Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COULD PARKIN AND BOTHROYD PLAY TOGETHER

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:13 am

i think it could be gd what do u think

Re: COULD PARKIN AND BOTHROYD PLAY TOGETHER

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:28 am

In a 4-3-3 formation or even a 3-4-3 with either Bellamy or Chopra running off them.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:31 am

i think it could work with john being the target man and jay off him :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:38 am

Jay has a considerable amount of pace which makes him useful both as a target man and as a man who can play of the big man. I reckon it might actually be a potentially more dangerous partnership than one of them with Chopra.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:36 am

Play parkin and jay up top together against the jacks...wont have a clue whats hit them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:38 am

The bring Chopra on for the final 25 minutes to run them ragged!

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:38 am

Parkin
bellamy, chopra, bothroyd, jet, burke,
whits, oli,
who would care ?
heaton,

defenders only to be brought on as subs when no less than 5 up

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:41 am

against swansea jones will have parkin burke chopra and jet on the bench.
koumas will get a full game :roll:

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:43 am

Not for me, I prefer a bit of balance up top with a target man to hold up the ball, win flick ons and pick up the pieces outside the box and a small, nippy partner alongside him who gets in behind defenders and puts away chances in the six yard box. I think Jay and Parkin would take up similar positions to eachother and nether like running in behind. No doubt they will play together at some point, and both are good players so will give it a good go but personally If we are going to continue to play 442 then I'd rather Chops or Bellers alongside one of them! When you actually think of our forward options Jay, Chops, Bellers, Keogh, JET, Whitts, Burke and Koumas it looks unbelievable on paper!

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:52 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Not for me, I prefer a bit of balance up top with a target man to hold up the ball, win flick ons and pick up the pieces outside the box and a small, nippy partner alongside him who gets in behind defenders and puts away chances in the six yard box. I think Jay and Parkin would take up similar positions to eachother and nether like running in behind. No doubt they will play together at some point, and both are good players so will give it a good go but personally If we are going to continue to play 442 then I'd rather Chops or Bellers alongside one of them! When you actually think of our forward options Jay, Chops, Bellers, Keogh, JET, Whitts, Burke and Koumas it looks unbelievable on paper!

thats what im talking about the target man to do what he needs then 5 nippy players behinmd him to pick up the flick ons and pieces

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:57 am

jinks/cwm wrote:against swansea jones will have parkin burke chopra and jet on the bench.

lol against swansea we will have mcnaughton, gyepes, hutton,kienan,blake, naylor, oli, drinkwater, rae, parkin

with koumas, john, blake, matthews, keogh on the bench

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:58 am

welsh_wallace wrote:
jinks/cwm wrote:against swansea jones will have parkin burke chopra and jet on the bench.

lol against swansea we will have mcnaughton, gyepes, hutton,kienan,blake, naylor, oli, drinkwater, rae, parkin

with koumas, john, blake, matthews, keogh on the bench

f**k me i got blake coming on for himself there, good luck with that son

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:58 am

welsh_wallace wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Not for me, I prefer a bit of balance up top with a target man to hold up the ball, win flick ons and pick up the pieces outside the box and a small, nippy partner alongside him who gets in behind defenders and puts away chances in the six yard box. I think Jay and Parkin would take up similar positions to eachother and nether like running in behind. No doubt they will play together at some point, and both are good players so will give it a good go but personally If we are going to continue to play 442 then I'd rather Chops or Bellers alongside one of them! When you actually think of our forward options Jay, Chops, Bellers, Keogh, JET, Whitts, Burke and Koumas it looks unbelievable on paper!

thats what im talking about the target man to do what he needs then 5 nippy players behinmd him to pick up the flick ons and pieces

It will be interesting, they are good players so could make it work but i think they could get in eachother's way. Great option to have though and will give DJ a few headaches!

Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:47 pm

I definitely think they can play together and I'd especially like to see it against the jacks, we haven't been able to beat them at their passing game due to a certain individual being tactically inept so lets try and f*** them up instead.

All the jacks moan about our long ball because they know they couldn't deal with it if we played it fully against them. Over the last few games we've always had a key player out. If we had the lumps upfront Williams and Tate (CB? now that Monk is out) would be constantly bundled about and not like the battle.

Get Burke down the right and Bellamy down the left with two holding midfielders and we'd be set for a good old fashion rugged derby! Lots of physical battles and high balls, back to the derbies of old! Because let's face it, no-one gives a shit if the game is good football or great to watch, we want some big challenges, tussles and a result end of. (at least that's what I want!)

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:49 pm

looking forward 2 the jacks game even more now with a full strength squad sumthing we havent had for a while against them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: