Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SUNDAY 23rd JANUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Sam Hammam and TG met in Lebanon on Monday and TG stayed at Sam's home as a guest on Monday evening. The meeting was friendly and very positive and there is another meeting planned which will also include Vincent Tan. I understand that TG and Sam talk regularly on the phone now and Sam has been ' helping out ' with certain footballing matters and advising TG on many subjects also.

Sam Hammam tells me how passionate TG is about the club and that TG has fallen in love with our club. Both parties are confident that they can come to an agreement soon and it is both sides intentions to come to a resolution as soon as possible. Sam Hammam reassured me that any talk of administration is wide of the mark and that it is not an option for either side to allow that to happen. Personally I have never considered the thought of administration in recent months but apparently both Langston and the Club have ' heard these concerns of fans '.

Aaron Wildig will be heading out on loan tomorrow to further his development. Our coaching staff and academy coaches believe in Aaron and Scott Young believes that Aaron Wildig has the qualities to go on and play for a club in the top half of the Premiership, hopefully Aaron will continue his development and his time in the Premiership will be with City.

Jay Bothroyd spoke with Newcastle and there was an offer made, which was part cash and involved a player heading South, Nile Ranger. City, turned the deal down and have yet to receive a bid that they deem acceptable for Jay.

The deal to try and bring Wayne Routledge back to Cardiff became a problem as Newcastle had guarantees off QPR that they will buy him for the £2million at the end of the season , I am told that QPR will buy Routledge regardless of them gaining promotion, City could not make the guarantee of paying the full amount in one payment. It was not the valuation we could not agree but how the figure would be paid and more importantly when !

The Aaron Ramsey loan deal is for one month initially but as DJ has stated elsewhere the club are hopeful that the deal will continue to the end of the season.

I am pleased to say that the forms for the upcoming season ticket sales are with the club's printers and through a suggestion on this forum there will be a check box where fans can contribute to the Fred Keenor statue appeal. It was suggested by The Loovenator many months ago :

by The Loovenator » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Need to speak to the club and piggyback the next lot of season ticket sales - ask them to include a section to donate £2 to the fund, if you're already forking out a few hundred whats another couple? Just to include a tickbox would be dead easy.

If only one in every 5 do it you'd still get approx £7000 which is a massive way to getting the funds needed.

Also more ideas such as having a sponsor for the statue (although some may see this as devaluing it it'd mean £££ is raised, £5,000 to sponsor the statue? Why not.

There's my suggestions anyway.

Taken from this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23185&p=219858#p219858

Superb that the club have supported this idea and I am sure it will deliver the amount required to get the statue built.

The club realises there is an ongoing problem with the condition of the pitch, they certainly need the lighting rigs on it to ensure the pitch receives the necessary treatment it requires but as I have said previously at a cost of £300k and a waiting time of 3 months, I cannot see how it will change this season.

We can only hope that the money is in place this summer to fund the lighting, I did not realise how bad it was until I sat in the Ninian Stand on Tuesday, from my seat in the family stand it does not look anywhere near as bad as it actually is and I was stunned to be truthful at the state of it.

I am told that our pitch is not of the same quality as other dual sport pitches and that the fibres used to knit together with the grass were not as high a standard as those laid at the Liberty Stadium, another example of the previous regime cost cutting.

I have spoken about Mike Young on this board before and how he working closely with the club on the marketing side, I can tell you that the stage underneath the family stand and the sony playstation consoles were provided and paid for by Mike Young.

Also when Mike Young took two City officials to a game at the LA Galaxy, I am told that the club officials noted that there were signs in certain parts of the ground where supporters were warned that in this section there is likely to be singing and the possibility of fans standing up for periods of time. I am led to believe that the club went there to gain a better understanding of the whole match day experience and the atmosphere was a subject that our club officials are looking to address.

In a meeting I attended on Thursday which included Gethin Jenkins, the subject was brought up about the lack of atmosphere and Gethin said he is aware of the thread on this forum and had been reading through the replies, it is good to hear that the Chief Executive is taking note of the thoughts and opinions of the fans.

We also learned that before each Saturday home game the House of Sport will be made available to use for children to have a kick about and the club plans to put some coaches in there to teach the kids some tricks , this will be free and another great idea to enhance the match day experience for our fans of now and the future.

My sources tell me that a player has been lined up to be sold and that the club he is heading too is up north. I have been told the player and the club he will go to, which will happen this week, but as the club hope to use the player in making him a make weight in a deal for one of their players, I have decided not to disclose the name or club. You will hear about it soon enough anyway.

I have had some interesting meetings with the club recently and plan on working closer with them and I have taken on board constructive criticisms from supporters about some of my updates and in particular some of the content, so therefore I will be more cautious about what and when I write certain things, as many will have noted when I put out some team news this week but did not name the full team but still someone said to me in the Ninian Park Pub on Saturday " I thought you were not allowed to tell people the team and here you are again telling everyone the full team ", my response " I can't see Malky Mackay in here, can you ? ".

Also Your Support would be very much appreciated
Link

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33684 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " SUNDAY 23rd JANUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Cheers mate.

That player - for me got to be Burke heading north?

Swap for Conway?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:32 pm

interesting the player going up North, could be Chris Burke perhaps?

Great update btw, albeit a bit more cautious then usual. ;)

Cheers Burkey

#you've been a star :ayatollah:

burke or jay i think

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:33 pm

Cheers Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Carl, can you say what club Wildig in going out on loan to?
:ayatollah:

Any news of further signings? Any truth in the Gabbidon rumours? Cheers for the update Carl :ayatollah:

Fair enough but I think Annis needs to stop implying that there will be a "big" update if we aren't going to have names etc. Regarding transfers, we know next to nothing which I'm guessing is the reason so many people are on here waiting for the update. Just my thoughts though

interesting stuff

Great update-

Regarding the pitch i was at the side before the game yesterday. It was awful and needs sorting asap.

I'm assuming that Bothroyd is not the player to be sold. I suspect that it will be Burke-if not Matthews or Whitts.

Cummon Carl open up & name names

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great Update as per usual

Where is Wildig going?

nothing spectacular this time but cheers anyways, had a good read :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Brilliant....fair play, much appreciate the time and effort you put in to these! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great update Carl! This player that has been sold (or is very likely to be sold) is it one of our better players or one of our squad players? Or aren't we allowed to know?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Carl,

No need to name the player who's going.

Just give us the names of who it's not! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I hope it's not Bothroyd.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm

nice one fella :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Thanks very much Carl, Info is really appreciated. If Newcastle are coming back with a better deal i would be happy with Nile Ranger as part of the deal as i think he is a real prospect. :ayatollah:

If it is sunderland i think we would be getting Anton Ferdinand as part of the deal. :o but he is slightly better than Gypes i suppose. :D

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:37 pm

nice 1 carl. cant wait to see who the player we are going to sell is and who will be coming are way. opefully a defender. good to hear about gethin reading the message board. hopefully do something about the atmosphere! :ayatollah:

CCFCBULL wrote:Cheers mate.

That player - for me got to be Burke heading north?

Swap for Conway?

Swap for Conway? Hope not - thought he was valued at around £200,000? Burke's gotta be worth more than that?

Cheers Carl, always welcome your updates and yet another great one. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:38 pm

thanks carl, looks like jays off then?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:38 pm

thanks carl great update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: very interesting reading.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:39 pm

good update all positive look forward to news of transfer breaking well done carl :old:

cheers carl much appriciated as always.

but can you confirm that its out of burkey and jay???

ninianblue wrote:thanks carl, looks like jays off then?

not quite sure how you came to that conclusion?

carlccfc wrote:Sam Hammam and TG met in Lebanon on Monday and TG stayed at Sam's home as a guest on Monday evening. The meeting was friendly and very positive and there is another meeting planned which will also include Vincent Tan. I understand that TG and Sam talk regularly on the phone now and Sam has been ' helping out ' with certain footballing matters and advising TG on many subjects also.

Sam Hammam tells me how passionate TG is about the club and that TG has fallen in love with our club. Both parties are confident that they can come to an agreement soon and it is both sides intentions to come to a resolution as soon as possible. Sam Hammam reassured me that any talk of administration is wide of the mark and that it is not an option for either side to allow that to happen. Personally I have never considered the thought of administration in recent months but apparently both Langston and the Club have ' heard these concerns of fans '.

Aaron Wildig will be heading out on loan tomorrow to further his development. Our coaching staff and academy coaches believe in Aaron and Scott Young believes that Aaron Wildig has the qualities to go on and play for a club in the top half of the Premiership, hopefully Aaron will continue his development and his time in the Premiership will be with City.

Jay Bothroyd spoke with Newcastle and there was an offer made, which was part cash and involved a player heading South, Nile Ranger. City, turned the deal down and have yet to receive a bid that they deem acceptable for Jay.

The deal to try and bring Wayne Routledge back to Cardiff became a problem as Newcastle had guarantees off QPR that they will buy him for the £2million at the end of the season , I am told that QPR will buy Routledge regardless of them gaining promotion, City could not make the guarantee of paying the full amount in one payment. It was not the valuation we could not agree but how the figure would be paid and more importantly when !

The Aaron Ramsey loan deal is for one month initially but as DJ has stated elsewhere the club are hopeful that the deal will continue to the end of the season.

I am pleased to say that the forms for the upcoming season ticket sales are with the club's printers and through a suggestion on this forum there will be a check box where fans can contribute to the Fred Keenor statue appeal. It was suggested by The Loovenator many months ago :

by The Loovenator » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Need to speak to the club and piggyback the next lot of season ticket sales - ask them to include a section to donate £2 to the fund, if you're already forking out a few hundred whats another couple? Just to include a tickbox would be dead easy.

If only one in every 5 do it you'd still get approx £7000 which is a massive way to getting the funds needed.

Also more ideas such as having a sponsor for the statue (although some may see this as devaluing it it'd mean £££ is raised, £5,000 to sponsor the statue? Why not.

There's my suggestions anyway.

Taken from this thread http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 58#p219858

Superb that the club have supported this idea and I am sure it will deliver the amount required to get the statue built.

The club realises there is an ongoing problem with the condition of the pitch, they certainly need the lighting rigs on it to ensure the pitch receives the necessary treatment it requires but as I have said previously at a cost of £300k and a waiting time of 3 months, I cannot see how it will change this season.

We can only hope that the money is in place this summer to fund the lighting, I did not realise how bad it was until I sat in the Ninian Stand on Tuesday, from my seat in the family stand it does not look anywhere near as bad as it actually is and I was stunned to be truthful at the state of it.

I am told that our pitch is not of the same quality as other dual sport pitches and that the fibres used to knit together with the grass were not as high a standard as those laid at the Liberty Stadium, another example of the previous regime cost cutting.

I have spoken about Mike Young on this board before and how he working closely with the club on the marketing side, I can tell you that the stage underneath the family stand and the sony playstation consoles were provided and paid for by Mike Young.

Also when Mike Young took two City officials to a game at the LA Galaxy, I am told that the club officials noted that there were signs in certain parts of the ground where supporters were warned that in this section there is likely to be singing and the possibility of fans standing up for periods of time. I am led to believe that the club went there to gain a better understanding of the whole match day experience and the atmosphere was a subject that our club officials are looking to address.

In a meeting I attended on Thursday which included Gethin Jenkins, the subject was brought up about the lack of atmosphere and Gethin said he is aware of the thread on this forum and had been reading through the replies, it is good to hear that the Chief Executive is taking note of the thoughts and opinions of the fans.

We also learned that before each Saturday home game the House of Sport will be made available to use for children to have a kick about and the club plans to put some coaches in there to teach the kids some tricks , this will be free and another great idea to enhance the match day experience for our fans of now and the future.

My sources tell me that a player has been lined up to be sold and that the club he is heading too is up north. I have been told the player and the club he will go to, which will happen this week, but as the club hope to use the player in making him a make weight in a deal for one of their players, I have decided not to disclose the name or club. You will hear about it soon enough anyway.

I have had some interesting meetings with the club recently and plan on working closer with them and I have taken on board constructive criticisms from supporters about some of my updates and in particular some of the content, so therefore I will be more cautious about what and when I write certain things, as many will have noted when I put out some team news this week but did not name the full team but still someone said to me in the Ninian Park Pub on Saturday " I thought you were not allowed to tell people the team and here you are again telling everyone the full team ", my response " I can't see Malky Mackay in here, can you ? ".

Nice one Carl, I hope we keep Jay as I think he is the differnce between us playing in the Premiership or Championship next season, we simly can't afford to let him go.

Jay comes back against the most in form team of the Championship and we start to perform again and go three up in half an hour, you have to stay Jay :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebina on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Carl :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Fair enough but I think Annis needs to stop implying that there will be a "big" update if we aren't going to have names etc. Regarding transfers, we know next to nothing which I'm guessing is the reason so many people are on here waiting for the update. Just my thoughts though

Carl decided not to put the name out and I Respected his Wishes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: