Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Leon Britton

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:40 am

I see Sheffield United are letting Leon Britton go on a free transfer. swansea are going back for him, how would you feel if DJ brought him in? I think barring being a jack he'd be a good acquisition to the midfield. We could do with a defensive midfielder to protect our vulnerable back 4.

Re: Leon Britton

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:42 am

Jacks press conference today announcing he's back ................... I dont think he's the type of player we need at the mo unless we can get rid of Wildig , Koumas , Mc Phail and Rae in 1 go ?? :lol:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:48 am

Jacks press conference today announcing he's back ................... I dont think he's the type of player we need at the mo unless we can get rid of Wildig , Koumas , Mc Phail and Rae in 1 go ??

Well out of the players above I'd loan wildig out for the rest of the season, send Koumas back if possible, keep mcphail as back up and let Rae go on a free. I do think we need a defensive midfielder as Oli's form has taken a bit of a nose dive lately and we got no one else who can really mix it up in the centre although I think McNaughton could do a job in centre midfield.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:55 am

turn the clock back a few seasons and we need players in of the quality we had in James Harper and Gary O Neill ........ both midfielders who got stuck in and could actually beat a man , go on a run and pass ! How many of the current centre MF players at the mo have the ability to all 4 of the above ?? :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:02 am

Will the jacks welcome him back with open arms though? When he left they weren't too happy calling him a mercanary etc etc..... Will be rather comical to see their pathetic responses now! :lol:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:16 am

Harper and O'Niel both classic examples of what we need!

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:34 am

Merlin wrote:Will the jacks welcome him back with open arms though? When he left they weren't too happy calling him a mercanary etc etc..... Will be rather comical to see their pathetic responses now! :lol:

Would you have welcomed Routledge back with open arms if he had wanted to come back to us? I seem to remember quite a few of our fans calling him a few choice names. Myself, I would have had him back in a shot, and I wouldn't give a flying f"ck what others think. They are all mercenaries at the end of the day.