Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

how much extra would the policing costs be

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:53 pm

to swap the canton to the grange? per game or per season?

Re: how much extra would the policing costs be

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Out of interest, why do people feel the need to be next to the away fans to be able to create an atmosphere?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:03 pm

NJ73 wrote:Out of interest, why do people feel the need to be next to the away fans to be able to create an atmosphere?

Banter with the away fans.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 pm

Dafydd wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Out of interest, why do people feel the need to be next to the away fans to be able to create an atmosphere?

Don't you mean batter the away fans :lol:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Dafydd wrote:

Can't you do that from the other stand that is next to them?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:19 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Dafydd wrote:

Can't you do that from the other stand that is next to them?

Oh my bad, didn't read the question fully.

The families are getting constant shit from away fans. Case and point, Sjoke fan getting kicked out yesterday because of it.

As for my original point, having fans on both sides of the away fans that will actually sing makes it a more intimidating atmosphere for away fans and having two sets of home fans close like that gives you more chance of having songs going, and a better atmosphere going, instead of the pile of shite that is currently being witnessed regularly at the CCS.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Also, fans in Canton like to be behind the goals.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:48 am

can someone answer my question if not dont post on this thread ffs :roll:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:50 am

jinks/cwm wrote:to swap the canton to the grange? per game or per season?

I can't see there being any difference. The police decide how many bods are required for a particular match. and distribute them accordingly. It's wrapped up pretty tight as it is.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:43 pm

jinks/cwm wrote:can someone answer my question if not dont post on this thread ffs :roll:

I recall someone quoting a trust meeting on here, where I think they said 300k a match was saved? It was on here, I'm sure

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:54 pm

jinks/cwm wrote:can someone answer my question if not dont post on this thread ffs :roll:

touchy :lol:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:05 pm

£300k is a ridiculous figure. If it is that then I can see why they're doing it! However, I can't see how it would cost £300k a match. I'm not that very well informed though.

I'd love to see the two ends swapped though. Nothing better than having away fans cornered by a mob of passionate fans rather than just having the banter on one side.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm not able to search because I'm in work, but search for 'trust meeting' or something like that. I think the poster was able to remember everyrhing from the meeting

Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:

touchy :lol:

it winds me up mun :lol:

on the other messageboard you can post a new topic about the team formation and then have posters drifting way off topic and posting about english breakfasts or what time their flight to canada is :twisted: :evil:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:09 pm

i had a full english this morning....bacon, eggs sausages, black pudding, fried bread......what did you guys have :D

Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:15 pm

heres the topic is was in

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25087&p=236801&hilit=cost+swap+family+and+canton#p236801

its a few posts down where the meeting is brought up :D

Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:58 pm

300 a season, that was it. Good man John wayne.

I think the saving is being used more to back up their argument, rather than the saving being of great benefit.