Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T gabbidon

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:06 am

would it not be better to be bringing in young blood from lower league that may have the abillity, desire and passion(and cost a lot less )and desire to get to the top not somebody that has nothing to proove,just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: O/T gabbidon

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:09 am

krab wrote:would it not be better to be bringing in young blood from lower league that may have the abillity, desire and passion(and cost a lot less )and desire to get to the top not somebody that has nothing to proove,just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

is that really off topic?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:13 am

jezzy666 wrote:
krab wrote:would it not be better to be bringing in young blood from lower league that may have the abillity, desire and passion(and cost a lot less )and desire to get to the top not somebody that has nothing to proove,just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i was thinking the same.. not really off topic...

but id def prefer someone who would be cheaper.. and lower leagues would be better... hungrier for it!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:29 am

cmorris1927 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

i was thinking the same.. not really off topic...

but id def prefer someone who would be cheaper.. and lower leagues would be better... hungrier for it!

Like Solomon Taiwo :roll: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:35 am

NIGELNIGLE wrote:Like Solomon Taiwo :roll: :ayatollah:

ok ok.. Gabbidon it is.. and lets have a higher injury bill :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:36 am

Roger Johnson stepped up a division to sign for CCFC and now look at him :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:14 am

cmorris1927 wrote:
NIGELNIGLE wrote:Like Solomon Taiwo :roll: :ayatollah:

ok ok.. Gabbidon it is.. and lets have a higher injury bill :ayatollah:

I know what you're saying and I do agree but it doesn't always work out and at this crucial time of our Season DJ is obviously looking to bring in an experienced Defender. :) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:21 am

NIGELNIGLE wrote:[
I know what you're saying and I do agree but it doesn't always work out and at this crucial time of our Season DJ is obviously looking to bring in an experienced Defender. :) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i think if they done some decent scouting.. they could find someone in lower divisions who isnt afraid to put himself around a bit.. can win headers and pass the ball out to midfield, instead of lumping it forward.. someone who we dont have..
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:25 am

cmorris1927 wrote:
NIGELNIGLE wrote:[

i think if they done some decent scouting.. they could find someone in lower divisions who isnt afraid to put himself around a bit.. can win headers and pass the ball out to midfield, instead of lumping it forward.. someone who we dont have..
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah there probably is a player out there well suited to our needs, it's just a shame our Scouts haven't found him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:32 am

plus to get a good player from a lower league who they will obviously value is likely to cost money in transfer fees. which we dont want to spend. gabbs on a free and just adding to the wage bill suits the board better

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:34 am

jezzy666 wrote:plus to get a good player from a lower league who they will obviously value is likely to cost money in transfer fees. which we dont want to spend. gabbs on a free and just adding to the wage bill suits the board better

true.. but if they find someone decent enough, surely they'd be looking for an investment

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:35 am

jezzy666 wrote:plus to get a good player from a lower league who they will obviously value is likely to cost money in transfer fees. which we dont want to spend. gabbs on a free and just adding to the wage bill suits the board better

Gabbs is on 50k a week at the moment :? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:36 am

Was a class act down here before he went to West Ham, Rio Ferdinand of this level he was. Better than that lump Hudson, should be here in a heartbeat.
Last edited by Sergeant Dribble on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:36 am

cmorris1927 wrote:

true.. but if they find someone decent enough, surely they'd be looking for an investment

thats what id like to think too....

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:58 am

May being the operative word to bring anyone that may is still gonna cost because they should be performing well for the club they are at , do we gamble on a maybe good enough or do we go for Gabbidon who definately is good enough and is having one of his better seasons injury wise ??????? :roll:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Roger Johnson stepped up a division to sign for CCFC and now look at him :ayatollah:

But Roger took a bit of time to bed into the team and hit his best form. We don't have time to do that so need someone who can step in directly.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Roger Johnson stepped up a division to sign for CCFC and now look at him :ayatollah:

Very good last season, but he's been poor recently.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Sergeant Dribble wrote:

I was going to say RJ struggling at the moment lost his regular partner Scott Dann and is playing below his usual standards. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Sergeant Dribble wrote:

I was going to say RJ struggling at the moment lost his regular partner Scott Dann and is playing below his usual standards. :ayatollah:

He is struggling, but was excellent last season. Goes to show though, make mistakes at a club like Birmingham and the majority won't notice.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:00 pm

jezzy666 wrote:

sorry got it wrong,maybe i ment on topic.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:05 pm

at one point we looked willing to spend close to a million in the transfer window.
could of picked up a tidy young defender from league 1, 2

now its all gone hush hush an all we can do is make a loan signing