Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MOST ENTERTAINING GAME AT HOME THIS SEASON "

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:38 am

I can't ever remember being quite so nervous when being 3-1 up!

I said to my mate at half time that the next goal was going to be vital and when they scored it I honestly thought that the most likely result was a draw or even a Watford win.

A massive relief when Gabor scored the fourth but even then Watford kept coming and I didn't really relax right up to the final whisle.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:46 am

I agree I thought yesterday was a top game with both sides going for a win, big big respect to Watford in that respect but they got undone by pure class and thats what we are going forward.

I thought Whitts pass for Chopra against Leeds was good but how good was that pass to Bellamy for the first goal, IMO brilliant and I think set the tone for our attacking quality.

Watford did put us under enourmous pressure but I really think the way JET slowed the pace of the game down in the last 10 minutes was absolutely top class. Just when we needed to take the sting out of the game JET and in fairness Bellamy did it and if we had been able to do that last week we would have beaten Norwich.

It may have looked negative even showboating as someone described it but when your winning with 10 minutes to go having the confidence and ability to do that is a priceless asset. Great debut from the lad IMO.

Agree about Hudson to absolutely immense performance and MacNaughton was his usual no nonsense totally committed best.

Overall a good performance and a great result onwards and upwards. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:03 am

castleblue wrote:I agree I thought yesterday was a top game with both sides going for a win, big big respect to Watford in that respect but they got undone by pure class and thats what we are going forward.

I thought Whitts pass for Chopra against Leeds was good but how good was that pass to Bellamy for the first goal, IMO brilliant and I think set the tone for our attacking quality.

Watford did put us under enourmous pressure but I really think the way JET slowed the pace of the game down in the last 10 minutes was absolutely top class. Just when we needed to take the sting out of the game JET and in fairness Bellamy did it and if we had been able to do that last week we would have beaten Norwich.

It may have looked negative even showboating as someone described it but when your winning with 10 minutes to go having the confidence and ability to do that is a priceless asset. Great debut from the lad IMO.

Agree about Hudson to absolutely immense performance and MacNaughton was his usual no nonsense totally committed best.

Overall a good performance and a great result onwards and upwards. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" Onwards and Upwards " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: