Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCS NEEDS A SCOREBOARD

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:08 am

Why haven't ccs got a electronic score board every ground we travel to or you watch on tv got a scoreboard. its good to see the teams and score in bright lights and the time ticking down. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: it would not cost much

Re: CCS NEEDS A SCOREBOARD

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:14 am

steve wrote:Why haven't ccs got a electronic score board every ground we travel to or you watch on tv got a scoreboard. its good to see the teams and score in bright lights and the time ticking down. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: it would not cost much

think you have summed it up there , all to do with ££££'s altho we have got the big screen in the away corner which could display more I guess ? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:18 am

I would like a scoreboard there it make our stadium actually look like a stadium
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:36 am

We need a scoreboard in place of those clocks on each end. They're so small you can't make out how long is left etc. TBH I'm surprised we don't have a scoreboard bearing in mind the eggers play there.

The big screen should be like Coventrys. Rolling across the bottom they have all the prem and football league scores. Seeing as most people can't get on the internet via their phones because of poor signal, it would be very handy.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:37 am

My old man said the same thing on Saturday.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:46 am

steve wrote:Why haven't ccs got a electronic score board every ground we travel to or you watch on tv got a scoreboard. its good to see the teams and score in bright lights and the time ticking down. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: it would not cost much

Personally, I don't 'watch the clock' as it makes me nervous whichever way the game is going....it speeds up when we're behind and slows down when we're in front!!

Surely the existing screen is effectively a score board to be utilised. The big issue then would be to get one in the opposite corner!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:01 am

Can't say its ever occurred to me before. Personally I'd like a new left-back, but everyone to their own I suppose :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:05 am

I'd imagine most fans can remember the score, tbh.

It's only the eggers that have really whinged about it, mostly due to being pissed as farts.

We do pedantically have a scoreboard. Anything could be put up on the big screen, the club just choose to show the game footage.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:42 am

If you're incapable of remembering the score then there's not much hope to be fair.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:14 am

The Blues use the screen as a score board

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:34 am

Hallett wrote:The Blues use the screen as a score board

They also use an egg for a ball, what's your point?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:42 am

Sergeant Dribble wrote:

ummm..........what i said that the screen can be used as a score board

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:44 am

Hallett wrote:
Sergeant Dribble wrote:

ummm..........what i said that the screen can be used as a score board

Keep it for the action and advertisements, maximise revenue.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Funny enough I mentioned this on Saturday.

We used to have the score on the side of the screen so not sure why they took it off

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Sergeant Dribble wrote:If you're incapable of remembering the score then there's not much hope to be fair.

Oh look out, Dribbles about! :lol:

His point was merely an addition to the stadium's overall appearance - not to help him remember the bloody score!!!! :lol:

Anyway, like a previous poster has already mentioned - we have a score board - that we stream the game and highlights on instead! why they dont have a top screen status bar noting the score though above the game footage is beyond me - as it is such a simple thing to do...... :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:51 pm

I know a lot of Rugby fans have argued about this.

Hard to keep track of the score at Rugby, imagine it was 34-29 how the f**k would you know that if you cant see it lol.

Atleast at football you know the score, most of the time lol

We should have a scoreboard :ayatollah: