Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Spanish 2nd Division Players

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Just watching the Real Betis-v-Barcelona cup match and am impressed with some of their players. Players who have performed well over both legs.

Molina 28 years old - Scored 6 goals in 12 games
Emana 28 years old - Scored 10 goals in 14 games
Castro 29 years old - Scored 14 goals in 20 games

They are top of the Segunda League (2nd Division). However the values of these players seem substantially lower than over here.

I just wonder whether its worth looking at.

Dont get me wrong. I share many would prefer the sun as opposed to the weather we get. But I would be very surprised if we couldnt beat what they are on at the moment.

Re: Spanish 2nd Division Players

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:51 pm

Yeah they all look like very good players but there must be a reason we don't go for players like that, you dont see them signed anywhere else abroad either really.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:58 pm

Its because our scouting network ends at UK Border Control!

With all of Wigans immense resources how can they sign players, from Central America, on free transfers and then sell then 12 months later for £10m.

Were bigger than Wigan......

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:59 pm

Betis are quite a big team though, probably like a Newcastle in that they weren't supposed to get relegated.

Worked for Swansea though I suppose...

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:46 am

Seems like players over in Spain, Italy, Germany etc like to stay in their own countries and the clubs mainly have players from their own country in the starting XI, unlike over here

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:59 am

Spanish football style way different to that of British football...