Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF BLUES NOT RENEWING THEIR DEAL AT CCS?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:46 am

RadCardiffSport Radio Cardiff Sport
by ViewFromTheNin
**BREAKING** Just heard that #CardiffBlues will not be renewing their deal at the Cardiff City Stadium.
46 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/RadCardiffSport

Re: CARDIFF BLUES NOT RENEWING THEIR DEAL AT CCS?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:50 am

That means there going back to town in 18 years time then. Did'nt they sign a 20 year lease?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:54 am

I understood it was 3 year deal - they will continue to use the CCs for big games eg Heineken cup on an ad hoc basis.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:55 am

Nothing official on Media Wales or the Blues official site,,,yet!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:02 pm

good sod them. egg is dead

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:05 pm

I really hope this is true!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:08 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I understood it was 3 year deal - they will continue to use the CCs for big games eg Heineken cup on an ad hoc basis.

Nope. Long term deal. Blues could cut a deal with the club to leave, but they are obligated to pay for, I believe, 18 days a year that thaey have the stadium for.

No idea who the hell the twitter people are, but I'd very much doubt if they had a clue.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Good, f**k off then.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:RadCardiffSport Radio Cardiff Sport
by ViewFromTheNin
**BREAKING** Just heard that #CardiffBlues will not be renewing their deal at the Cardiff City Stadium.
46 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/RadCardiffSport

I undersstood it was an initial 3 year lease with a 20 year option but, of course, Ridsdale made it sound better than it was!!

In fairness, Les Bleus are better off in their smaller, more intimate stadium near the pubs and clubs where they can at least LOOK like they have a good crowd, whilst The Bluebirds are far far better off without the constant churning up of their pitch.

Don't know if it'sdefinite but I'll be well chuffed if it is....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Glad they are going but, can we afford to go it alone ?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:22 pm

from twitter

RadCardiffSport Radio Cardiff Sport
****AMENDED**** #CardiffBlues rumour just that!!! Apologies.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:32 pm

This rumour has been rumbling on a while now, & with the Blues currently on a £600.000 cost cutting exersise [allegedly] i'm sure the stadium/share option is high on the list of prudent measures.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 pm

I hope so. The pitch cannot cope with both sports. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:42 pm

I would imagine the catering company who have the contract would have something to say about that, plus the pitch side and stadium advertisers, Don't sound feasible tr me, very attractive but not feasible. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 pm

I remember Ridsdale once saying that if the Blues wished to leave CCS he wouldn't stand in their way. In the grand scale of things what they pay us in rent is pennies once the pitch is taken into consideration.

Frankly we would be far better off without them.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:50 pm

They are like an unwanted tenant! Just go!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I remember Ridsdale once saying that if the Blues wished to leave CCS he wouldn't stand in their way. In the grand scale of things what they pay us in rent is pennies once the pitch is taken into consideration.

And we'd all believe that lying tw*t wouldn't we.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Pricey wrote:That means there going back to town in 18 years time then. Did'nt they sign a 20 year lease?

Yes and they will Owe City £ Millions if they break it.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:57 pm

The club shop will look even emptier :old: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I remember Ridsdale once saying that if the Blues wished to leave CCS he wouldn't stand in their way. In the grand scale of things what they pay us in rent is pennies once the pitch is taken into consideration.

About 750k a year.

Just as well we're totally debt free and can afford to lose income streams...

The rumour was absolute bollocks. It doesn't take too many brain cells to work that out.

Blues decide to leave means they breach the contract. Makes them liable to pay compensation.

If we get to Prem and PL prohibit ground sharing, then we have to terminate the contract and pay the Blues compensation.

Unless the Blues are run by utter cretins, it's clear the obvious approach from their perspective is to wait for us to get rid of them and take the money...