Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MOST ENTERTAINING GAME AT HOME THIS SEASON "

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:18 pm

" MOST ENTERTAINING GAME AT HOME THIS SEASON "

End to end stuff, at one point I thought Watford were going to get back in the game, they never gave up.
Watford came to Attack us and went for the 3pts, In my Opinion Superb Entertainment,A Managers Night mare game though, But DJ Still never took his hands out of his pockets :lol:

City's strike force should their Class today, Well pleased with our attacking force, Terrified when Watford attacked US.

But what a game though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My Opinion This Squad has so much class, We could get promotion without a Manager :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " MOST ENTERTAINING GAME AT HOME THIS SEASON "

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" MOST ENTERTAINING GAME AT HOME THIS SEASON "

End to end stuff, at one point I thought Watford were going to get back in the game, they never gave up.
Watford came to Attack us and went for the 3pts, In my Opinion Superb Entertainment,A Managers Night mare game though, But DJ Still never took his hands out of his pockets :lol:

City's strike force should their Class today, Well pleased with our attacking force, Terrified when Watford attacked US.

My Opinion This Squad has so much class, We could get promotion without a Manager :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i think i have heard that last line some where else today :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:21 pm

milly44 wrote:

i think i have heard that last line some where else today :lol:

:lol:

Milly
Its True :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Told you its a straight jacket !!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:24 pm

gutted culdnt go today, hade to give my seat away :evil: . Took my dogs out for an early morning walk, one of them ran off towards a small pond, not very deep about 18" or so she went through ice and somehow it cut open her stomach like a razor blade. Rush job to the vets to patch her up £270 so far, ouch :lol: Gave seat to my son in law, he said was a fab game :evil: - sods law innit after sitting through that crap on Tuesday night :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:27 pm

and i missed it :( bad timing with my exam on monday!

really looking forward to seeing us with all the signings in the squad though :ayatollah:

ihatealiens - hope your dog's okay!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Yes, how is your dog now ?

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:34 pm

It was a great game-my 66 year old mum's first ever as well. She has said she will go again! The only trouble is i couldnt swear....

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:It was a great game-my 66 year old mum's first ever as well. She has said she will go again! The only trouble is i couldnt swear....

same here my mother was there next to me i had to chew my lip :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:37 pm

i watched DJ a lot today and hewas going nuts on the touchline on numerous occasions, shouting at the ref, giving a couple of the players and earfull when it was 3-2 and arguing big style for about 5 minutes with the fourth official! good to see DJ really being passionate about the game and he made some great subs fair play to him! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:40 pm

matthewpope534 wrote:i watched DJ a lot today and hewas going nuts on the touchline on numerous occasions, shouting at the ref, giving a couple of the players and earfull when it was 3-2 and arguing big style for about 5 minutes with the fourth official! good to see DJ really being passionate about the game and he made some great subs fair play to him! :ayatollah:

Did he take his hands out of his pockets :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes, how is your dog now ?

bit sore, whimpering a bit. I wil have restless night tonight methinks, she'll want loads of TLC which she will get. I think she will be ok though. Gash was in an awkward place and will take some time to heal, right at the top inside of the leg and into the lower stomach

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:45 pm

matthewpope534 wrote:i watched DJ a lot today and hewas going nuts on the touchline on numerous occasions, shouting at the ref, giving a couple of the players and earfull when it was 3-2 and arguing big style for about 5 minutes with the fourth official! good to see DJ really being passionate about the game and he made some great subs fair play to him! :ayatollah:

Aye the fourtyh official was a taff - Davey boy not into us taffs in a big way is he? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yes he did, when he (begrudginly) did the Ayatollah :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:46 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

bit sore, whimpering a bit. I wil have restless night tonight methinks, she'll want loads of TLC which she will get. I think she will be ok though. Gash was in an awkward place and will take some time to heal, right at the top inside of the leg and into the lower stomach

Your a Good Man :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My 2 dogs are laid by the side of my bed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

Your a Good Man :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My 2 dogs are laid by the side of my bed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Was really looking forward to the game today as well. had a feeling it would be a cracker. There you circumstances get in the way sometimes. Thats it with animals have to take the good with the bad. Especially sight hounds even more especially Saluki crosses - got a mind of their own :lol: - but so loyal and affectionate never leaves my side and brilliant with my grandkids. I have 3 saluki crosses and can put all of them on a 3 way lead with my 4 year old grandson holding on and they dont pull one bit on the lead. Once they are off the lead in a big field though their bonkers, they just love running.
Last edited by ihatealiens on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Great game,superb entertainment but my nerves were shot to bits we are great going forward but defensively we are shite and I mean as a team not just the defense, Watford missed a couple of one on one's hit the post and had a goal disallowed ,maybe with a team with so much attacking talent maybe we are bound to leak goals but I thought they were soft goals that we gifted them and that gave them a huge lift I didn't think they had to work hard for their goals we have to stop leaking goals to get a top 2 finish in my opinion

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i was so shocked he was actually showing some PASSION shouting at the players/fourth official that i couldn't concentrate on his hands :shock:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed it today.

2 very good sides going at it hammer and tongs. Wouldnt want to face them in the play-offs.
Also...
23k - only Derby-Forest had a bigger crowd

Enjoyed our little chat before the game Annis. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed it today.

2 very good sides going at it hammer and tongs. Wouldnt want to face them in the play-offs.
Also...
23k - only Derby-Forest had a bigger crowd

Enjoyed our little chat before the game Annis. :ayatollah:

Yes Tim, nice meeting and chatting to you again :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Def would not want to meet Watford in the play offs.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:19 pm

My 2 dogs are laid by the side of my bed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]
Was really looking forward to the game today as well. had a feeling it would be a cracker. There you circumstances get in the way sometimes. Thats it with animals have to take the good with the bad. Especially sight hounds even more especially Saluki crosses - got a mind of their own :lol: - but so loyal and affectionate never leaves my side and brilliant with my grandkids. I have 3 saluki crosses and can put all of them on a 3 way lead with my 4 year old grandson holding on and they dont pull one bit on the lead. Once they are off the lead in a big field though their bonkers, they just love running.[/quote]

Better than humans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:33 pm

If many more of our matches turn out like this, I worry whether my heart can take it. We failed to take hold of the match after such a good start. Lack of control in the team - we can compete in matches, but not grab the game by the horns. Is it so hard to keep a lead? Our attack however is beautiful :ayatollah:

Reminded me of the home Norwich match

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:08 am

Yeah, I enjoyed every minute today.

It was wonderful.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:41 am

What's all this play off talk here then Annis?!

Ha Ha thought we could have done with a couple of dogs
in our midfield today, just to put some 'tasty' tackles in!

...Especially second half :ayatollah:

Best game at the new stadium for dad and myself :P

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:45 am

by far one of the best game this season end t end stuff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

oi wiggy still waiting for some SLF to be played ;) ;)

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:My 2 dogs are laid by the side of my bed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Was really looking forward to the game today as well. had a feeling it would be a cracker. There you circumstances get in the way sometimes. Thats it with animals have to take the good with the bad. Especially sight hounds even more especially Saluki crosses - got a mind of their own :lol: - but so loyal and affectionate never leaves my side and brilliant with my grandkids. I have 3 saluki crosses and can put all of them on a 3 way lead with my 4 year old grandson holding on and they dont pull one bit on the lead. Once they are off the lead in a big field though their bonkers, they just love running.[/quote]

Better than humans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]
She woke up this morning bright as a button :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: - chuffed about that

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:51 am

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My 2 dogs are laid by the side of my bed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Was really looking forward to the game today as well. had a feeling it would be a cracker. There you circumstances get in the way sometimes. Thats it with animals have to take the good with the bad. Especially sight hounds even more especially Saluki crosses - got a mind of their own :lol: - but so loyal and affectionate never leaves my side and brilliant with my grandkids. I have 3 saluki crosses and can put all of them on a 3 way lead with my 4 year old grandson holding on and they dont pull one bit on the lead. Once they are off the lead in a big field though their bonkers, they just love running.

Better than humans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]
She woke up this morning bright as a button :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: - chuffed about that[/quote]

Brilliant News :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:55 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:by far one of the best game this season end t end stuff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

oi wiggy still waiting for some SLF to be played ;) ;)

Nice one Baz can't find my cd :oops: Will have a butchers this week

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:07 am

Fantastic end to end game and they looked a really good side again - two excellent performances against us and nice to see a team come with some attacking intent. Quinn was at fault for their first goal and almost gave them an equalizer with a shocking back pass. They obviously targeted Naylor from the kick off, but to his credit this time he had Buckley in his pocket and thats why he switched wings where he had more success . Emmanuel Thomas looked good with Jay alongside him, but less effective after he went off when he show boated and slowed things down a bit in the second half when we needed to push on - he spent too much time arguing with his team mates too, though I'm sure that will sort itself out. On the whole though a great attacking performance, but we need full backs urgently as without my MOM Hudson [who was immense again - Graham barely got a touch], we could easily have lost that game.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:10 am

Yep championship defo getting stronger. Theres probably half a dozen or more teams in the championship who could compete well in the Premier League