Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

if jay goes jones should resign and we

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:06 pm

should boycott all games for the forseeable future :twisted:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Re: if jay goes jones should resign and we

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:20 pm

it wont be jones decision unfortulantly, im sure even jones knows how vital he is to us but as everyone knows in football money talks

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Do me a favour!

The club's players will always come and go as will the staff. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we the fans are the only constant at the club. The days of players remaining at one club for the duration of their career are all but gone and whilst I do think the club has missed a trick in not getting Jay signed on a new contract it's generally the way football is now. I'm not sure if discussions have taken place with Jay and for how long but I would imagine his agent will be saying the same things as Joe Ledley's did....let the contract run it's course and reap the rewards after. Take Gabbidon for instance he may or may not end up with us but if he does then we will get him on the cheap because West Ham have not given a new contract offer...will hammers fans not turn up until Gold and Sullivan have gone? I doubt it very much.
You've got to support your/our club through thick and thin whether you agree with decisions made or not. We are on the brink of getting promoted to the premier league and if a large amount of fans start staying away and or bringing negativity to the club it could well affect the results as much as us losing an important player such as Jay.
I will support the cluB always, its in my blood and I would expect it to be in yours. I dont go every week to support Jones, VT or even Jay or Bellamy, I go to support Cardiff City.....MY CLUB!! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Dange wrote:Do me a favour!

The club's players will always come and go as will the staff. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we the fans are the only constant at the club. The days of players remaining at one club for the duration of their career are all but gone and whilst I do think the club has missed a trick in not getting Jay signed on a new contract it's generally the way football is now. I'm not sure if discussions have taken place with Jay and for how long but I would imagine his agent will be saying the same things as Joe Ledley's did....let the contract run it's course and reap the rewards after. Take Gabbidon for instance he may or may not end up with us but if he does then we will get him on the cheap because West Ham have not given a new contract offer...will hammers fans not turn up until Gold and Sullivan have gone? I doubt it very much.
You've got to support your/our club through thick and thin whether you agree with decisions made or not. We are on the brink of getting promoted to the premier league and if a large amount of fans start staying away and or bringing negativity to the club it could well affect the results as much as us losing an important player such as Jay.
I will support the cluB always, its in my blood and I would expect it to be in yours. I dont go every week to support Jones, VT or even Jay or Bellamy, I go to support Cardiff City.....MY CLUB!! :ayatollah:

Wll said that man!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:29 pm

its the only way our voice and opinion can be heard and considered.

I'm fed up of owners putting short term profit before success.

if we get promoted (and we wont without jay) we'll have to match premiership wages anyway.

There's an all to familiar smell enveloping ccs

WE CAN STOP IT !!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:32 pm

evans above wrote:it wont be jones decision unfortulantly, im sure even jones knows how vital he is to us but as everyone knows in football money talks

jones puts his salary before success, unlike martin oneil for instance who could be in a cushy number at villa

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Exactly right. Jay has been an outstanding player for this club at times but nobody is indispensable.
5 million would be a fantastic deal. That would get us a Charlie Austin type, a younger, hungrier player.

As for Jones letting the players contract run down? Really? I think the boardroom have the final say on contracts, not the manager.

But if you choose to stay away because of the sale of one person then you are not a fan of the club.

I have not agreed with many things within the club. The sales of Kav, Earnie, Collins, Gabbidon, Johnson, Jerome and Ramsey were all agreed and where are we now, sitting in second. We are not Arsenal or Man Utd, we have no divine right to be in the Premiership.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Karloff wrote:

Exactly right. Jay has been an outstanding player for this club at times but nobody is indispensable.
5 million would be a fantastic deal. That would get us a Charlie Austin type, a younger, hungrier player.

As for Jones letting the players contract run down? Really? I think the boardroom have the final say on contracts, not the manager.

But if you choose to stay away because of the sale of one person then you are not a fan of the club.

I have not agreed with many things within the club. The sales of Kav, Earnie, Collins, Gabbidon, Johnson, Jerome and Ramsey were all agreed and where are we now, sitting in second. We are not Arsenal or Man Utd, we have no divine right to be in the Premiership.

a submissive passionless mindset leads to loss and humiliation........

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Karloff wrote:

I am passionate, about Cardiff City.
I submit to nobody.
I am neither humiliated nor at a loss.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:43 pm

he would be mad to leave mind' hes a hero down here' and he would have god status if he helped us get promoted, hed have the freedom of the city! if he went to another club he could end up just being a bit part player' a bench warmer even! i knw its money that talks these days but when hes retired with children, grandchildren, the year he became a god in the city of cardiff by leading us to the top flight would be a better story to tell them rather than making up the numbers at sunderland or whatever lol

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:46 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:he would be mad to leave mind' hes a hero down here' and he would have god status if he helped us get promoted, hed have the freedom of the city! if he went to another club he could end up just being a bit part player' a bench warmer even! i knw its money that talks these days but when hes retired with children, grandchildren, the year he became a god in the city of cardiff by leading us to the top flight would be a better story to tell them rather than making up the numbers at sunderland or whatever lol

Agreed. However, we are not the richest club in the world and unfortunately every player has his price.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:48 pm

.[/quote]

a submissive passionless mindset leads to loss and humiliation........[/quote]

I submit to nobody.
I am neither humiliated nor at a loss.[/quote]

but you incomprehensively contradict yourself

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:.

I submit to nobody.

but you incomprehensively contradict yourself[/quote]

How. By saying I disagree with some of the decisions the club has made yet still supporting them. I wouldn't call that a contradiction. I would call it a grounding in reality.

Quite often my relatives annoy me. I don't choose to never see them again.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:07 pm

How old are you, son?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:08 pm

I submit to nobody.

Johnny, why are you not running your own club if you believe that you can make better decisions? Surely if your opinions, actions and historical strategies are as good as you say then you would now no doubt be a billionaire that can help us progress. If the short term strategy was to gain money then surely they would have immediately looked at getting Jay on a better longer term contract that would put his value up to the £6M+ mark. Then that would have given them the opportunity to make hay so to speak with Jay.
I'm all for getting rid of the likes of PR but he had a track record of poor management as opposed to the current crop who dont really have one yet. Let's see what they bring before going back down the protest route! And before you go down the "it may be too late if we delay" route it may well be better to wait and see as Man Utd did with Ferguson....didn't do them any harm did it? :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Karl wrote:How old are you, son?

Me? Or Rhythmic John?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Even if we accept an Offer, JAY CAN TURN IT DOWN!! lets see how loyal he is?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Dange wrote:

I submit to nobody.

Johnny, why are you not running your own club if you believe that you can make better decisions? Surely if your opinions, actions and historical strategies are as good as you say then you would now no doubt be a billionaire that can help us progress. If the short term strategy was to gain money then surely they would have immediately looked at getting Jay on a better longer term contract that would put his value up to the £6M+ mark. Then that would have given them the opportunity to make hay so to speak with Jay.
I'm all for getting rid of the likes of PR but he had a track record of poor management as opposed to the current crop who dont really have one yet. Let's see what they bring before going back down the protest route! And before you go down the "it may be too late if we delay" route it may well be better to wait and see as Man Utd did with Ferguson....didn't do them any harm did it? :ayatollah:[/quote]

no it didn't not at all,

neither did any harm to liverpool wen they bought toshak, the fortunes of the two clubs involved could not have been more different.

and i'm prepared to throw seats at stewards to prevent it

so, in the words of ub40 "if it happens again i'm leaving"

never mind the financial side, its the emotional investment that does me and the pox bags that ave always managed to run our club

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Dange wrote:

I submit to nobody.
I am neither humiliated nor at a loss.

I'm all for getting rid of the likes of PR but he had a track record of poor management as opposed to the current crop who dont really have one yet. Let's see what they bring before going back down the protest route! And before you go down the "it may be too late if we delay" route it may well be better to wait and see as Man Utd did with Ferguson....didn't do them any harm did it? :ayatollah:[/quote]

no it didn't not at all,

neither did any harm to liverpool wen they bought toshak, the fortunes of the two clubs involved could not have been more different.

never mind the financial side, its the emotional investment that does me and the pox bags that ave always managed to run our club[/quote]

So you are prepared to be a fool. Do you think that your actions will change the sale?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Karloff wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:he would be mad to leave mind' hes a hero down here' and he would have god status if he helped us get promoted, hed have the freedom of the city! if he went to another club he could end up just being a bit part player' a bench warmer even! i knw its money that talks these days but when hes retired with children, grandchildren, the year he became a god in the city of cardiff by leading us to the top flight would be a better story to tell them rather than making up the numbers at sunderland or whatever lol

Agreed. However, we are not the richest club in the world and unfortunately every player has his price.

And I think Jay knows that - he's never said he wants to leave, but if the Malaysians say accept a certain figure then that is what DJ has to do. However Jay could have the last say by refusing any deal, so really the ball is in his court.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:20 pm

I have been one of the most vociferous calling for Jones head. However it's too late in the day to change manager now, it's time to back him. If Jay has to go (let's hope not) to balance the books then so be it. However I am sure if Bothroyd is allowed to leave Jones will have a ready made replacement in mind and I am sure feelers will already have been put out as to the availability of said player. I know who I would want. Every man and his dog is after him and apparently Burnley are supposed favourites to get him so far but given the choice I think Charlie Austin would chose us over them any day of the week. I think he is the bollox. Free scoring, young, classy and open to lots of improvement. A proper striker. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:21 pm

no it didn't not at all,

never mind the financial side, its the emotional investment that does me and the pox bags that ave always managed to run our club[/quote]

So you are prepared to be a fool. Do you think that your actions will change the sale?[/quote]

the only fools are the mugs who will continue to go down the ccs after jay is sold

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:Johnny, why are you not running your own club if you believe that you can make better decisions? Surely if your opinions, actions and historical strategies are as good as you say then you would now no doubt be a billionaire that can help us progress. If the short term strategy was to gain money then surely they would have immediately looked at getting Jay on a better longer term contract that would put his value up to the £6M+ mark. Then that would have given them the opportunity to make hay so to speak with Jay.
I'm all for getting rid of the likes of PR but he had a track record of poor management as opposed to the current crop who dont really have one yet. Let's see what they bring before going back down the protest route! And before you go down the "it may be too late if we delay" route it may well be better to wait and see as Man Utd did with Ferguson....didn't do them any harm did it? :ayatollah:

no it didn't not at all,

So you are prepared to be a fool. Do you think that your actions will change the sale?[/quote]

the only fools are the mugs who will continue to go down the ccs after jay is sold[/quote]

Well I must be the biggest mug in the world then because even if this club folded and reformed in the Cardiff and District league I would support it.

I think the real mug here is you. Not that you care. Perhaps we can get a 'throwing a seat' smilie just for you.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Karloff wrote:

Well I must be the biggest mug in the world then because even if this club folded and reformed in the Cardiff and District league I would support it[/quote]

I'd prefer the FC United Route

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:42 pm

Johnny whats it like living in cuckoo land ( i wish i could live there sometimes lol )

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:43 pm

bluecyw wrote:Johnny whats it like living in cuckoo land ( i wish i could live there sometimes lol )

Obviously a fan of dungeon football. Oh for the halcyon days of Paul Wheeler and Alan Rogers. :old:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:47 pm

and why do we blame Dave Jones ?
its his decision ????

cant you grasp the fact that we havent got any money, need to wheel and deal due to past chairmen/ directors.

get into the real world

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:48 pm

bluecyw wrote:Johnny whats it like living in cuckoo land ( i wish i could live there sometimes lol )

:lol: priceless and fully booked til next january

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:51 pm

langley wrote:and why do we blame Dave Jones ?
its his decision ????

cant you grasp the fact that we havent got any money, need to wheel and deal due to past chairmen/ directors.

get into the real world

it shows jones' lack of ambition,

The real world? What would you know about it?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:55 pm

a lot more than you by the sounds of it ...

you will find out one day when you finish school