Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SUNDAY 23rd JANUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:56 pm

The Loovenator wrote:Pleased for Wildig, hopefully enjoy his stint and come back a better player.

Great money making suggestion by the way...I want a bit of commission I think!!

Nice one Loovenator!! ;) Great idea! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Merlin wrote:Great work Carl, your liasing with the club is becoming ever stronger, and obviously a good link between club officials and fans. That can only be a good thing! Appreciate the time and effort you go to for being a spokesperson for us fans and a great correspondent for the club. Thanks for the read mate :ayatollah:

Craig, I Second that, GREAT THAT WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING and CAN WORK TOGETHER :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:59 pm

simon76 wrote:Great update, always keep us guessing!!
I reckon Jay going to Newcastle with Leon Best or possibly Joey Barton or maybe Danny Guthrie as the make-weight.
Then again he could be off to Sunderland but don't know who we'd have off those, maybe Titus Bramble???
Just have to wait and see!!!

Guthrie is woeful. Best is average at best. Barton is on 60K plus a week.

Bramble will be on around 30K aswell I'd say.

Cant see any of them happening mate.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Danny Guthrie used to live around the corner fron my sister in law in Shorpshire.His parents still live there.
I 'll get her to go around and ask if he's coming to us. :D
personaly i think it's a huge mistake to sell J ,unless we can get a better player in,which is unlikely.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:03 pm

CCFCBULL wrote:
I reckon Jay going to Newcastle with Leon Best or possibly Joey Barton or maybe Danny Guthrie as the make-weight.
Then again he could be off to Sunderland but don't know who we'd have off those, maybe Titus Bramble???

BELLAMY WAS/IS ON £90K PER WEEK AND HE'S HERE!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:04 pm

simon76 wrote:
CCFCBULL wrote:

ummmmmmmm yeh and? Not getting any less wages is he, Man City are paying it.

We are not going to be able to loan any of the players mentioned - so no subsidised wages!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Burke for loovens

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:05 pm

simon76 wrote:
CCFCBULL wrote:

And if you think NUFC would let Barton go, your mad.

Have you watched him play in the EPL. Behind Carrol, probably NUFC best player this term.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Burke for Bullard or oneill
Thanks Carl :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Annis I reckon we should not name players anymore but just hint, it creates more debate :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Merlin wrote:Great work Carl, your liasing with the club is becoming ever stronger, and obviously a good link between club officials and fans. That can only be a good thing! Appreciate the time and effort you go to for being a spokesperson for us fans and a great correspondent for the club. Thanks for the read mate :ayatollah:

Following on from this and assuming most of the update is ‘leaked’ from the club, I agree Carl is acting as a great link between the club and the fans. Starting to wonder what the club media department do as Carl is full filling that task, maybe it helps Dave Jones out as he doesn’t like talking to the local media. Really like reading the updates as they help us fans understand what is happening at the club, and helps with the whole transparency of the club.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:11 pm

carlccfc wrote:Annis I reckon we should not name players anymore but just hint, it creates more debate :lol:

now now carl thats not a good idea!! lol on a serious note i think the reason we get so many guests on here is because you name the players in the update!! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:Annis I reckon we should not name players anymore but just hint, it creates more debate :lol:

People will then complain that you are not releasing all the information you know, a no win situation :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:13 pm

ChrisB wrote:

Following on from this and assuming most of the update is ‘leaked’ from the club, I agree Carl is acting as a great link between the club and the fans. Starting to wonder what the club media department do as Carl is full filling that task, maybe it helps Dave Jones out as he doesn’t like talking to the local media. Really like reading the updates as they help us fans understand what is happening at the club, and helps with the whole transparency of the club.

Nice that Gethin clearly does not mind you posing information on the messageboard, keep up the good work and lets hope most importantly that this is our year.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:13 pm

one very valid point about chris burke that no one seems to know on here is that he has never been married simple

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:17 pm

"My sources tell me that a player has been lined up to be sold and that the club he is heading too is up north. I have been told the player and the club he will go to, which will happen this week, but as the club hope to use the player in making him a make weight in a deal for one of their players, "

All I want to know please is do you think the majority of fans will be happy with the deal :D :ayatollah:
as I do not think I can take any more bad news this week :( ?? I know we all have our favourite players.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:22 pm

iangibson wrote:"My sources tell me that a player has been lined up to be sold and that the club he is heading too is up north. I have been told the player and the club he will go to, which will happen this week, but as the club hope to use the player in making him a make weight in a deal for one of their players, "

All I want to know please is do you think the majority of fans will be happy with the deal :D :ayatollah:
as I do not think I can take any more bad news this week :( ?? I know we all have our favourite players.

Personally I am disappointed for a number of reasons which will become clearer in the next few days. For the player I can understand why though, sorry to be vague.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:24 pm

True :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:
iangibson wrote:"My sources tell me that a player has been lined up to be sold and that the club he is heading too is up north. I have been told the player and the club he will go to, which will happen this week, but as the club hope to use the player in making him a make weight in a deal for one of their players, "

Personally I am disappointed for a number of reasons which will become clearer in the next few days. For the player I can understand why though, sorry to be vague.

Got to be Burke????? "For the player I can understand why" Kids, ex-wife etc.

Carl you must have a laugh at all of us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:27 pm

cheers carl,and remember mate,you will never please all of the people all of the time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Rae to Leeds I reckon.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Great post as usual :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:29 pm

how many times chris burke is NOT and never has been married

brewer918 wrote:
davids wrote:Carl,

No need to name the player who's going.

Just give us the names of who it's not! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I hope it's not Bothroyd.

defo not bothroyd carl said in the update we havent had any other offers that the club feel are acceptable!! :ayatollah:

carl could you confirm where wildig is going?

Cheers for the update aswell!! :ayatollah:

Great detective work Brewer! :ayatollah:

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Got to be Burke????? "For the player I can understand why" Kids, ex-wife etc.

Carl you must have a laugh at all of us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agreed has to be Burke. Real shame if it is but can understand why he would want to go back up north.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:34 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Has to be Burke then.
If he's going to Scotland then it has to be to one of the Old Firm teams. He's too good for any other team.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 pm

Cheers carl you tease :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Just a thought, Gerrard could possibly make his loan move permanent as in my eyes he unlikely to get a game for us after his loan finishes. Not sure who we'd have off them mind. Possibly Bullard as we will probably be without JET and Bellamy next season.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Personally I think Whits is off :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Sounds ike Matthews to me......especially after his public humiliation post Ipswich, never given enough game time, obvious talent, soon to be out of contract.
Where is he going, if it's him, and who is coming this way ? Is it to a club up north which is not as big as expected (i.e. not Man Utd,etc), potentially relegation fodder (eg Wigan,Blackpool, etc) ?
Carl feels upset for a number of reasons, could these be they ?
Lots of questions, interesting times