Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'5m JAY BOTHROYD TO HAVE PLAYED LAST GAME FOR CITy

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:50 am

that was what i was greeted with when i looked at the back of the mail on sunday this morning

it also went on to say that city had accepted an offer

please say this isnt true :cry: :cry: :o

Re: '5m JAY BOTHROYD TO HAVE PLAYED LAST GAME FOR CITy

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:51 am

to who?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:52 am

arri potta wrote:to who?

it didnt say, i didnt fancy reading into it if im honest

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:54 am

Carl has an update tonight (Which covers Ramsey's loan deal), so hopefully it should cover this Jay scenario as well.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:59 am

well if he's gonna go I hope we put a bid in for Austin. high quality replacement who is young and could perform at the highest level, will get us loads of goals and a player whose valyue can only increase dramatically in the next few years. £5 million for Jay, snap their hands off. We would prolly get Austin for £2 million - great bit of business.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:06 am

ihatealiens wrote:well if he's gonna go I hope we put a bid in for Austin. high quality replacement who is young and could perform at the highest level, will get us loads of goals and a player whose valyue can only increase dramatically in the next few years. £5 million for Jay, snap their hands off. We would prolly get Austin for £2 million - great bit of business.

With change left over for ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING for the pitch!!

ihatealiens wrote:well if he's gonna go I hope we put a bid in for Austin. high quality replacement who is young and could perform at the highest level, will get us loads of goals and a player whose valyue can only increase dramatically in the next few years. £5 million for Jay, snap their hands off. We would prolly get Austin for £2 million - great bit of business.

Nothing online just been right through the site, can't see it myself, he's out of contract soon, £5 million sounds bollocks to me !!!

We can't afford to lose him now, he is still the key to automatic promotion and £90 Million plus, Austin is still learning and is no automatic replacement for Bothrroyd IMO.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rnets.html

must admit, when he went off yesterday he did seem to clap the 4 stands as he left the pitch......never seen him do that before. :?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:11 am

boyosback wrote:must admit, when he went off yesterday he did seem to clap the 4 stands as he left the pitch......never seen him do that before. :?

Here is the search results for Bothroyd on that site...........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search. ... e=Bothroyd

Don't worry about it he's going nowhere :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:23 am

somebody posted a thread on breaking news, and its been deleted? :roll:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:28 am

Sunderland have put a bid in. I am sure carl will clear it all up tonight for us unless something comes out from ther club in the meantime. Birmingham are also offering cash + Phillips. We don't know yet but other clubs may come out of the woodwork but it seems if a bid has been accepted from Sundderland that will flush out all other clubs.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:04 am

nothing on the back of my mail on sunday

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:10 am

croesybluebird wrote:nothing on the back of my mail on sunday

my appologies, it was the news of the world. it was a little section on the left hand side of the back page

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:11 am

Easy mistake to make - Mail on Sunday and News of the World...................... :roll:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:33 pm

i would bite their hands off....
al lthis talk that he loves it here and wants to stay, he is a footballer doing his job, he doesnt support us, and you cant blame him at his age getting the best deal, we cant offer him the ages of a premier club, second half yesterday you could see he was going to go off, we cant afford that luxury, cash in on him whilst we can.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:44 pm

kevin phillips coming in a swap deal according to http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... yd-1403281

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 pm

As much as i like Jay if the offer is worth a lot of money take it then use money to buy someone else.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:46 pm

I dont want Kevin Phillips thanks. Personally I'd rather we do what Arsenal are doing by investing in the long term, by signing youngsters.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:48 pm

jaybothroyd Jay bothroyd9
It's all about the news of the world on Sundays!!!

Jay's tweet today :s

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:49 pm

JET is from the same mould as Jay so if the worst case scenario and he does go, I'm sure JET can be trained to do Jays job. I think that was DJs thinking yest. If Jay goes, with Jet and Parkin here I can't see us replacing Jay

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Hallett wrote:kevin phillips coming in a swap deal according to http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... yd-1403281

It doesn't say Phillips is coming at all,it just says that Birmringham are considering an offer of £2.2 million including Phillips.

I can't see the club accepting a figuren that blow for Jay

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Hallett wrote:kevin phillips coming in a swap deal according to http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... yd-1403281

It doesn't say Phillips is coming at all,it just says that Birmringham are considering an offer of £2.2 million including Phillips.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:56 pm

No deal

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Not sure what Jay means that by his twitter, but I think he thought they were having a laugh with that story???

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:11 pm

croesybluebird wrote:Easy mistake to make - Mail on Sunday and News of the World...................... :roll:

You should be deeply embarrassed for reading NOTW after the way they helped Blair and his cronies stitch the nation

NOTW???? Fair weather friends indeed with more faces than the Tredegar Town Square Clock....and they hold their annual dinners at the Phone Tappers and Punters Club

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:25 pm

If it was the Daily Mail I'd be worried because as cuntish as that paper is their sports section doesn't announce anything until it's certain. However, it was the Daily Mirror so I am sceptical. They just write about shit.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:

What figure would you look for given his value at end of transfer window is zero?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:38 pm

sunderland have cash to burn so maybe it is them and they are pushing a top 6 place so you couldnt blame him really? he deserves another go it reckon he's more level headed than when he was younger hey. Cant see it being 5 million but you never know. would he go to brum? nahhh we could swop places in may..... :lol: