Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Atmosphere Atmosphere Atmosphere?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm

My personal circumstances since we moved over the road have meant that for me to attend home games has been nigh on impossible, I'll not bore you with details and to be honest(some things in life have to come before the 'City) plus I've always prefered to attend away games anyway(slate me if you must on that, I have thick skin and promise not to cry). Now I've read a lot about Atmosphere on this board(and the other) or the apparant lack of it, So yesterday I was given the opportunity to go down Ninian Park(I'll always call it that, rightly or wrongly), and I grabbed it with both hands and have to say I was as nearly exicted about the trip as I was for our recent Wembley trips(I attended both), I've driven past NP thousands of times and personally I like the look of it, So after getting stuck in the Turnstile and twating my head on one of the bars in I went, my first impression was that it was light years ahead of the old lady NP, as it should have been, A few jars later I was ready for KO and excitedly took my seat in the Canton Stand, the game started, 1-nil everyone goes mental then sits down, I continue standing singing Bluebirds, Bluebirds, Bluebirds(blokes behind me tell me to sit down as they can't see) we hadn't even restarted the game by then :( 2-nil, go mental, Bluebirds Bluebirds Bluebirds I sing(again I'm told to sit down) 3-nil, I stand and sing again and I hear an OI! will you bloody sit down(this time I replyed with a good old fashioned F**K OFF), It was a brilliant game and at times I thought we were going to throw it away, but we never and IMO Hudson was Immense, So anyway, to all you people who have been complaining about the lack of Atmosphere at the new ground, YOU ARE SO RIGHT, the Canton Stand was like a morgue for the entire Game as was the Grandstand, quite frankly I was shocked by it, what can be done about it I don't know, maybe all fans who want to sing should arrange via the MB's to renew their seasons tickets so they all Stand(oops I mean sit) together next season, All in all though I thoroughly enjoyed it and with luck I'll be able to get back down there a few more times this season, Not in the Canton Stand mind you....

Re: Atmosphere Atmosphere Atmosphere?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:44 pm

You say about not going to canton next time! well the only best next place is by the away fans in the bob bank. I hate the people who tell you to sit down and dont give any atmosphere! It would be great if we had a section where people stand, just like ninian!

Re: Atmosphere Atmosphere Atmosphere?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:55 pm

plastic's telling people to sing down, should have punched the c**t

too many cunts want you to sit there silent and just watch the game, wankers