Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I don't care if he's a Jack......!

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:24 am

But Darren Pratley is exactly what we need in the centre of the park!!

Enough said! ;)

Re: I don't care if he's a Jack......!

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:29 am

Merlin wrote:But Darren Pratley is exactly what we need in the centre of the park!!

Enough said! ;)

Spot on Craig, I would love to have a player like him :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 am

i'd love it if the michael brown rumour doing the rounds came off.........i think we got enough creativity, we need a dirty hard b*stard to sit there and rough the opposition up....some say its not football, but every team needs a player like that to do the horrible side of things.....Real madrid always said of their team early 2000's that won champions league and titles that makelele was their best player......oli was doing it but he seems a bit soft for his size tbh

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:41 am

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pratley???

This is the guy who gave the old 'swim away' hands after scoring against us

f**k him

Anyway its only last cpl games he has done anything, he's been on the bench for that shower of shit down the road

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:41 am

We need someone ready to start kicking lumps out of the scum, and I couldn't think of anyone better than prattley and Bellamy! :lol:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:44 am

BEEP AHM wrote:UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pratley???

This is the guy who gave the old 'swim away' hands after scoring against us

f**k him

Anyway its only last cpl games he has done anything, he's been on the bench for that shower of shit down the road

And if he played for us he'd do the ayatollah! So what's the problem, players are always under pressure to appease the fans.... No matter how much money they earn!

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:48 am

Merlin,

Doing the ayatollah and the swim away bollox is slightly different don't you think fella?

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:16 am

not when the ayatollah is done in front of the jacks, it always rubs them up the wrong way same as the swim away seems to do to us...its just banter ffs

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:35 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:not when the ayatollah is done in front of the jacks, it always rubs them up the wrong way same as the swim away seems to do to us...its just banter ffs

The Ayatollah is a unique action that has no awkward background, just a bit of fun.

Swim Away, although unique is born from hooliganism and violence and if a player does it, it's like condoning that behaviour. Remember Gazza and his flute celebration.

I can understand their fans doing it as it's all they have and unfortunately speaks to their mentality, but players should know better.

Saying that I would still love him here.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 am

He ran to the camera giving it the swim away bollox. He's a tw*t and there is no point going on with this debate

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:49 am

Wayne S wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:not when the ayatollah is done in front of the jacks, it always rubs them up the wrong way same as the swim away seems to do to us...its just banter ffs

The Ayatollah is a unique action that has no awkward background, just a bit of fun.

Swim Away, although unique is born from hooliganism and violence and if a player does it, it's like condoning that behaviour. Remember Gazza and his flute celebration.

I can understand their fans doing it as it's all they have and unfortunately speaks to their mentality, but players should know better.

i see what your saying, but its a cardiff thing. if someone does the ayatollah to the jacks they hate it simple. swim away is the same thing, ok its based on a story about hooliganism but how many cardiff fans were there that day? not many i would have thought. who cares about the backround. they know how to rile us and we know how to rile them its a derby thats what teams do.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:50 am

Would Gary O'Neil be an alternative?

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:01 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

i see what your saying, but its a cardiff thing. if someone does the ayatollah to the jacks they hate it simple. swim away is the same thing, ok its based on a story about hooliganism but how many cardiff fans were there that day? not many i would have thought. who cares about the backround. they know how to rile us and we know how to rile them its a derby thats what teams do.

Exactly, no one died ffs. I'm sure if it was the other way around, we would be giving it to them. I dont like the personal abuse they give DJ, thats way out of order. But some of our lot are just as sick in the head with the 'gas a jack' chants.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:02 am

Pratley tends to go missing in games at times. People notice when he scores, that's about it.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:04 am

BEEP AHM wrote:He ran to the camera giving it the swim away bollox. He's a tw*t and there is no point going on with this debate

This^^^^^

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:07 am

:evil3: PRATLEY IS A c**t & A LOW LIFE :violent3: :violent2: :violent1: :smilebox:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:43 am

If the swim away winds you up then you need anger management lessons.

Every time I see it I can't fail to laugh, that they're still clinging on to a pathetic fooligan incident that happened over 20 years ago. You see little kids doing it as well, it's like it goes down in folklore in Jack land and the mams and dads and brothers and sisters (only two people) tell it to the kids before they go to sleep in the caravan at 4 in the morning after dad's finished beating mam up.

I don't hate Swansea - I only pity them :P

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:52 am

I'll probably get slated for saying this but we could do with having ledley back. Seems to be energy missing from the middle of the park (drinkwater gave that to us at the start of the season, and ledley gave it to us whilst he was here).

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:28 pm

bluebird_mike wrote:I'll probably get slated for saying this but we could do with having ledley back. Seems to be energy missing from the middle of the park (drinkwater gave that to us at the start of the season, and ledley gave it to us whilst he was here).

Are you ready for your slatting :twisted:

I actually agree with you.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:41 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:He ran to the camera giving it the swim away bollox. He's a tw*t and there is no point going on with this debate

This^^^^^

not this!

This was not the point of my thread. It doesn't say "Ayatollah v Swim away"

All I'm saying is id take pratley over mcphail, Rae, drinkwater, He'd be a decent addition to any championship squad.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Merlin wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:

This^^^^^

not this!

This was not the point of my thread. It doesn't say "Ayatollah v Swim away"

All I'm saying is id take pratley over mcphail, Rae, drinkwater, He'd be a decent addition to any championship squad.

:director: GET OUT :bootyshake: Dont care about his ability, he is a horrible b*stard. END OFF, get back to work :banghead:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:41 pm

stan ogdens neck wrote:Exactly, no one died ffs. I'm sure if it was the other way around, we would be giving it to them. I dont like the personal abuse they give DJ, thats way out of order. But some of our lot are just as sick in the head with the 'gas a jack' chants.

I don't care what the fans chant the point was the player should know better. You don't see players talking trash about gasing a jack or the false accusations against DJ (well, apart from one...) it should be the same with swim away.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:07 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:i'd love it if the michael brown rumour doing the rounds came off.........i think we got enough creativity, we need a dirty hard b*stard to sit there and rough the opposition up....some say its not football, but every team needs a player like that to do the horrible side of things.....Real madrid always said of their team early 2000's that won champions league and titles that makelele was their best player......oli was doing it but he seems a bit soft for his size tbh

Would loved to have signed him mate like u say we need a dog in MF, was there ever any substance in that or was it just a rumour? :ayatollah: