Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

sort the pitch out Nash & Jenkins .....

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:03 am

.............. and NOT spend too much time pussyfooting around about who should sit , stand and sing where . The pitch is a disgrace and rugby can not be blamed coz just look a few miles west to the Liberty , so if they can do it there then why not at the CCS ? Yet another case of cost cutting by Riddler and Co coz at the end of the day the players will suffer the most then come May you wont have to worry about extending the away section coz we wont go up playing on a cabbage patch every other week ! :evil:

Re: sort the pitch out Nash & Jenkins .....

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:14 am

Vintage 63 wrote:.............. and NOT spend too much time pussyfooting around about who should sit , stand and sing where . The pitch is a disgrace and rugby can not be blamed coz just look a few miles west to the Liberty , so if they can do it there then why not at the CCS ? Yet another case of cost cutting by Riddler and Co coz at the end of the day the players will suffer the most then come May you wont have to worry about extending the away section coz we wont go up playing on a cabbage patch every other week ! :evil:

Well said mate :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:17 am

When we first moved over to the new stadium we rented the lighting rigs from the Glamorgan Cricket ground and the difference it made in the corner areas where we just simply couldnt grow any grass amongst the artificial desso fibres was dramatic.

Yes it appears that the desso was spread pretty thin for the demands being put on the surface and extreme weather...I know of a few clubs who had it weaved into the soil twice, maybe we should have done the same? if it wasnt for riddler and his friend Spencer taking the cream off the top we might have! I believe on previous experience that lighting rigs really would make all the difference. Stumbling block is that they cost a small fortune.

Wayne basically has f*** all to do with the pitch, yes he is stadium manager but its Phil who is the head groundsman...you never see Wayne on the pitch like the old days. lol.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:26 am

couple more weeks boys and the pitch will be looking like this!

thebeach.JPG

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:28 am

I would imagine that stadium manager covers all aspects of the stadium from grass to the roof and I applaud the current groundsman for doing all he can BUT the pitch needs to be sorted and whatever the cost is then Im sure Sam / Langston can drop their money by at least that much to allow progress to be made coz Im guessing its £ thousands and not £ millions involved here ? Plus we all know there is about a 3 month lead time on the pitch lighting so why wasnt it sorted 4 months ago ?? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:29 am

Vintage 63 wrote:.............. and NOT spend too much time pussyfooting around about who should sit , stand and sing where . The pitch is a disgrace and rugby can not be blamed coz just look a few miles west to the Liberty , so if they can do it there then why not at the CCS ? Yet another case of cost cutting by Riddler and Co coz at the end of the day the players will suffer the most then come May you wont have to worry about extending the away section coz we wont go up playing on a cabbage patch every other week ! :evil:

got help us when it gets wet. cos lets face it, its been a pretty dry winter barring the snow!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:39 am

I just dont know why they've not sorted it yet mate. I would have thought last seasons copycat stamford beach was a hint at things to come! Now with it rapidly dying in front of their very eyes again this season I think the message has be signed, sealed and delivered to whom it should concern. I still think its a matter of getting into the big league or not though?

I believe the lighting rigs go for just over a 1/4 of a mill. Dont take that as a fact though, im not sure.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Simple, it's all about finances,Championship if we were happy to stay here, i'm sure the playing staff is the main priority and it really is a balancing act.

Pitch-----------------players-----------YOU DECIDE.

Best way to find out------------------FIGHT. :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 pm

If it goes to the last home game of the season and its the 89th minute, we need to score to ensure automatic promo and then lets say bellamy breaks through one on one and trips on the mud or rolls it past the keeper and it hits a lump of mud and bobbles wide......THEN ILL WANT A FIGHT!! haha. :D :ayatollah: :D

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:56 pm

baseboy007 wrote:If it goes to the last home game of the season and its the 89th minute, we need to score to ensure automatic promo and then lets say bellamy breaks through one on one and trips on the mud or rolls it past the keeper and it hits a lump of mud and bobbles wide......THEN ILL WANT A FIGHT!! haha. :D :ayatollah: :D

:lol: :lol: