Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ash Williams Twitter

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Has blocked me because of this

AshWills84 Ashley Williams
"@Amingtonrovers: @AshWills84 is it true you are from tamworth. I live there">It is true
19 Jan
in reply to ↑

@NRHowells
Nathan Howells
@AshWills84 and yet you play for Wales?Wh@'s the point in anyone have a nationality may aswell pick and choose! Not a dig at you personally
19 Jan via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Reply Delete

:lol: :lol: What a sad tw*t typical jack

Re: Ash Williams Twitter

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 pm

And before anyone bitches at me, that's MY OPINION and when he wears the red of Wales I back him, but I just don't get football players in general, Look at all the players from African countries yet play for France its bullshit!

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:50 pm

I am of the opinion that you should play for the nation where you are born. Saying that, I have lived in Wales all my life. I don't know how someone born in England but who considers themselves Welsh would feel? In my opinion, as much of a knob as I think he is, if he wants to play for Wales over England then fair enough.

However, I can't help but feel there are some out there who don't give a shit about the badge and just want an international cap. Is it James Morrison who was dithering about whether to play for England or Scotland and only made his decision when he realised he didn't stand a chance of playing for England?

I would advise you stop stalking Swansea players on Twitter... might get yourself a rep! :D

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:21 pm

On the "africans playing for France" argument, well, there isn't one. The very vast majority of "africans" who play for France were raised in France and through the French league system - and it seems only fair that if they've got the talent from the french fa that they pay it back by helping out the french fa.

Also, you have to remember that most of the african countries were colonised by france until halfway through the last century. Most of them still speak French as a first language and there really isn't much difference.

Go any further and you'll sound like Jean Marie Le Pen :lol:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Same with Dutch players from the Antilles and Suriname

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:35 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:Same with Dutch players from the Antilles and Suriname

Podolski and Klose are both Polish but play for Germany.

f**k that jack b*stard though.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:56 pm

f**k all this grandad shit!! if your born in wales you play for wales, if your english then go play for england!

thats how it should be

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:59 pm

I don't mind non Welsh players playing for us aslong as they have a decent connection with Wales. For example, I was born in England, but my family are Welsh and I've grown up in England. But I would never think of myself as English. Welsh through and through. :ayatollah:

As for Williams, I've always found him decent on Twitter. Seems like a nice guy.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:00 pm

f**k all this grandad shit!! if your born in wales you play for wales, if your english then go play for england!

thats how it should be

So if your missus was pregnant and you were on holiday in Andorra for example and she suddenly dropped a couple of months early, he should only be eligible for Andorra and not Wales?

Ridiculous.
Last edited by NJ73 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:01 pm

PhatFrog wrote:I don't mind non Welsh players playing for us aslong as they have a decent connection with Wales. For example, I was born in England, but my family are Welsh and I've grown up in England. But I would never think of myself as English. Welsh through and through. :ayatollah:

As for Williams, I've always found him decent on Twitter. Seems like a nice guy.

I meant I was raised in Wales, not England. *idiot* :lol:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm a Cardiffian and a proud welshman, my missus is from the North (St Asaph). Both my girls are born in Poole but are big City fans. One is a karate freak and the other a lovely swimmer in their leisure time. Both have 100% welsh blood but if they choose to represent England I will be proud as punch. I don't buy this play for your country malarky.