Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Silent Stadium

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:55 am

It breaks my heart to see 25,000 city fans at CCS and the away fans out sing and taunt us about the atmosphere,

A few years ago I used to watch Man City when they moved to their new stadium (because I used to live there) and they suffured the same problem has us, the Stadium was dead with no atmosphere apart from the away fans, I think even Alex Ferguson called it the DEAD stadium , but having been there recently the place is now ROCKING.

IMO it is only down to the supporters sorting themselves out on where there sit and congrating together, so with this in mind I will be re-locating my season tckt from the Canton to the Ninian next season,

Support the boys and make some noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are your opimions????????????

Re: The Silent Stadium

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:13 am

think that would help big time if the majority of fans got in the ninian stand...create that old bob bank feeling in there,and then slowlyget a few more fans in the family stand (few old heads in there already) ...get either side of the away fans and the atmosphere and the banter will improve big time :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:31 am

I know what your saying, but I just can't for the life of me grasp why you feel the need to make a fairly negative thread after the week of positive news we have had. Let's see a great performance today from a team with boosted morale and I'm sure that will get the crowd going, as for the seating arrangements, there's not much we can do til they go on sale for next season, so let's not dwell on the matter.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:34 am

In fairness I dont think it is a negative thread. Its true that the atmosphere is not where we want it. But he offers a solution and evidence where it has worked.
Spot on brawd!

Support the boys and make some noise! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:39 am

I think a lot of people will be moving from the canton to the Ninian stand next season. I for one, will be doing it. I think next season will see an improvement in atmosphere.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:42 am

Having read through it again, yeah you are right, it was fairly constructive,I apologise. There are a number of threads trying to organise us better going about, and I'm sure that prior to next seasons sales Annis will be on the case trying go get us organised. I phoned the ticket office reference moving yesterday, as I'm in a fairly quiet block (112) but there is no enough seats together for my 3 mates and I, so we will have to wait for next seasons sales.
Roll on getting us all together, I'm sure annis will work in conjunction with the other board in getting us situated to 'support the boys......'

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:43 am

Gavlar wrote:I know what your saying, but I just can't for the life of me grasp why you feel the need to make a fairly negative thread after the week of positive news we have had. Let's see a great performance today from a team with boosted morale and I'm sure that will get the crowd going, as for the seating arrangements, there's not much we can do til they go on sale for next season, so let's not dwell on the matter.

Because Atmosphere at a Football Stadium is so important to Our Club and why I fell in LOve with City was because of Our Passionate Fans. Atmosphere also have you forgot means an AWFUL LOT TO OUR 11 PLAYERS ON THE PITCH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: