Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we sign nobody else-

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:05 pm

If that's DJ done in the transfer window(obviously we all hop not!)

Then these 2 teams don't look so bad-

Heaton

McNaughton--------Hudson---------Keinan----------Naylor
JET---------Olifinjana------------Whitts-------------Bellamy

Chopra------Bothroyd

Marshall

Matthews----------Gypes----------Blake-------------Quinn

Burke------------Drinkwater-----McPhail----------Koumas
Parkin-----------Keogh

I know there are weaknesses (in red) but this squad has got to be reason to be optimistic hasn't it? It's already a stronger squad than at the start of the month!

Let's have some positivity around here!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: If we sign nobody else-

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:10 pm

We've got the players that should be in the top two anyway but for whatever reason Jones hasn't managed it. So I can't say I have total faith that signing any more players will make a difference. If it ended right now though the team I would play would be...

Marshall

Quinn----Hudson----Keinan-----McNaughton

Burke----JET------Olofinjana/Drinkwater------Bellamy

Chopra----Bothroyd

I still rate Marshall over Heaton. Goals we conceded when Marshall were in were mainly due to the defence. However, the goals Heaton concedes seem to be mistakes he makes. They're both decent keepers but Marshall edges it for me.

Keinan might not even be any good but I'd still give him a go ahead of what we have.

JET in the middle instead of Whittingham because he'll offer more than Whitts and over the whole game rather than just 2 minutes each game. I want to keep Oli there, but he's on bad form right now and Drinkwater is always a decent option.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Zabier wrote:We've got the players that should be in the top two anyway but for whatever reason Jones hasn't managed it. So I can't say I have total faith that signing any more players will make a difference. If it ended right now though the team I would play would be...

Marshall

Quinn----Hudson----Keinan-----McNaughton

Burke----JET------Olofinjana/Drinkwater------Bellamy

Chopra----Bothroyd

I still rate Marshall over Heaton. Goals we conceded when Marshall were in were mainly due to the defence. However, the goals Heaton concedes seem to be mistakes he makes. They're both decent keepers but Marshall edges it for me.

Keinan might not even be any good but I'd still give him a go ahead of what we have.

JET in the middle instead of Whittingham because he'll offer more than Whitts and over the whole game rather than just 2 minutes each game. I want to keep Oli there, but he's on bad form right now and Drinkwater is always a decent option.

JET in the middle could be a good shout - Him and Oli would look pretty intimidating! Although size isn't everything!! :oops: :oops:

Jet would have to be disciplined though, depends how attacking he'd be-him bombing forward, along with Burke and Bellamy from the midfield would mean we could see plenty of the Keinan and Hudson pairing!

Still think there are good options there, up to DJ to get the best out of them. I don't think he could complain about the squad much.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Marshall or Heaton there isn't much in it for me.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:20 pm

I would play Blake at right back but I also think Quinn has done well since he has came back. plus I still can not see what Whits has done wrong I would have him in instead of drinkwater but we will have different teams and Jones will pick what he likes at the end of the day