Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The (hic) Road To CCS. Sat 22/1/11

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:51 am

Left Caerleon for Newport Station at midday (later than usual). Buzzing like a fly on the train as Stoke was my first game in well over a month due to work, illness and the winter snows.

Met Shanka the Bluebird Jock in the City Arms, Totally dead in there but for some darts playing ice hockey fans. We started on the Real ale chasers. Pontypridd brewed porter Ottley? Bloody lovely downed with a bourbon to die for, it was called Knob Creek and was a real tasty zinger!!! Shame about the prices though!

After a couple of those chasers onto the Queens Vaults for a Double Dragon, and to mingle with fellow Bluebirds. Then onto Ladbrokes to do our accumulators which turned out to be really close yesterday!!! Picked up some cans of Guinness and shared a magic cigarette for the walk to the Ivor Davies.

Back on the chasers, this time the lovely Caledonian Ale downed with Buffalo Trace bourbon, me and Shanka poilshed off a bottle of that at last years Green Man Festival so its a welcome familiar tipple. After a couple of them we did the walk to CCS. By this time me and Shanka were Bluebirds Flying High and were red eyed and grinning like cheshire cats! Great to see all my fellow season ticket holders around me in the Canton 105 after so long ("who are ya?!").

And what an opening half of football when your in the zone!!!! Attacking our end as well! FANTASTIC ADVERT FOR OUR LEAGUE, a joy to watch. The goals were flying in! And we loved the dancing feet and power of Emanuel Thomas, boy hes gonna be a favourite!!!! Several times I tried to start a chant to the Wings track "Jet" but all to no avail. This chant is a winner believe me, "JET, WHOO, OOH, OOH, OOH, OOH, OOH, OOH, OOH, OOH!" come on bluebirds!!! Sick of our generic chants! Watford reminded me of Norwich only better, the way they pass it around looking for the runner, a credit to the league and played a massive part in the game. Bellars, the two Jays, Kev and yet again Huds did really well for me.

Into the carpark half time for another can of hidden Guinness and a herbal doobie, where we heard on the Tannoy that Rambo was doing the half time draw on the pitch! Cant wait to see that boy in a city shirt again, NEVER thought I would see it again! Always remenber seeing him come on at Ninian and blowing me away with his ball control and engine, welcome back Rambs!!

Second half was a nailbiter and could easily have had more goals. I salute you Mr Gypes, you rugby tackling Magyar you! Right place right time and its 4-2 and 3 points, though by this time I was beginning to struggle! Double vision and swaying had kicked in and was as thirsty as a buffalo on a squash court! What a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the Ivor for a couple after the match, unusually resisting Uncle Teds burgers. Even more unusual sticking to the Caledonian Ale, and not trying any others! After that all a bit of a blur. We may have gone in the Gatekeeper but I cant be sure! Somehow made it back to the train and onto the shite hole that is Newport bus station, thankfully no Cewnty around. bus back to Caerleon and for once avoiding Boleros even though I could see my mates in there. Very hoarse and very sore head this morning!! I know I am not alone!!

Great to hear Ali on the tannoy getting us doing the ayatollah! Great idea, as we never see it en masse, nice one son, more of the same please! :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The (hic) Road To CCS. Sat 22/1/11

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:54 am

sounds like a beer fest :D back to beleros after??

Re: The (hic) Road To CCS. Sat 22/1/11

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:19 am

milly44 wrote:sounds like a beer fest :D back to beleros after??

Thats normal home game procedure Milly, every game is a different real ale route. For the Jacks 2 seasons ago we literally "did" the Canton mile! :P

Had I done Boleros last night, I would have been a comatose!! :ayatollah:

You have a good day?