Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SUNDAY 23rd JANUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:19 pm

great update

burke going

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 pm

I think I heard who is going and to which club but if it involves an exchange Carl is right to keep it quiet...hope there is a sell on clause...

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:30 pm

Corky has spoken.
Has to be Matthews then to Man Ure.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:33 pm

:D :D :D :D It would be a pure guess mate if I got it right based on things I hear...I really have no idea.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 pm

corky wrote::D :D :D :D It would be a pure guess mate if I got it right based on things I hear...I really have no idea.

;) ;) ;) ;)

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:45 pm

corky wrote:I think I heard who is going and to which club but if it involves an exchange Carl is right to keep it quiet...hope there is a sell on clause...

sell on clause? must be a youngster - Matthews it is :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:59 pm

im glad the club will be looking at the atmosphere :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:39 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
corky wrote:I think I heard who is going and to which club but if it involves an exchange Carl is right to keep it quiet...hope there is a sell on clause...

:lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:12 am

Well as inspector Clouseau would say, "let`s examine the facts".
Comments by those who know.
Player being sold = Personally I am disappointed for a number of reasons which will become clearer in the next few days. For the player I can understand why though, sorry to be vague.

Player being sold DJ Ready to sell one of our Future Stars again

Player being sold DJ Does not like him in My Opinion, The player should not go and will get better and better if DJ Backed the lad, there you go My Opinion, I Dont want him to go, but many prob wont care

Player being bought Yes mate I would be happy if he came

Player being sold I will be Fuming, But a lot of fans wont care in my opinion

So there you have it !!!
My guess : Matthews being sold and who knows being bought as part of the deal.

NOT NOW CATO YOU FOOL :o ;) :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:21 am

Cheers Carl for your updates.....as an exile i think they are so good...i do not get any news wether it´s good or bad...true or false here.. always looking for your updates...thanks for eveything..but at least the majority of the irish here in cologne are now cardiff city fans as opposed to scousers or man u

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:35 am

carlccfc wrote:Annis I reckon we should not name players anymore but just hint, it creates more debate :lol:

Its a quickfire fire way, to create debate, whilst also getting Terry Phillips the hint to get his own contacts

Anyways, Great read, fantastic with our Marketing guy and the House of Sport and donating the Playstations
massive thanks to him, in building up the club

and for the clu to address comments from this board

Cant wait to hear more

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

:lol:

Matthews to Everton I reckon. Jay will be off in the summer so could be another chance for Vaughan?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:57 am

It's got to be Chris Burke who's going to be sold. He's gone from being first choice to coming on around half way through the second half of most games. His family live up north as well. I'd be dissapointed to see him go if it is him, absolutley love the player. I don't think it's Bothroyd who's on his way, he seems to love the club and constantly posts on twitter saying how he wants to take us to the premiership.

Cheers for the update Carl. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:59 am

2 + 2 = 5 :lol: :lol: :lol: We'll find out soon enough, just chill out. :old:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:13 am

BigGwynram wrote:2 + 2 = 5 :lol: :lol: :lol: We'll find out soon enough, just chill out. :old:

BigGwyn has dropped a criptic clue me thinks :idea: 2 + 2 = 5

Hudson's squad number is 5.......

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 am

Thanks Carl :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:40 am

so Matthews to Man Utd as a makeweight for a player coming in, hmmm - so someone outside the first 25 in their squad - that narrows it down because a lot of their first team squad outside the 25 are already out on loan. Nobody stands out there that we could afford. I would like Gibson - cant afford him, Obertan - cant afford him, Bebe, cant afford him all these are unlikely to drop down a division. The only one who fits the profile to me and who may be surplus to requirement when the 25 man squad is announced is, A player full of experience, coming to the end of his carreer, suffered with injuries, would be a high wage, which we already know the malaysians are ok with. He has a mutual love for horses so would suit Dave Jones down to the ground. This will really piss off the rest of our division, they don't like us signing all these galacticos. Who am I talking about - Michael Owen, just an educated guess. Am I getting warm Annis :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:47 am

I know it was meant as a joke, but didn;t someone post on here recently that Hudson wasn't at training one day because he was visiting Ledley with his family in Glasgow. I hope that is me making 2+2 = 5 :shock:

Saying that, Matthews wasn't in the squad for Saturday was he :? :?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:47 am

ihatealiens wrote:so Matthews to Man Utd as a makeweight for a player coming in, hmmm - so someone outside the first 25 in their squad - that narrows it down because a lot of their first team squad outside the 25 are already out on loan. Nobody stands out there that we could afford. I would like Gibson - cant afford him, Obertan - cant afford him, Bebe, cant afford him all these are unlikely to drop down a division. The only one who fits the profile to me and who may be surplus to requirement when the 25 man squad is announced is, A player full of experience, coming to the end of his carreer, suffered with injuries, would be a high wage, which we already know the malaysians are ok with. He has a mutual love for horses so would suit Dave Jones down to the ground. This will really piss off the rest of our division, they don't like us signing all these galacticos. Who am I talking about - Michael Owen, just an educated guess. Am I getting warm Annis :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wes Brown :o

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 am

Bowmonster wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:so Matthews to Man Utd as a makeweight for a player coming in, hmmm - so someone outside the first 25 in their squad - that narrows it down because a lot of their first team squad outside the 25 are already out on loan. Nobody stands out there that we could afford. I would like Gibson - cant afford him, Obertan - cant afford him, Bebe, cant afford him all these are unlikely to drop down a division. The only one who fits the profile to me and who may be surplus to requirement when the 25 man squad is announced is, A player full of experience, coming to the end of his carreer, suffered with injuries, would be a high wage, which we already know the malaysians are ok with. He has a mutual love for horses so would suit Dave Jones down to the ground. This will really piss off the rest of our division, they don't like us signing all these galacticos. Who am I talking about - Michael Owen, just an educated guess. Am I getting warm Annis :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wes Brown :o

Couldnt afford him, too good to drop down to our division.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:55 am

Cheers Carl.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:03 am

Chops would like Michael owen, he may give him a few tips for the gee gees :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:11 pm

I think it is very responsible of Carl not to name the names of transfer targets and those on our team sheets. We can still have lots of fun second guessing who may be coming or going but we're not giving anything away to our opponents. Well done Carl. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:23 pm

carlccfc wrote:Sam Hammam and TG met in Lebanon on Monday and TG stayed at Sam's home as a guest on Monday evening. The meeting was friendly and very positive and there is another meeting planned which will also include Vincent Tan. I understand that TG and Sam talk regularly on the phone now and Sam has been ' helping out ' with certain footballing matters and advising TG on many subjects also.

Sam Hammam tells me how passionate TG is about the club and that TG has fallen in love with our club. Both parties are confident that they can come to an agreement soon and it is both sides intentions to come to a resolution as soon as possible. Sam Hammam reassured me that any talk of administration is wide of the mark and that it is not an option for either side to allow that to happen. Personally I have never considered the thought of administration in recent months but apparently both Langston and the Club have ' heard these concerns of fans '.

Aaron Wildig will be heading out on loan tomorrow to further his development. Our coaching staff and academy coaches believe in Aaron and Scott Young believes that Aaron Wildig has the qualities to go on and play for a club in the top half of the Premiership, hopefully Aaron will continue his development and his time in the Premiership will be with City.

Jay Bothroyd spoke with Newcastle and there was an offer made, which was part cash and involved a player heading South, Nile Ranger. City, turned the deal down and have yet to receive a bid that they deem acceptable for Jay.

The deal to try and bring Wayne Routledge back to Cardiff became a problem as Newcastle had guarantees off QPR that they will buy him for the £2million at the end of the season , I am told that QPR will buy Routledge regardless of them gaining promotion, City could not make the guarantee of paying the full amount in one payment. It was not the valuation we could not agree but how the figure would be paid and more importantly when !

The Aaron Ramsey loan deal is for one month initially but as DJ has stated elsewhere the club are hopeful that the deal will continue to the end of the season.

I am pleased to say that the forms for the upcoming season ticket sales are with the club's printers and through a suggestion on this forum there will be a check box where fans can contribute to the Fred Keenor statue appeal. It was suggested by The Loovenator many months ago :

by The Loovenator » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Need to speak to the club and piggyback the next lot of season ticket sales - ask them to include a section to donate £2 to the fund, if you're already forking out a few hundred whats another couple? Just to include a tickbox would be dead easy.

If only one in every 5 do it you'd still get approx £7000 which is a massive way to getting the funds needed.

Also more ideas such as having a sponsor for the statue (although some may see this as devaluing it it'd mean £££ is raised, £5,000 to sponsor the statue? Why not.

There's my suggestions anyway.

Taken from this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23185&p=219858#p219858

Superb that the club have supported this idea and I am sure it will deliver the amount required to get the statue built.

The club realises there is an ongoing problem with the condition of the pitch, they certainly need the lighting rigs on it to ensure the pitch receives the necessary treatment it requires but as I have said previously at a cost of £300k and a waiting time of 3 months, I cannot see how it will change this season.

We can only hope that the money is in place this summer to fund the lighting, I did not realise how bad it was until I sat in the Ninian Stand on Tuesday, from my seat in the family stand it does not look anywhere near as bad as it actually is and I was stunned to be truthful at the state of it.

I am told that our pitch is not of the same quality as other dual sport pitches and that the fibres used to knit together with the grass were not as high a standard as those laid at the Liberty Stadium, another example of the previous regime cost cutting.

I have spoken about Mike Young on this board before and how he working closely with the club on the marketing side, I can tell you that the stage underneath the family stand and the sony playstation consoles were provided and paid for by Mike Young.

Also when Mike Young took two City officials to a game at the LA Galaxy, I am told that the club officials noted that there were signs in certain parts of the ground where supporters were warned that in this section there is likely to be singing and the possibility of fans standing up for periods of time. I am led to believe that the club went there to gain a better understanding of the whole match day experience and the atmosphere was a subject that our club officials are looking to address.

In a meeting I attended on Thursday which included Gethin Jenkins, the subject was brought up about the lack of atmosphere and Gethin said he is aware of the thread on this forum and had been reading through the replies, it is good to hear that the Chief Executive is taking note of the thoughts and opinions of the fans.

We also learned that before each Saturday home game the House of Sport will be made available to use for children to have a kick about and the club plans to put some coaches in there to teach the kids some tricks , this will be free and another great idea to enhance the match day experience for our fans of now and the future.

My sources tell me that a player has been lined up to be sold and that the club he is heading too is up north. I have been told the player and the club he will go to, which will happen this week, but as the club hope to use the player in making him a make weight in a deal for one of their players, I have decided not to disclose the name or club. You will hear about it soon enough anyway.

I have had some interesting meetings with the club recently and plan on working closer with them and I have taken on board constructive criticisms from supporters about some of my updates and in particular some of the content, so therefore I will be more cautious about what and when I write certain things, as many will have noted when I put out some team news this week but did not name the full team but still someone said to me in the Ninian Park Pub on Saturday " I thought you were not allowed to tell people the team and here you are again telling everyone the full team ", my response " I can't see Malky Mackay in here, can you ? ".

Also Your Support would be very much appreciated
Link

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33684 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl

When Sam gave you his report on his meeting with TG , did he say what the football matters were that he says he has been "helping out" with or was it a general comment?

Also , on the season ticket front , the club are a bit further advanced than you thought as the leaflets have actually arrived (at least for Platinum Ambassadors).The contribution box allows people to contribute any sum they wish with a suggestion of £2 but I personally think the typeface is a bit small and some may miss the fact it is on there - still a great idea though.If you`ve received yours , what do you think?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:28 pm

The Malaysians have got SH in their pocket.

SH's debt is I understand, unsecured. The club have a defence as stated by the Judge - not guaranteed to be succesful but it has a "realistic prospect of success" as otherwise SH would have got summary judgment last time around.

A case, defended as it would probably be, would take 1-2 years to come to trial. Would SH want to wait that long, and spend all that money on fat cat lawyers?

SH would do well to negotiate a few quid to just walk away. Might get nothing if he takes on the club, and god forbid we start sliding down the leagues.

Just my view.

Thanks for the updates Carl- right or wrong they certainly engender debate and intrigue.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:Sam Hammam and TG met in Lebanon on Monday and TG stayed at Sam's home as a guest on Monday evening. The meeting was friendly and very positive and there is another meeting planned which will also include Vincent Tan. I understand that TG and Sam talk regularly on the phone now and Sam has been ' helping out ' with certain footballing matters and advising TG on many subjects also.

Sam Hammam tells me how passionate TG is about the club and that TG has fallen in love with our club. Both parties are confident that they can come to an agreement soon and it is both sides intentions to come to a resolution as soon as possible. Sam Hammam reassured me that any talk of administration is wide of the mark and that it is not an option for either side to allow that to happen. Personally I have never considered the thought of administration in recent months but apparently both Langston and the Club have ' heard these concerns of fans '.

Aaron Wildig will be heading out on loan tomorrow to further his development. Our coaching staff and academy coaches believe in Aaron and Scott Young believes that Aaron Wildig has the qualities to go on and play for a club in the top half of the Premiership, hopefully Aaron will continue his development and his time in the Premiership will be with City.

Jay Bothroyd spoke with Newcastle and there was an offer made, which was part cash and involved a player heading South, Nile Ranger. City, turned the deal down and have yet to receive a bid that they deem acceptable for Jay.

The deal to try and bring Wayne Routledge back to Cardiff became a problem as Newcastle had guarantees off QPR that they will buy him for the £2million at the end of the season , I am told that QPR will buy Routledge regardless of them gaining promotion, City could not make the guarantee of paying the full amount in one payment. It was not the valuation we could not agree but how the figure would be paid and more importantly when !

The Aaron Ramsey loan deal is for one month initially but as DJ has stated elsewhere the club are hopeful that the deal will continue to the end of the season.

I am pleased to say that the forms for the upcoming season ticket sales are with the club's printers and through a suggestion on this forum there will be a check box where fans can contribute to the Fred Keenor statue appeal. It was suggested by The Loovenator many months ago :

Need to speak to the club and piggyback the next lot of season ticket sales - ask them to include a section to donate £2 to the fund, if you're already forking out a few hundred whats another couple? Just to include a tickbox would be dead easy.

If only one in every 5 do it you'd still get approx £7000 which is a massive way to getting the funds needed.

Also more ideas such as having a sponsor for the statue (although some may see this as devaluing it it'd mean £££ is raised, £5,000 to sponsor the statue? Why not.

Superb that the club have supported this idea and I am sure it will deliver the amount required to get the statue built.

The club realises there is an ongoing problem with the condition of the pitch, they certainly need the lighting rigs on it to ensure the pitch receives the necessary treatment it requires but as I have said previously at a cost of £300k and a waiting time of 3 months, I cannot see how it will change this season.

We can only hope that the money is in place this summer to fund the lighting, I did not realise how bad it was until I sat in the Ninian Stand on Tuesday, from my seat in the family stand it does not look anywhere near as bad as it actually is and I was stunned to be truthful at the state of it.

I am told that our pitch is not of the same quality as other dual sport pitches and that the fibres used to knit together with the grass were not as high a standard as those laid at the Liberty Stadium, another example of the previous regime cost cutting.

I have spoken about Mike Young on this board before and how he working closely with the club on the marketing side, I can tell you that the stage underneath the family stand and the sony playstation consoles were provided and paid for by Mike Young.

Also when Mike Young took two City officials to a game at the LA Galaxy, I am told that the club officials noted that there were signs in certain parts of the ground where supporters were warned that in this section there is likely to be singing and the possibility of fans standing up for periods of time. I am led to believe that the club went there to gain a better understanding of the whole match day experience and the atmosphere was a subject that our club officials are looking to address.

In a meeting I attended on Thursday which included Gethin Jenkins, the subject was brought up about the lack of atmosphere and Gethin said he is aware of the thread on this forum and had been reading through the replies, it is good to hear that the Chief Executive is taking note of the thoughts and opinions of the fans.

We also learned that before each Saturday home game the House of Sport will be made available to use for children to have a kick about and the club plans to put some coaches in there to teach the kids some tricks , this will be free and another great idea to enhance the match day experience for our fans of now and the future.

My sources tell me that a player has been lined up to be sold and that the club he is heading too is up north. I have been told the player and the club he will go to, which will happen this week, but as the club hope to use the player in making him a make weight in a deal for one of their players, I have decided not to disclose the name or club. You will hear about it soon enough anyway.

I have had some interesting meetings with the club recently and plan on working closer with them and I have taken on board constructive criticisms from supporters about some of my updates and in particular some of the content, so therefore I will be more cautious about what and when I write certain things, as many will have noted when I put out some team news this week but did not name the full team but still someone said to me in the Ninian Park Pub on Saturday " I thought you were not allowed to tell people the team and here you are again telling everyone the full team ", my response " I can't see Malky Mackay in here, can you ? ".

Link

Carl

You may have missed my question in such a long thread , or I may have missed your answer for the same reason ,but what" advice on many matters" did Sam tell you he had provided to TG? And what exactly did he say he had been "helping out" on on the footballing side?

Keith

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:56 pm

Link

Carl

What IS this advice and assistance that Sam has been giving? You say it is both football related and on many other subjects.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:01 am

Keith,

Carl is putting it in His update This Weekend :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:54 am

It`s all gone quiet over here !!
Just a feeling that we may have come to the end of our transfer activity in and out for this transfer window.
Good news we are keeping Jay & Burkie bad news I think we still need a LB and CM.
However I could be wrong ;)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Looking forward Carl To Tonights Update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: