Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay Bothroyd makes the London Metro

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:32 pm

In todays London Metro it says "Under pressure Birmingham boss Alex Mcleish is set to step up his pursuit of Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd this week :evil:

Re: Jay Bothroyd makes the London Metro

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:36 pm

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... ex-mcleish

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Interesting reading the rest of the article to see they hope to use Kevin Phillips as bait to get him,thats a major wage drop he is going to have to accept if he seriously wants to come to Cardiff though

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 pm

he just said on sky sports news that he will not be looking at any signings for 24/48 until he gets the semi final out of the way.
he also said hes struggling to bring new faces in at the moment after making a few enquiries. :D

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Feck him Jay, He missed out on 2 or 3 other strikers so now he wants you as a last resort! Bollocks to him.......tell him to shove off! ;)

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:41 pm

If we are serious about promotion how can we let him go for any kind of money? He along with chops are the main men that got us into second place. Even if they pay 6mil for him ,how would we be sure that we can get another striker that will carry on from where he left off?
For me to sell him now it would be suicide by the club and it would show that we have no real interest in prem football.
I think it would be better to loose him for nothing in the summer than to loose out on promotion now,which is what would happen. Ok we just got a couple of new guys in BUT is it worth banking on them to carry on the way jay has for us? NO!
Yes the beast has scored in his first game , but one swallow do not a summer make ,and its going to take more than 4/3 games of any striker to build up the kind of understanding that Jay and Chops has got.

Sorry but no matter who they bring in now, we still need Jay to take us to the prem,If they were to take 3/4/5/6 mil now
it will show no serious intention of getting to the prem for me and Im sure there are others who will see it in the same way.