Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gabbidon ??

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:55 pm

What's happened to the Gabbidon rumours ? According to many on Friday he was due to sign over the weekend, now there is not even a mention :roll:

Is it dead in the water or are things progressing behind the scenes :?: :ayatollah:

Re: Gabbidon ??

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:57 pm

piledriver64 wrote:What's happened to the Gabbidon rumours ? According to many on Friday he was due to sign over the weekend, now there is not even a mention :roll:

Is it dead in the water or are things progressing behind the scenes :?: :ayatollah:

DJ quoted as saying a couple more players still to come in, so who knows? (except Carl of course) ;)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:02 pm

just a rumour but ive heard he is waiting to hear from West Ham this week in regard to whether they will offer him a new deal. He's not that hopeful and is very keen to come back!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Its very understandable that we get Danny Gabbidon rumours, he is often in Cardiff and sometimes seen at our stadium...he is big mates with Scott Young...If you sat in reception day after day no doubt other players, agents, managers would pass through at one time or another and if they are seen and the transfer window is open...then that is where some specualtion could start...all good fun...saying all of that, nothing suggests that he will not sign, anything is possible at City...Bellamy, Koumas and Ramsey...this time last year people would have thought you were a mental case if you said all 3 would sign for City this season....the sadest part for me is the demise of Koumas, a once great player for us.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 pm

corky wrote:....the sadest part for me is the demise of Koumas, a once great player for us.

I certainly agree with that :( :ayatollah: I would still love him to prove me wrong but I just can't see him getting anywhere near that level again. A game changer and simply unplayable at times during that 1st season :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:48 pm

I remember meeting his mother whilst collecting some complimentry tickets to cardiff v millwall in ninian park, nice woman!