Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JUST ME AND GOOGLE[BOT]...

Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:42 am

...and why I love Cardiff City Football Club

Since I'm the only registered user on right now I'm going to explain why someone living in California is following everything that happens and has a subscription to Cardiff City Player.
In 1977 my schoolmates said I should come to a football game against Spurs. We had a few in town and I remember bumping into people in Queen Street on the way to the ground. So of course through blurry vision I see Peter Sayer knock it in after ten minutes and I was never the same person again. I remember being carried 20 yards to the front of the Grange End, C - A - R - D - I - F - F was ringing out. The FA cup was pretty important I remember.

Not long after we play Everton and one of the greatest injustices of our history as Duncan McKenzie trips Lamour to rob the ball and gets away with it. I was right there I saw the trip. There's no question, I'd only had four pints. That game had all the elements I hear fans talking about on this site, the atmosphere at Ninian Park that day was unbelievable, I'll never forget it. The Everton fans were crammed into a central portion of the bob bank and giving plenty. Our chants? "You're gonna get your....", "You're going home in a ..." - ah, those were the days.
Later that season the Chelsea game at home...any other members there that day? Quite the day out that was.

I started working overseas shortly after and have rearely had a chance to see a live game but never lost my love of this club.
It's going to be an exciting second half of the season and whatever happens.....
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: JUST ME AND GOOGLE[BOT]...

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:30 am

I have a friend who went to that Everton game. He went in the Grange End with all his mates, only problem was, he was an Everton fan. So when McKenzie scored, without thinking, he started celebrating and then realised where he was. Luckily he got saved from a good kicking by his mate telling everyone it was his first football game and didn't know what colour Cardiff was :lol:

Anyways, what the hell is a GoogleBot? I've noticed them before.

Re: JUST ME AND GOOGLE[BOT]...

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:02 am

alexc wrote:...and why I love Cardiff City Football Club

Since I'm the only registered user on right now I'm going to explain why someone living in California is following everything that happens and has a subscription to Cardiff City Player.
In 1977 my schoolmates said I should come to a football game against Spurs. We had a few in town and I remember bumping into people in Queen Street on the way to the ground. So of course through blurry vision I see Peter Sayer knock it in after ten minutes and I was never the same person again. I remember being carried 20 yards to the front of the Grange End, C - A - R - D - I - F - F was ringing out. The FA cup was pretty important I remember.

Not long after we play Everton and one of the greatest injustices of our history as Duncan McKenzie trips Lamour to rob the ball and gets away with it. I was right there I saw the trip. There's no question, I'd only had four pints. That game had all the elements I hear fans talking about on this site, the atmosphere at Ninian Park that day was unbelievable, I'll never forget it. The Everton fans were crammed into a central portion of the bob bank and giving plenty. Our chants? "You're gonna get your....", "You're going home in a ..." - ah, those were the days.
Later that season the Chelsea game at home...any other members there that day? Quite the day out that was.

I started working overseas shortly after and have rearely had a chance to see a live game but never lost my love of this club.
It's going to be an exciting second half of the season and whatever happens.....
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wrexham & Spurs were awesome games and the Grange-end was really bouncing, Peter Sayer was the hero. Then along came Dave Jones & his Toffees to spoil the run, great days which I miss dearly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: