Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Andy Gray, Richard Keys, I'll Get Shot Down For This, But:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Didn't ought to be allowed to be associated with sky sports again. Both no doubt highly paid doing a 'job' that many of us would do for nothing. Sky owe it to themselves to ensure they make the right move rather than just a one game ban, failure to make such a move would give them reams of bad press, whilst displaying a lack of respect to diversity within sport. I dont think I'm being overly PC, I just believe that they both showed an utter lack of respect, showing their true colours and stupid to be even mentioning such words whilst working, mics on or off.

They have been caught out and I dont think we'll hear them again.

Re: Andy Gray, Richard Keys, I'll Get Shot Down For This, But:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Blown out of all proportion, sayvsorry then just get on with it, we've all said things off the cuff we shouldn't, football whether we like to admit it or not is still very match a mans game, if more women officiated it would soon become the norm....as for karen brady, shes more than capable of looking after herself

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:Didn't ought to be allowed to be associated with sky sports again. Both no doubt highly paid doing a 'job' that many of us would do for nothing. Sky owe it to themselves to ensure they make the right move rather than just a one game ban, failure to make such a move would give them reams of bad press, whilst displaying a lack of respect to diversity within sport. I dont think I'm being overly PC, I just believe that they both showed an utter lack of respect, showing their true colours and stupid to be even mentioning such words whilst working, mics on or off.

haha corse we will, they wont lose there jobs over this. i thought it was quite funny and these jokes are so common about women and the off side rule !!

tbf she had a good game but still, two die hard footie fans, having some banter, meh good times !!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:13 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Blown out of all proportion, sayvsorry then just get on with it, we've all said things off the cuff we shouldn't, football whether we like to admit it or not is still very match a mans game, if more women officiated it would soon become the norm....as for karen brady, shes more than capable of looking after herself

No such thing as 'blown out of all proportion' with this type of thing in todays 'touchy' society. They have been unprofessional and I will very surprised if Sky use either again.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:13 pm

bollocks. they said the same as hundreds of thousands of blokes round the country when they saw that female 'linesman'.

Equal opportunties and everything. I know what - a quota. Each club must have at least 3 women in the starting 11.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:14 pm

i think the pair of them believe in themselves way to much ...andy gray was a good player but makes out and talks like he was one of the worlds greatest...i mean anyone can do what he does with plenty of replays and his machines and as for keys well hes just a tit in my opinion someone who will never give up the job hes got and as a presenter all he does is suck up to his guests and is never controversial he seems to me to be right up his own arse ,i mean he came from breakfast tv !!!!!....the worst part of all this is that they slag the girl off yet she got it right !!!...like i said i think they think there bigger stars than what they are.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:14 pm

its just got blown up but they are at fault, fact if u look at the goal she got it spot on to be fair to her, slap on wrist they will get

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:Didn't ought to be allowed to be associated with sky sports again. Both no doubt highly paid doing a 'job' that many of us would do for nothing. Sky owe it to themselves to ensure they make the right move rather than just a one game ban, failure to make such a move would give them reams of bad press, whilst displaying a lack of respect to diversity within sport. I dont think I'm being overly PC, I just believe that they both showed an utter lack of respect, showing their true colours and stupid to be even mentioning such words whilst working, mics on or off.

haha corse we will, they wont lose there jobs over this. i thought it was quite funny and these jokes are so common about women and the off side rule !!

tbf she had a good game but still, two die hard footie fans, having some banter, meh good times !!

Amusing down the pub or anywhere off air, perhaps to some but whilst suited up working in the media, no way. What a pair of goons

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:18 pm

d20 wrote:i think the pair of them believe in themselves way to much ...andy gray was a good player but makes out and talks like he was one of the worlds greatest...i mean anyone can do what he does with plenty of replays and his machines and as for keys well hes just a tit in my opinion someone who will never give up the job hes got and as a presenter all he does is suck up to his guests and is never controversial he seems to me to be right up his own arse ,i mean he came from breakfast tv !!!!!....the worst part of all this is that they slag the girl off yet she got it right !!!...like i said i think they think there bigger stars than what they are.

Always said the same about Gray, up his own arse. He talks like he was the greatest. Give me Huw John anyday.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:19 pm

they both stood down from 2nites game so bbc just said :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:19 pm

They are only human, How many of us said the same about the woman linesman we have had down the City? I know I have.
They made a mistake that should be the end of it, Very funny tho. :D

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:20 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:they both stood down from 2nites game so bbc just said :ayatollah:

That's why I started this thread.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:25 pm

There was a female linesman at CCS not so long ago and I thought she did a good job.

On a lighter note why do blokes slag off women when they are not around to hear it? We had Gordon Brown during the election and now Richard Keys/Andy Gray. :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Thing that annoys me about sexism, women use it when it suits them.....if you take a bird out for a meal, men are expected to pay, you see how long it lasts if you tell her we'll split the bill. If a bloke hits you, you hit them back. If a woman hits you, your not allowed to do anything.....bollox everyone should be treated the same (nearly everyone) Keys and gray are wrong, dont make a big issue of it, far worse happening in the world

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:35 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Thing that annoys me about sexism, women use it when it suits them.....if you take a bird out for a meal, men are expected to pay, you see how long it lasts if you tell her we'll split the bill. If a bloke hits you, you hit them back. If a woman hits you, your not allowed to do anything.....bollox everyone should be treated the same (nearly everyone) Keys and gray are wrong, dont make a big issue of it, far worse happening in the world

The fear is mate that I think sky will HAVE to make a big issue of it to retain credibility, there are too many waiting to jump on the bandwagon if they dont, and failure to act professionally may well affect them commercially, which is why I dont think we'll see or hear them again. Sky is a lot bigger than Gray and Keys, they'll want to stay like that.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:37 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Thing that annoys me about sexism, women use it when it suits them.....if you take a bird out for a meal, men are expected to pay, you see how long it lasts if you tell her we'll split the bill. If a bloke hits you, you hit them back. If a woman hits you, your not allowed to do anything.....bollox everyone should be treated the same (nearly everyone) Keys and gray are wrong, dont make a big issue of it, far worse happening in the world

Ron Atkinson was sacked for racist comments about Marcel Desailly (who is a man), so why should bigoted comments about women be ignored?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Ron Atkinson was sacked for racist comments about Marcel Desailly (who is a man), so why should bigoted comments about women be ignored?

Exactly. I didn't think they were as 'rude' as this. I will now be amazed if they come back:

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&xhr=t&q= ... f2a53dd77f

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:54 pm

this is another result of political correctness gone mad!!!!! They didnt say it on live tv and therefore didnt set out to offend anyone! Give them a slap on the wrist and let them get on with their lives!! If they lose their jobs it would be another victory for the crazy liberal left!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Ever seen loose women, if keys and gray are sacked then all of that show should be hung. All they do is slag off men on mic on live tv!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Sexism is just as bad as racism. Ron Atkinson was sacked for off air racist comments. So why shouldn't they be sacked?

But as a woman, I know sexism won't ever be taken seriously. People will always think its ok. And unfortunately I don't think there's a way that will change it.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Ron atkinson said it whenhe was still being filmed and the nation heard it right before a advert!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:10 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Ron atkinson said it whenhe was still being filmed and the nation heard it right before a advert!

And? He still said it!! By your argumement he didnt mean to offend anyone so he should have been left off. Whether it was caught on TV or not.

If a politician said it he would be sacked and whats more, you'd be calling for his head. So what is the difference?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:16 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Ron atkinson said it whenhe was still being filmed and the nation heard it right before a advert!

And? He still said it!! By your argumement he didnt mean to offend anyone so he should have been left off. Whether it was caught on TV or not.

If a politician said it he would be sacked and whats more, you'd be calling for his head. So what is the difference?

I would not call for someones head if they said something off the cuff at all, so dont presume to know me! Secondly i just said big ron said it on air, didnt say what he deserved. Name me one person who hasnt said something without thinking that could land them in trouble. If you read my previous posts i actually said they are wrong but if there were more women in the game it would be less of an issue

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:

I would not call for someones head if they said something off the cuff at all, so dont presume to know me! Secondly i just said big ron said it on air, didnt say what he deserved. Name me one person who hasnt said something without thinking that could land them in trouble. If you read my previous posts i actually said they are wrong but if there were more women in the game it would be less of an issue

Yet on another thread you say 'burn the witches' in reference to women at football games.....

So is it fair to say you think that people who have said highly offensive things in public should not be punished :?: Or am I wrong :?:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:28 pm

I don't think they should be sacked, but I think they should be suspended until they've both been on a diversity training course. They can then apologise on air, acknowledging their mistakes.

They'd also have to expect to be on final warnings....

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:28 pm

the burn the wiches comment, as you well know was aimed at the ridiculous notion that women are to blame for the bad atmoshpere at CCS and was very tongue in cheek :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34019

I think Big ron had to go, you can't say "nigger" on live TV as its a very derogatory term.....saying about karen brady "come on love" is hardly the same, and neither is saying women dont know the offside rule. If they had called karen brady a slut or something similar, even though they would be right :D , they would probably have to go aswell.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:10 pm

and the ref was spot on

http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/01/24/sk ... ootball%2F