Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Family stand empty seats & season tickets

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Much has been said on here about the no shows for games where there is a season ticket in place for that seat....this is also applicable to the family stand where there are cheaper tickets available for kids compared to other parts of the ground.

Is there any clause in the season ticket renewal that states if the seat, once paid for, is consistently empty for matches then the club can reclaim that season ticket and suffer no financial penalty, thus making that seat available for sale on a game by game basis ?

The club will know what seats are paid for and are not being used ! another season ticket application from the same person for the same seat could at least prompt the club to ask why it was not used.

I know that once paid for, logic would say, so what if they are there or not..it's been paid for...but if that seat remains empty then it's the club that suffers through lack of merchandising etc, food/drink sales (impacts on price Compass pay to club) etc.

If all these no shows turned up it might help with the atmosphere as well !!!!

any thoughts ?

Re: Family stand empty seats & season tickets

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:54 pm

the club that suffers through lack of merchandising etc, food/drink sales

the club lose out on that front due to lack of stock in the shop and overpricing at the kiosks, much more than 100 kids not turning up.
£3:10 for a pie that cost £1 in tescos is a rip off

i also believe they are infringing on my civil rights by not allowing me out of the stadium, to go to a food outlet during half time, there is nothing stated on any thing i have been issued with saying that once in the stadium your not allowed to leave.

back on topic no i dont think there is and dont think they should either,unless their prepared to pay you for the seat,
and yes im saying that because i am one of them fathers who takes my daughter to the games, but of late especially during the cold spell she didnt want to come with me? are you saying she should lose out because she didnt want to get cold?

because i can tell you, of seats in the family stand occupied by adults who dont turn up every game, probably due to work of family commitment

my seat my choice :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Its a pity there isn't a way of the club re-selling your seat if you know for certain you don't want to go for whatever reason.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:15 pm

"CONSISTENTLY" empty....not just empty for a few games. I don't take 2 of my kids to night matches unless off school...that is not what I am saying.....it's those who buy the seat and do not use it..not just in the family stand but all over the ground....

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:38 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

the club lose out on that front due to lack of stock in the shop and overpricing at the kiosks, much more than 100 kids not turning up.

i also believe they are infringing on my civil rights by not allowing me out of the stadium, to go to a food outlet during half time, there is nothing stated on any thing i have been issued with saying that once in the stadium your not allowed to leave.

back on topic no i dont think there is and dont think they should either,unless their prepared to pay you for the seat,
and yes im saying that because i am one of them fathers who takes my daughter to the games, but of late especially during the cold spell she didnt want to come with me? are you saying she should lose out because she didnt want to get cold?

because i can tell you, of seats in the family stand occupied by adults who dont turn up every game, probably due to work of family commitment

my seat my choice :ayatollah:

I suppose the club would answer by saying they will happily allow you to leave the stadium to go to McDonalds/KFC, it's just that they won't allow you back in, quoting that your ticket only allows for one entry.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Nickerino wrote:Much has been said on here about the no shows for games where there is a season ticket in place for that seat....this is also applicable to the family stand where there are cheaper tickets available for kids compared to other parts of the ground.

Is there any clause in the season ticket renewal that states if the seat, once paid for, is consistently empty for matches then the club can reclaim that season ticket and suffer no financial penalty, thus making that seat available for sale on a game by game basis ?

The club will know what seats are paid for and are not being used ! another season ticket application from the same person for the same seat could at least prompt the club to ask why it was not used.

I know that once paid for, logic would say, so what if they are there or not..it's been paid for...but if that seat remains empty then it's the club that suffers through lack of merchandising etc, food/drink sales (impacts on price Compass pay to club) etc.

If all these no shows turned up it might help with the atmosphere as well !!!!

any thoughts ?

I would imagine the club are only interested in your money when it comes to season ticket renewal and TBH they would be entering a minefield if they tried imposing what you suggest.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:24 pm

a minefield indeed Tony.....but with 2.5-3k not turning up at matches it needs tackling.

Some sort of reward programme for giving your tickets back...credit towards next season ticket....vouchers for shop.....

it's a lot of empty, paid for seats not earning on match days (or singing !).

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:42 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

same here my daughter is 7 and i didnt take her in the cold spell nor any midweek school night games..
i will never buy the shit overpriced food at the stadium either..
why do people have a go at the family stand? people with kids have more restrictions than the other parts of the stadium.
theres empty seats in the canton and the ninian and most of the grandstand have a go at those aswell..
family ( UNITED WE ) stand :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:48 pm

family ( UNITED WE ) stand
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:53 pm

I suppose the club would answer by saying they will happily allow you to leave the stadium to go to McDonalds/KFC, it's just that they won't allow you back in, quoting that your ticket only allows for one entry.

tony
again im sure its being infringed, i have purchased a ticket that allows me entry to a venue, it does not state only one entry, if that was the case you could not allow smokers outside for a fag.

i will ask the club for a copy of the terms and conditions that it say's about on the back of my membership card.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:37 pm

My friend wanted to go to the car at half time to get medication that he needed to take and forgot to take in with him before the match. The stewards would not allow him to. The car was in the official car park as well.