Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DJ's lack of faith in Hudson is interesting

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:27 pm

When considering Adam Matthews. The boy needs to play, no doubt about it...Quinn does a job but lets be honest hes no Adam Matthews. Jones says hes too inexperienced and his mistakes are too costly, however the only way he will gain experience is by playing him.

Jones needs to have faith in Hudson, whos bang on form atm (and i dont think its just a coincidence his form coincides with losing the armband) to nurture Matthews through his initial development on the pitch - the boy is too good to be on the bench imo

Re: DJ's lack of faith in Hudson is interesting

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:29 pm

lack of faith in hudson :shock:
hudson his f**k buddy :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Haha, i know that mun!

Just when purely considering Matthews, hes clearly got no faith in him assist with Matthews relative inexperience otherwise his talent just ensures hes a starter alone

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:32 pm

Plus, Matthews is too much of a liability as a right back in my eyes. He's more a right midfielder. He's not defensively sound enough right now. However, surely in training we should be working on him to make him more defensively sound?!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:33 pm

CastletownBlue wrote:Haha, i know that mun!

Just when purely considering Matthews, hes clearly got no faith in him assist with Matthews relative inexperience otherwise his talent just ensures hes a starter alone

im either being thick or you have confused me castle :lol: is your title meant to say matthews not hudson? or shall i just shut up :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:33 pm

i think Matthews should be converted in to right winger think he would be brilliant but that my opinion tho

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:34 pm

The one good thing that came out of the Stoke game was seeing Matthews come on and playing on the wing. I've been saying to anybody who'll listen that Matthews is not a right back, he is more of a Gareth Bale player who should be plying his trade on the wing. For the moment Quinn is doing a decent job, he doesn't offer much going forward, however he dilligently carries out his defensive duties (which is what we need in a defender) and he doesn't shirk a tackle!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Zabier wrote:Plus, Matthews is too much of a liability as a right back in my eyes. He's more a right midfielder. He's not defensively sound enough right now. However, surely in training we should be working on him to make him more defensively sound?!

Exactly, his defensive mistakes have been well documented but hes no worse than anybody else imo. Training is obv the opportunity to put that right, and presumably they attempt it - he needs a run in the team though...it frustrates me because hes so good

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:40 pm

milly44 wrote:
CastletownBlue wrote:Haha, i know that mun!

im either being thick or you have confused me castle :lol: is your title meant to say matthews not hudson? or shall i just shut up :lol:

Hahaha, no its meant to say Hudson! Im just trying to say that DJ clearly doesnt trust Hudson to look after Matthews on the pitch and guide him through the game. I no theres only so much Hudson can do and hes got his own job to get on with but as an experienced squad captain its pary of his role and Matthews is no numpty

Hope that clears it up for you! Ha

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:41 pm

i get you sorry mate, its still early :lol:
i also agree 8-)

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:43 pm

I also defo think that Matthews' best position could be as a midfielder but hes nowhere near the starting line up in that respect, and thats why he should stick to developing as a full back imo

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:44 pm

milly44 wrote:i get you sorry mate, its still early :lol:
i also agree 8-)

Haha, its all good butt :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:23 pm

So, not satisfied with Hudson having to make up for the other weak full backs and midfield who dont track back you want to saddle him with a kid who has no idea of how to defend ?

As others have said -Matthews isnt up to it defensively, but HAS got lovely abilit on the ball and should be in midfield if anywhere.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Lawnmower wrote:So, not satisfied with Hudson having to make up for the other weak full backs and midfield who dont track back you want to saddle him with a kid who has no idea of how to defend ?

As others have said -Matthews isnt up to it defensively, but HAS got lovely abilit on the ball and should be in midfield if anywhere.

And the award for biggest variety of exaggeration goes to...

I would in response say the midfield do indeed track back otherwise our defensive record would be far worse, plus I would also say Matthews does indeed have an idea of how to defend, although i agree that Naylor has left the central defence in a bit of bother on more than one occasion!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:48 pm

CastletownBlue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:So, not satisfied with Hudson having to make up for the other weak full backs and midfield who dont track back you want to saddle him with a kid who has no idea of how to defend ?

And the award for biggest variety of exaggeration goes to...

I would in response say the midfield do indeed track back otherwise our defensive record would be far worse, plus I would also say Matthews does indeed have an idea of how to defend, although i agree that Naylor has left the central defence in a bit of bother on more than one occasion!

Watch Whittigham and Oli next week. Oli is constantly the wrong side of his man and refuses to slide in to tackle, and Whitts has never been a defensive player and is about as much good as a chocolate fireguard.

I'd guess you are looking at playing Matthews at right back, where he has been awful this season, (I dont know if you were at Reading, but hudson was dragged over to cover for Matthews, particulaly for headers many times especially in the 1st half)which would still leave us with the awful Naylor on the other side, and Hudson being the only one of our back 4 who could win a hrader against a player over 5ft 10.