt he? Its only recently through injury that he has not featured much...

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

I'm in agreement with other posters, if it was back in December and it happened I'd be worried, but I'm sure DJ has it covered with his recent transfer activity.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:06 pm

botw2 wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6700842,00.html

Do you reckon another loan player is waiting in the wings? By Drinkwater leaving, Keogh will probably be out of the squad unless Bellers is resting and a new loan player could come in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Not too bothered as I think Drinkwater has struggled

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:06 pm

real shame as anyone who saw Danny play at Portsmouth will have realised that if it hadnt been for injury he would have been one of our best players. Since then he has struggled, although he hasnt been helped by playing out of position in left midfield. At least this frees up some space for other loans I suppose!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:real shame as anyone who saw Danny play at Portsmouth will have realised that if it hadnt been for injury he would have been one of our best players. Since then he has struggled, although he hasnt been helped by playing out of position in left midfield. At least this frees up some space for other loans I suppose!

yes I was there that day and he was lookin good til injury struck , he's not been the same player since :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:real shame as anyone who saw Danny play at Portsmouth will have realised that if it hadnt been for injury he would have been one of our best players. Since then he has struggled, although he hasnt been helped by playing out of position in left midfield. At least this frees up some space for other loans I suppose!

Totally agree he also looked a special talent in the 4-0 over Doncaster. In those games we were playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 and I think that system suited him better as it did with Oli.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Totally agree he also looked a special talent in the 4-0 over Doncaster. In those games we were playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 and I think that system suited him better as it did with Oli.

yes but it didnt work away to QPR tho ??

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Not too gutted with JET and Ramsay coming in, but surely you can't just recall a player because you think the loaning manager isnt playing him enough? (unless its written in the loan contract) but then, surely with the season not over yet, there is still plenty of game time left - so I dont know what Fergusson is up to. (maybe he has been sold?)

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Midfield general wrote:Not too bothered and I wish Wigan done the same with Koumas

my thoughts completely there :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Probably means we will be keeping Ramsey for the rest of the season which would be great news :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm

It's a decent move to open up squad space. We've 7 loans and 5 spaces with him & Koumas being my choice for the boot from the match day squad each time. He shows bags of enthusiasm and passion but lacks any sort of touch or ability to pick a pass, which is what we need at the moment. He's a young Gavin Rae in my eyes.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:53 pm

i'm happy ... didn't think he was all that tbh, i know injuries were to blame and he did start well, but he was never setting the world on fire!