Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

with all this money about

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:10 pm

With all this money apparently available can't we please give some to the bloody groundstaff to buy those artificial lights to save the pitch. Will be an embarrassment to have such a talented line up playing on muddy sand!

Re: with all this money about

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:14 pm

I have to agree It looked terrible on Tuesday and for the Leeds game

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:42 pm

A vey good point - how we can we play attractive football on that.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:45 pm

shadwellblue wrote:With all this money apparently available can't we please give some to the bloody groundstaff to buy those artificial lights to save the pitch. Will be an embarrassment to have such a talented line up playing on muddy sand!

+1

The pitch is looking terrible and we got the Eggers turfing it up!

for £75,000 i dont see why Tan cant tip his copper jar upside down once in a blue moon!

Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:15 pm

To be fair I'm told its nothing to do with the rugby.

Also the lighting rigs cost about £250k I think and around £100k per year to use. Can't think why so expensive to run though.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:22 pm

shadwellblue wrote:To be fair I'm told its nothing to do with the rugby.

Also the lighting rigs cost about £250k I think and around £100k per year to use. Can't think why so expensive to run though.

Both Wayne Nash and Alan Flitcroft have said in the past that the lighting rig costs over £300k.

I don`t know the annual running costs , but it will be expensive because of the special bulbs (and there are loads of them on each rig) which are designed to recreate natural sunlight to assist the grass growth.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:52 pm

2 Arsenal quality players who are taught to stroke the ball across the grass going from the Emeritates to a mud bath.

Billionaire owners and no lights!

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:59 pm

Cant we do some sort of deal where we can borrow them off the Millennium Stadium, as they have them. Or if we cant afford ha! ha! 300 grand upfront get them on the never never, cause sooner or later we are definitely going to need them.