Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JAY BOTHROYD

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 am

Sadly i think we may have seen him play his last game for us. JET seems pretty similer to JB strong in the air, good touch, pace and power and by most accounts a great finisher. we now also have parkin, but would DJ be more likely to chuck JET up top before parkin??

also when JB came off, he gave his all for 60mins, then clapped all for stands more than once and looked pretty down. looked a bit omnimus to me.

i really hope its not tha case, but lets remember we cant turn down hard cash we arn't that lucky.

next time we watch him i think it will be on MOTD :cry:

Re: JAY BOTHROYD

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:39 am

Judging by his tweets I really doubt he is leaving...surely unless club is going to sell him desperately which is not the case right now

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:39 am

No chance..... He aint going anywhere! Jones has no option but to keep him as NO big money offers will come in - It's too much of a risk for big (prem) clubs, and in this division, he will only play for us!

he spends too much time on the floor and on treatment tables for thoss big clubs to be splashing out millions as such a late stage in his contract, Cardiff must take the risk, and keep him for our promotion push. Our squad is strong enough now.... IMO.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:04 am

quadsas wrote:Judging by his tweets I really doubt he is leaving...surely unless club is going to sell him desperately which is not the case right now

jay is saying all the right things, but lets be honest he isnt going to say any different is he. i hope your right though :D
a cold hard 4/5 mill can sway a club though.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:05 am

Pessimist :roll:

To be fair, I think Jones knows with JB in our team we have the best chance.

It's better for us to reject all offers, go for promotion, and hope to snatch a new contract with him.

If he sells him, it means Jones doesn't have faith that we'll go up.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:34 am

I fear another Toshack scenario. :o :o :o

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:35 am

milly44 wrote:Sadly i think we may have seen him play his last game for us. JET seems pretty similer to JB strong in the air, good touch, pace and power and by most accounts a great finisher. we now also have parkin, but would DJ be more likely to chuck JET up top before parkin??

also when JB came off, he gave his all for 60mins, then clapped all for stands more than once and looked pretty down. looked a bit omnimus to me.

i really hope its not tha case, but lets remember we cant turn down hard cash we arn't that lucky.

next time we watch him i think it will be on MOTD :cry:

Understand what your saying, but hope your wrong!!!
:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:38 am

milly44 wrote:
quadsas wrote:Judging by his tweets I really doubt he is leaving...surely unless club is going to sell him desperately which is not the case right now

jay is saying all the right things, but lets be honest he isnt going to say any different is he. i hope your right though :D
a cold hard 4/5 mill can sway a club though.

no way a club would offer us 4-5 million if they could possibly get him on a free at the end of the season!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:08 pm

I know a relative of his and he says bothroyd wants to stay but if a club comes in with triple his wage then he will probably go

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:44 pm

DAve Jones said in his interview after the game , that it was only cramp but didnt want to take any chances.