Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not scoring enough at home!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Despite the slating the defense has taken this season, quite rightly in my view, it is interesting now looking at the table and seeing that in the top 10 we have the second weakest goals for at home. In fact looking at the table we aren't scoring nearly enough goals compared to most teams in the top 15.. only 4 teams have scored less.

Conceeding goals away is obviously a big problem for us.. we have let in 21 away from home... the worst record in the top 10.. we don't seem to have any problems scoring away although the Leeds result may have helped with us having the second best (after Watford) goals for away from home.

So I welcome both new defenders and attackers.. stats prove they are needed. Perhaps a central midfield player is now on the cards with McPhail being injured.

I think Jones will probably deploy jay emanuel thomas as an attacking midfielder or right/left winger rather than a striker... perhaps pushing him up if we need to.

Problem I have is that I have no faith in Jones to tactically manage them all in order to consistently get results.

Re: Not scoring enough at home!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Yeh mate i thnk JET will play in the centre with olly :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Yeh mate i thnk JET will play in the centre with olly :ayatollah:

i dont think hes that good TBH i think we need to get a bit more pace yes hes a big lad but havent we already got enough.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:01 pm

True mate but our MF was non exsistant at norwich the other day,think it could be a gd partnership as like u say he is a big lad,heres hopin

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm

lagerlewis wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Yeh mate i thnk JET will play in the centre with olly :ayatollah:

i dont think hes that good TBH i think we need to get a bit more pace yes hes a big lad but havent we already got enough.

ive watched him couple times on youtube resembles jay give him a couple more years but not now.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm

lagerlewis wrote:

He's super quick, strong and can go past people. Good signing imo.