Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gethin Jenkins - read this!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Next home game. Mass walk out with ten minutes to go.
It will cause bedlam. The moaning bastards who grass lads
up to the stewards cant say nowt if people are leaving the
ground. They wont be able to see a bloody thing!!
The stewards cant stop people leaving the ground.

Imagine the Canton and half the Ninian walking out!!

We'll only have to do it once. We will have a spokesman for
the press (usual suspects) who can ask why its 'safe' for the
away fans and/or the Canton to stand and not the Ninian!!!

TG and VT will flip. The players all know we are behind them
and we are only protesting because we WANT to make more
noise and atmosphere for them.

Standing up and singing does not a hooligan make!!!

Re: Gethin Jenkins - read this!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:30 pm

dunno how this appeared twice. sorry folks

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:23 pm

i stood for most of the last game and wasnt asked to sit.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:26 pm

I've stood at every home game since we been in this ground and never been asked to sit.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:35 am

Canton 105
I have not sat in my seat once since the stadium opened. :ayatollah:

(apart from the last penalty against Leicester when I couldnt take any more!)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:46 am

theres usually a mass walk out 10mins to anyway :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:57 am

some people in the ninian stand actually like sitting down, me for one! .... fook standing up when you can sit down! .... when we first got our season tickets for the new stadium we were told that the canton would be more relaxed and that the ninian would be a sit down area! .... did you not hear that? i did and thats why i sit there! .... as for some people saying "you cant sit down and sing" , what a load of old bollox, elton john, phil collins and stevie wonder have made millions sat on their arses!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:37 am

AHERNE wrote:some people in the ninian stand actually like sitting down, me for one! .... fook standing up when you can sit down! .... when we first got our season tickets for the new stadium we were told that the canton would be more relaxed and that the ninian would be a sit down area! .... did you not hear that? i did and thats why i sit there! .... as for some people saying "you cant sit down and sing" , what a load of old bollox, elton john, phil collins and stevie wonder have made millions sat on their arses!

And quite a lot want to stand.

Where do you propose everyone from the Ninian that wish to sing go? There will be nowhere near enough room in the Canton, especially obvious considering the yellow shirts were bullying people there as well.

Surely as paying and devoted fans, WE have a right to have our voices heard and wishes met, just like you. Some people amongst our fanbase are trying to paint people like me as a bloody criminal just for trying to stand and make an atmosphere, and I'm sick of it. The crime of supporting my team :roll:

An on an aside, you list three singers with the wrong kind of voice for singing football songs - pavaorotti, bryn terfel, are more like it - they don't sit down.

P.S. Would ANYONE in their right mind purchase a ticket in the section NEXT to the away fans, and expect everyone to sit down and be all pacified. The stewards will say their might be disabled people behind, but press enough and you'll find they're lying. The CLUB are telling them to enforce these rules now. And they say they care :evil:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
AHERNE wrote:some people in the ninian stand actually like sitting down, me for one! .... fook standing up when you can sit down! .... when we first got our season tickets for the new stadium we were told that the canton would be more relaxed and that the ninian would be a sit down area! .... did you not hear that? i did and thats why i sit there! .... as for some people saying "you cant sit down and sing" , what a load of old bollox, elton john, phil collins and stevie wonder have made millions sat on their arses!

And quite a lot want to stand.

Where do you propose everyone from the Ninian that wish to sing go? There will be nowhere near enough room in the Canton, especially obvious considering the yellow shirts were bullying people there as well.

Surely as paying and devoted fans, WE have a right to have our voices heard and wishes met, just like you. Some people amongst our fanbase are trying to paint people like me as a bloody criminal just for trying to stand and make an atmosphere, and I'm sick of it. The crime of supporting my team :roll:

An on an aside, you list three singers with the wrong kind of voice for singing football songs - pavaorotti, bryn terfel, are more like it - they don't sit down.

P.S. Would ANYONE in their right mind purchase a ticket in the section NEXT to the away fans, and expect everyone to sit down and be all pacified. The stewards will say their might be disabled people behind, but press enough and you'll find they're lying. The CLUB are telling them to enforce these rules now. And they say they care :evil:

but whats the point in gethin jenkins getting involved! he hasnt made up these rules for sitting down! ... its the law! .... its also the law not to smoke in the ground but people still do in the toilets! .... whats up with people mun! ... write to your mp or the football association NOT gethin jenkins cause he cant do anything about it!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 am

Yeah, it's not fair on people who prefer to sit.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:52 am

I remember Northampton away, playoff game.

Guy near me asked people to sit down, he couldn't see the game.

Got abused, called a "part time fan", that he should "f*** off and stand".

The guy was a pensioner with a stick.

But hey, some neanderthals believed they've more right to stand and block his view than anything else...

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:10 am

nerd wrote:I remember Northampton away, playoff game.

Guy near me asked people to sit down, he couldn't see the game.

Got abused, called a "part time fan", that he should "f*** off and stand".

The guy was a pensioner with a stick.

But hey, some neanderthals believed they've more right to stand and block his view than anything else...

It is not a black and white situation, please don't try to paint it as such