Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE LOAN SYSTEM - I Think

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:43 am

These are the rules that affect our current situation. Sorry if I bore anyone.

47.3 There shall be two categories of temporary loan transfers allowed: Standard Loans and Emergency Loans. Simple so far.

47.3.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (either Standard or Emergency) can be named in the sixteen Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match. We know about this, we can have MORE than 5 players on loan but only 5 can make the team sheet.

47.3.2 No more than 4 loan Players (either Standard or Emergency) may join one Club from another Club in any Season. Shouldn't be a problem unless we officially become Arsenal's feeder club.

48.1.1 Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. For example; Bellamy is a Full Season Standard Loan and JET is a Half Season Standard Loan.

A recall clause can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and the recall can only occur during the second (January) Registration Period. There may have been recall clauses in the loans of Bellamy, Koumas, Oli, Keogh or Drinkwater, if there were they haven't been activated this January.

48.1.3 A Club can have a maximum of 4 Players under 23 and a further 4 Players over 23 on a Standard Loan during any Season. Up to our max on over 23's (Bellamy, Keogh, Oli & Koumas) and now two under 23 (Drinkwater & JET).

48.1.4 No more than 2 Players who are over 23 may join one Club from another Club on a Standard Loan in any Season. No problem here so we can still bring in Tevez. :D

48.1.5 Standard Loans which subsequently become permanent transfers shall not count against a Club's quota of such Standard Loans for that Season. The only way for us to bring in another over 23 on loan would be if we struck a deal to buy either Bellamy (no chance), Keogh (I think not), Koumas (not wanted) or Oli (is it worth a try?). If we did not sign one of these it would mean any potential deal for Gabbidon would have to be permanent.

48.2.1 Emergency Loans are permitted during the Registration Periods (out of season and January). They can also be signed up to 5pm on the fourth Thursday in November; and up to 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March. There is a 7 day closed period after the deadline days in August and January. Self explanatory.

49, the minimum duration of any Emergency Loan shall be 28 days and the maximum duration 93 days. The loan period is inclusive of the starting date and the finishing date. Emergency Loans may contain a break clause but only where that break clause is exercisable after the expiry of the initial 28 day period of the Emergency Loan. So although Ramsey is here as an emergency loan for 28 days it can be extended up to 93 days but with Arsenal able to call him back at anytime. It also means that the maximum loan would finish about the 29th April, which is why clubs lose players before Play-Offs, not that this needs to worry us :ayatollah: Top Two Only Guys.

Finally Emergency Loans DO NOT COUNT when a player moves clubs. They can only play for two clubs in a season but that only includes transfers and standard loans (checking the standard loan bit now). The problem with Grella going to Motherwell was that in Scotland Emergency Loans DO count and he had already played for Leeds and Carlisle.

Re: THE LOAN SYSTEM - I Think

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Wayne S wrote:These are the rules that affect our current situation. Sorry if I bore anyone.

47.3 There shall be two categories of temporary loan transfers allowed: Standard Loans and Emergency Loans. Simple so far.

47.3.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (either Standard or Emergency) can be named in the sixteen Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match. We know about this, we can have MORE than 5 players on loan but only 5 can make the team sheet.

47.3.2 No more than 4 loan Players (either Standard or Emergency) may join one Club from another Club in any Season. Shouldn't be a problem unless we officially become Arsenal's feeder club.

48.1.1 Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. For example; Bellamy is a Full Season Standard Loan and JET is a Half Season Standard Loan.

A recall clause can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and the recall can only occur during the second (January) Registration Period. There may have been recall clauses in the loans of Bellamy, Koumas, Oli, Keogh or Drinkwater, if there were they haven't been activated this January.

48.1.3 A Club can have a maximum of 4 Players under 23 and a further 4 Players over 23 on a Standard Loan during any Season. Up to our max on over 23's (Bellamy, Keogh, Oli & Koumas) and now two under 23 (Drinkwater & JET).

48.1.4 No more than 2 Players who are over 23 may join one Club from another Club on a Standard Loan in any Season. No problem here so we can still bring in Tevez. :D

48.1.5 Standard Loans which subsequently become permanent transfers shall not count against a Club's quota of such Standard Loans for that Season. The only way for us to bring in another over 23 on loan would be if we struck a deal to buy either Bellamy (no chance), Keogh (I think not), Koumas (not wanted) or Oli (is it worth a try?). If we did not sign one of these it would mean any potential deal for Gabbidon would have to be permanent.

48.2.1 Emergency Loans are permitted during the Registration Periods (out of season and January). They can also be signed up to 5pm on the fourth Thursday in November; and up to 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March. There is a 7 day closed period after the deadline days in August and January. Self explanatory.

49, the minimum duration of any Emergency Loan shall be 28 days and the maximum duration 93 days. The loan period is inclusive of the starting date and the finishing date. Emergency Loans may contain a break clause but only where that break clause is exercisable after the expiry of the initial 28 day period of the Emergency Loan. So although Ramsey is here as an emergency loan for 28 days it can be extended up to 93 days but with Arsenal able to call him back at anytime. It also means that the maximum loan would finish about the 29th April, which is why clubs lose players before Play-Offs, not that this needs to worry us :ayatollah: Top Two Only Guys.

Finally Emergency Loans DO NOT COUNT when a player moves clubs. They can only play for two clubs in a season but that only includes transfers and standard loans (checking the standard loan bit now). The problem with Grella going to Motherwell was that in Scotland Emergency Loans DO count and he had already played for Leeds and Carlisle.

Wayne

Regarding your last point. Whilst you are correct that the Grella move fell foul of the fact that it was cross border and FIFA stopped it because in such transfers they regard Emergency loans as counting, someone also posted a link yesteday which I can't now find which suggested that FIFA 's view is that they should also count in internal transfers as well.

There have been several cases where players have played for 3 clubs within the English league system because the FA don't count Emergency Loans. FIFA want to close this loophole.

If I find the link again I will add it later.

Regards

Elwood

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Thannks for the info Wayne that makes it all pretty clear. One question - it is talking about 5 loan players in the matchday 16 but e are now allowed 7 subs so is there any change n that rule?

From that it is clear tht our options o loan over 23' players is closed unless we took the only feasible option and buy Oli.

That rules out Gabbss as a loan player then and I'm not sure we want him back permanently with his injury record. Wooddgate is also a non-starter on that basis. Personally I think we should have bought someone ike Morison as C or look around the lower leagues or championship strugglers to find young up and coming enthusiastic players at LB and CB.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Wayne

There have been several cases where players have played for 3 clubs within the English league system because the FA don't count Emergency Loans. FIFA want to close this loophole.

Regards

Elwood

Lets hope the loophole is still on place or we can get him on the pitch before Arsenal notice. Surely another standard loan is best we could have him right to the end of the season then. Wenger can't really want him back this season, he'd be taking up a place in their squad whilst not being available through February

Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Cheers for that Wayne. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: