Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just heard from my source at the CCS

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:05 pm

That we are in for Bebe, of Manchester United. 6 month loan deal on the cards, make of that what you will

Re: Just heard from my source at the CCS

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Sergeant Dribble wrote:That we are in for Bebe, of Manchester United. 6 month loan deal on the cards, make of that what you will

another loan :? :shock: :(

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Sergeant Dribble wrote:That we are in for Bebe, of Manchester United. 6 month loan deal on the cards, make of that what you will

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

your off your nut

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:09 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

your off your nut

I can assure you, I've not indulged in any narcotics recently.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:15 pm

A “fairytale story” was how Sir Alex described the arrival of Tiago Manuel Dias Correia - better known as Bebe.

After a few years plying his trade at Portuguese third division club Estrela Amadora, Bebe signed for Vitoria de Guimaraes in July 2010. A mere five weeks later he was putting pen to paper on a United contract.

The Reds' agreement to sign the versatile forward from Guimaraes was announced on 4 August 2010 and he was unveiled the following week alongside fellow new signings Chris Smalling and Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez.

A player with seemingly great

potential was acquired by United without being viewed by Sir Alex. The boss admitted it was an impulse decision to sign the player, following advice from the club's scouts in Portugal and by former Reds' assistant manager Carlos Queiroz.

A strong, powerful and technically-gifted attacking player, Bebe impressed on his first appearance for United Reserves - albeit in a 4-1 home defeat by Aston Villa - before making his senior debut six days later. His big moment arrived when he came on as substitute for Ji-sung Park, 15 minutes from time in the Reds' 5-2 Carling Cup win at Scunthorpe.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Once we shape up our defence then QPR will get left in our wake.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:19 pm

6 month loan deal with only 4 months of the season left, or for next year?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:19 pm

taffyapple wrote:Once we shape up our defence then QPR will get left in our wake.

What would you make of Bebe as a signing, taffyapple?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:20 pm

joncandy wrote:6 month loan deal with only 4 months of the season left, or for next year?

exaclty

Cant see it happening, just cant..if its true, then Burke is going 100%, is Burke the one you was talking about Annis?

joncandy wrote:6 month loan deal with only 4 months of the season left, or for next year?

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Meant rest of the season, I shall edit it now.

EDIT: It won't let me edit. :D
Last edited by Sergeant Dribble on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doesnt sound right :?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Sergeant Dribble wrote:

Was it a typo, or mistake? :D :D :D :D

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
Sergeant Dribble wrote:

Was it a typo, or mistake? :D :D :D :D

Mistake, an honest one at that :)

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:41 pm

EDIT: It won't let me edit. :D[/quote]

Was it a typo, or mistake? :D :D :D :D[/quote]

Mistake, an honest one at that :)[/quote]

Yep, we all make them. (even "i") :D ;)

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:Yep, we all make them. (even "i") :D ;)

:lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:15 pm

just read bebe's wiki page. have you seen it?

Bébé was abandoned as a young child by his father Francisco and his mother Deolinda. He was consequently raised by his grandmother in a rough suburb of Lisbon, until the age of 12, when a court placed him in the care of the church.[5] He moved to the Casa do Gaiato shelter in Santo Antão do Tojal, 20 km outside Lisbon.

this kid has had a rough life and even though i doubt he would come to us it's good to see people make it in this game that deserve it

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:22 pm

ashccfc wrote:just read bebe's wiki page. have you seen it?

Bébé was abandoned as a young child by his father Francisco and his mother Deolinda. He was consequently raised by his grandmother in a rough suburb of Lisbon, until the age of 12, when a court placed him in the care of the church.[5] He moved to the Casa do Gaiato shelter in Santo Antão do Tojal, 20 km outside Lisbon.

this kid has had a rough life and even though i doubt he would come to us it's good to see people make it in this game that deserve it

Got spotted playing in the homeless world cup.

I kid you not.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:58 pm

CCFCBULL wrote:

I kid you not.

thats proper sad. but like i said its nice to see football change the life of someone with nothing

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:11 pm

CCFCBULL wrote:

I kid you not.

When he was spotted, was he in "The Home" side or away? :D

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:41 pm

CCFCBULL wrote:

I kid you not

No he didn't, that rumour was quashed not long after he came over here.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:08 pm

JET is the same style of player, why would we loan a player which we already have similar on loan?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:11 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

exaclty

Loans can last up until the official end of the season, 30th June. In that case it wouldn't be that far off 6 months.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:31 pm

With regards to Bebe, this lad is a really big part of Fergies future plans. It is true that he was picked up from a homeless world cup by Estrela da Amadora and the signed by Vitória de Guimarães. Fergie said from the start that he would be looking to loan him out to get game time for the latter part of the season, as for being the same type of player as JET, Bebe can also play on both flanks which will possibly see the end of Burkey should this rumour become truth.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:39 pm

wdb2721 wrote:With regards to Bebe, this lad is a really big part of Fergies future plans. It is true that he was picked up from a homeless world cup by Estrela da Amadora and the signed by Vitória de Guimarães. Fergie said from the start that he would be looking to loan him out to get game time for the latter part of the season, as for being the same type of player as JET, Bebe can also play on both flanks which will possibly see the end of Burkey should this rumour become truth.

but do we really want another loanee in the squad? :?

that'll be 8 loans if he came, we would have to leave 3 loan players out of a squad if he was to come

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:26 pm

You would leave Koumas as for the other two you would leave out i do not know

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:39 pm

selling Burk for a loan player is not got my support I like Burke

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Burkes gone then, and DJ is giving himself one hell of a job to get a squad for next season!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:16 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Burkes gone then, and DJ is giving himself one hell of a job to get a squad for next season!

Don't see the fuss in Burke, always felt that Etuhu should have been given more of a chance