Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHRIS BURKE

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:36 pm

Unfortunately I think its Chris Burke that will be leaving.

It makes more sense with him leaving to "go north". Personally I think if he wasn't in the situation that he is in (family issues) then he wouldnt have signed a new contract by now.

If it is Burke then what a great Bluebird you have been. You will be missed but never forgotten and maybe someday we will see you back!

"that boy chris buuurke....."

Re: CHRIS BURKE

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:38 pm

Whilst I would rather we kept him, I do feel he was always a bit over rated. Makes sense its him, what with us trying for Routledge and him not starting yesterday

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:40 pm

could be,,,, but didnt i hear that sunderland put a good bid in for jay?
and i havent heard of teams putting in a bid for burke?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by SA17 Bluebird » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 pm

It makes more sense with him leaving to "go north". Personally I think if he wasn't in the situation that he is in (family issues) then he wouldnt have signed a new contract by now.

here we go agin chris burke has NO family issues and he has never been married

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:41 pm

i reckon DJ still hasnt given up on getting Loovens, so trying to use Burkey as a makeweight for him.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:48 pm

ninianblue wrote:could be,,,, but didnt i hear that sunderland put a good bid in for jay?
and i havent heard of teams putting in a bid for burke?

Apparently Sunderland in negotiations with Stoke over Fuller.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:55 pm

ccfc1 wrote:Post by SA17 Bluebird » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I'm only going on what has been reported in the past. He has kids though?

I hope your right mate as I think he will be a big loss.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Mike_Blue wrote:Whilst I would rather we kept him, I do feel he was always a bit over rated. Makes sense its him, what with us trying for Routledge and him not starting yesterday

hmmm with routledge at QPR now, my guess would be if burke left we are getting a winger in return

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:40 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
ccfc1 wrote:Post by SA17 Bluebird » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I'm only going on what has been reported in the past. He has kids though?

I hope your right mate as I think he will be a big loss.

He has at least 1 child and I know he had access problems in the past with his ex but I also beleive it was all sorted for the better last year and was one of the reasons he made himself available for Scotland again.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:17 am

i`d be absolutely gutted if chris burke was to go! the guy is an outstanding player! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 am

The thing that may tip the balance with Burkey is that as well as him wanting to be closer to his kid he won't now be in the first XI.

The four in midfield will be Bellers, Oli, Whitts/Rambo, JET. Given that Burkey is out of contract in the summer if we can get money for him now then we should do so.

He's been a great player for us and brightened up many a Saturday afternoon for me but maybe the time is right because I honestly don't think he hasthe out and out pace for the Prem if we were to get there.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:00 am

HE has already said 3/4 days ago he wants to stay at Cardiff .