Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steward complaint

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Sorry to imposition anyone, but who should I email if I wish to complain about a steward?

Thank you.

Re: Steward complaint

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Try and contact my good friend Toni Jones in the offices. He controls who works where at weekends. Get his extension from reception. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:05 pm

go straight to the top TG ;)

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:17 pm

Aw f**k it... someone ask it......

Why?

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Thank you guys.

I don't wanna be wasting anyones time, but should I complain? Basically I feel that a steward was over zealous in with his physical contact towards me (tried to make me sit down). I think it was a overreaction considering all I did was stand up? Also told me once more, and my season ticket was gone.

P.s. Can I have an email address please? Thankssss

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:42 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Thank you guys.

I don't wanna be wasting anyones time, but should I complain? Basically I feel that a steward was over zealous in with his physical contact towards me (tried to make me sit down). I think it was a overreaction considering all I did was stand up? Also told me once more, and my season ticket was gone.

Physical contact,he can`t touch you.
Make an official complaint as most of them are tossers and this is their little piece of power.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:50 pm

Picked on in school.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:00 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Sorry to imposition anyone, but who should I email if I wish to complain about a steward?

Thank you.

just shut up and sit down :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:25 pm

most people will think i'm a tw*t, but complain EVERY SINGLE time. you'd be surprised how few people do, and then nothing gets changed.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:03 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Sorry to imposition anyone, but who should I email if I wish to complain about a steward?

Thank you.

give us his steward number and the whole board can complain about him. anyone manhandling fans should get the sack

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:04 pm

ihatealiens wrote:go straight to the top TG ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont be silly he ducks like a yellow belly when you take him head on.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:16 pm

While this kinda shit is going on please do not go on about the atmosphere and as I have gone on about already its not the supporters are to blame its the club so if you really want to change it then you supporters who have a bit of clout tell them assholes in the club that they are spoiling the club not the supporters no one is going to risk being thrown out or being banned

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:28 pm

ashccfc wrote:

Thank you.

give us his steward number and the whole board can complain about him. anyone manhandling fans should get the sack

I will do an email when I'm less busy. I cannot take this lying down; the worst thing was resisting the urge to get my own back.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:32 pm

Not Pompey is he ? :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:24 pm

That is strange I was going to start a thread for exactly the same reason being I wanted to make a complaint against a steward.

I sit near where everyone comes up from the concourse, so I expect my view to be restricted at points, but with 5 minutes to go, one of the stewards was standing right in my view so I couldn't see the action. I asked him if he would stand back, he told me no he was working, I told him no your not your watching the match, he said well there's only 5 minutes left, I said yeah 5 minutes I have paid to see, he told me that maybe I should think about moving my seat for the next game and made a comment about my appearance. Cheeky c**t, I paid £300+ for my season ticket.

I've calmed down a bit now, and think it's not worth the hassle of complaining, but from looking at this and other threads, someone really needs to start sorting out the stewards cause they are a bunch of jobworth, bully boy, cheeky twats!!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:34 pm

welshie wrote:That is strange I was going to start a thread for exactly the same reason being I wanted to make a complaint against a steward.

I sit near where everyone comes up from the concourse, so I expect my view to be restricted at points, but with 5 minutes to go, one of the stewards was standing right in my view so I couldn't see the action. I asked him if he would stand back, he told me no he was working, I told him no your not your watching the match, he said well there's only 5 minutes left, I said yeah 5 minutes I have paid to see, he told me that maybe I should think about moving my seat for the next game and made a comment about my appearance. Cheeky c**t, I paid £300+ for my season ticket.

I've calmed down a bit now, and think it's not worth the hassle of complaining, but from looking at this and other threads, someone really needs to start sorting out the stewards cause they are a bunch of jobworth, bully boy, cheeky twats!!

That attitude runs right throughout the establishment mate- that Steward thinks he can act like that as thats how he sees others act.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:39 pm

welshie wrote:That is strange I was going to start a thread for exactly the same reason being I wanted to make a complaint against a steward.

Nash is a c**t...it's all his doing ......FACT, NAILED ON, GLUED DOWN, CLAMPED, THEN SCREWED WITH 100MM SELF TAPPERS...

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Should have nutted him - self defence!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:43 pm

ihatealiens wrote:go straight to the top TG ;)

old yellow belly will duck it. He only replies when he is in the want!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:45 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird were you sat in the family stand next to away friends by any chance, because when we scored i went up on my chair twice and he said do that again and your out, then we were standing up starting to sing then we get told to sit down otherwise were getting removed, then at the end of the game my mate went next to away fans and he said get out now otherwise im taking all your season tickets off you, n*b head mate next time im standing through whole game and said theres nothing in my season ticket terms and conditions saying i cant stand so f***k off out of here!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:51 pm

CardiffCityFCBEN wrote:tylerdurdenisabluebird were you sat in the family stand next to away friends by any chance, because when we scored i went up on my chair twice and he said do that again and your out, then we were standing up starting to sing then we get told to sit down otherwise were getting removed, then at the end of the game my mate went next to away fans and he said get out now otherwise im taking all your season tickets off you, n*b head mate next time im standing through whole game and said theres nothing in my season ticket terms and conditions saying i cant stand so f***k off out of here!

No mate, I was in the Ninian. Sorry to hear that. They're getting too deluded about their place

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:08 pm

abf9 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Thank you guys.

Physical contact,he can`t touch you.
Make an official complaint as most of them are tossers and this is their little piece of power.

tyler can i ask how his contact was overzealous genuine question not trying to shrug your complaint off, because if the steward was in the wrong it gives all stewards a bad name.
and abf9 stewards can use physical force sorry to burst your bubble.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:50 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:Physical contact,he can`t touch you.

tyler can i ask how his contact was overzealous genuine question not trying to shrug your complaint off, because if the steward was in the wrong it gives all stewards a bad name.
and abf9 stewards can use physical force sorry to burst your bubble.[/quote]

Under who's authority? I know your a steward so I want to know under what law/rights have you got to put your hands on a member of the public, when your exactly the same as us but wearing yellow jackets?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:04 pm

ashccfc wrote:

Thank you.

better still keep a sticky with all the stewards' numbers and offences they have committed then we can all get to know them

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:15 pm

welshie wrote:

Under who's authority? I know your a steward so I want to know under what law/rights have you got to put your hands on a member of the public, when your exactly the same as us but wearing yellow jackets?[/quote]
Jonny, I asked a perfectly reasonable question of him, and in return he told me to shut up and be quiet whilst jabbing a few finger into the top of my arm. Now, if I had actually been doing something wrong, it worries me what this man is capable of. Also, I worry what will happen if next time its who isn't able to bite their tongue.

I was under the impression that they can't really touch you.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:22 pm

There were two stewards by us. One spend the entire game watching the match and the other must have been in the Gestappo in a former life. He had a right bee in his bonnet, always shouting at people and running around getting people to sit and not have any things that could resemble any sort of fun. He used the immortal line "I'm just doing my job" so I told him "you should stand round doing f**k all, getting paid for nothing like your mate". He calmed down after that.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:25 pm

[quote="Mr Davies"]There were two stewards by us. One spend the entire game watching the match and the other must have been in the Gestappo in a former life. He had a right bee in his bonnet, always shouting at people and running around getting people to sit and not have any things that could resemble any sort of fun. He used the immortal line "I'm just doing my job" so I told him "you should stand round doing f**k all, getting paid for nothing like your mate". He calmed down after that.[/quote

:lol: :lol: a cracking line to shut up a steward lol :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:50 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
welshie wrote:

Under who's authority? I know your a steward so I want to know under what law/rights have you got to put your hands on a member of the public, when your exactly the same as us but wearing yellow jackets?

Jonny, I asked a perfectly reasonable question of him, and in return he told me to shut up and be quiet whilst jabbing a few finger into the top of my arm. Now, if I had actually been doing something wrong, it worries me what this man is capable of. Also, I worry what will happen if next time its who isn't able to bite their tongue.

I was under the impression that they can't really touch you.[/quote]

we have the same rights as doorman, security guards and professions like that, where you are allowed to use reasonable and proportionate force whilst dealing with the public, but doorman and security guards are required to show an sia license to show they have bean through a certain amount of training and have been vetted by a crb check. Stewards at football are not required to hold an sia license as the govenment and football association decided stewards were given enough checks before the sia came into existence. Stewards are required to complete an NVQ level 2 which includes conflict management, which sums up the dos and donts of dealing with the public.
But from what you said about this steward id say he was out of order, i personnally wouldnt be poking you in the chest its provocative and would probably do more harm than good. I personnally would probably put my arm on your shoulder which would keep you and arms distance away from me so if you ever turned nasty id have time to react. but poking you in the chest is a no in my book.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:14 pm

im not the best with my temper and all this steward stuff id gonna lead to me getting kicked out for retaliating !!! are they human why do they want to spoil evryones day !!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:27 pm

16silverhillbobbank wrote:im not the best with my temper and all this steward stuff id gonna lead to me getting kicked out for retaliating !!! are they human why do they want to spoil evryones day !!!!

2 other stewards, as well as the gimp, threatened me with expulsion from the stadium yesterday, so I might'nt even get the opportunity to defend myself. The thing is, if I just sit down and let them bully me into sitting, I feel like I'm letting the players down. They target me specifically, and I have been accused of being an instigator, ringleader etc - I'm just TRYING to give my all in order to help improve our chances of winning, same as any other loyal, passionate fan would.

I am sick to the teeth of it now, although I know my complaint will not be listened to.