Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" QPR WILL BE CHAMPIONS IN MY OPINION "

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Securing Routledge was the icing on the cake, Just My Opinion.
And with Neil Warnock's track record on Promotions, I would be stunned if We finished higher than them.

Please feel Free to Shoot me down, I will keep this Topic for MAY 2011 .

Re: " QPR WILL BE CHAMPIONS IN MY OPINION "

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Securing Routledge was the icing on the cake, Just My Opinion.
And with Neil Warnock's track record on Promotions, I would be stunned if We finished higher than them.

What happened to, "We've got the best squad in this division?" :) :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:06 pm

They will definitely go up especially if they get the players they are chasing!

I still think we will be pushing for the title though.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Securing Routledge was the icing on the cake, Just My Opinion.

Yes We have without doubt, But they got the best manager in my opinion.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 pm

I disagree and on this occasion I sincerely hope your wrong! ;)

Although all the facts are stacked in favour of what your saying...long way to go though, and as soon as squad size comes into it i think we might just turn the heat on QPR and the rest :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Yes We have without doubt, But they got the best manager in my opinion.

But can he play football? ;) :) :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Annis for once i disagree with you fella.......
I think we will go up automatically and i also think QPR will mess up and will drop down a little

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:16 pm

Dai Leek wrote:

I think we will go up automatically and i also think QPR will mess up and will drop down a little

Good Man Dai, I like a good debate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why do you feel QPR will mess up ?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:16 pm

i agree. and honestly think leeds will make it into 2nd leaving the play offs for us swansea forest and norwich / reading. i dont think watford will get over the final hurdle. dont think much else is goin to change in the table though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Yes We have without doubt, But they got the best manager in my opinion.[/quote]

Overthemoon
But can he play football? ;) :) :ayatollah:[/quote]

DJ Certainly cant, he would loose his balance with his hands in his pockets all the time :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:18 pm

the players they are getting look like they could be champions but then again everyone in the league would say we should be ?

i think it will be tight this league is so up and down.

watch out for leeds and forest i say.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:23 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:the players they are getting look like they could be champions but then again everyone in the league would say we should be ?

i think it will be tight this league is so up and down.

watch out for leeds and forest i say.

I think Leicester are going to be more of a threat than Forest or Leeds! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dai Leek wrote:

Good Man Dai, I like a good debate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why do you feel QPR will mess up ?

They're playing good football but they've got to try and keep it going for the rest of the season. It's still a long road ahead and i just can't see them being as strong all the way to the finish.
I think we've brought in some good players especially young Jay and i hope Parkin are going to mean that we will be there as soon as they start to drop points.
A good centre half is required now for us and then i think we can go all the way to the promise land....!!

Just my opinion :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:37 pm

I stick with I thought at the beginning of the season that QPR will go up and nothing has made me change my mind they have money they are based in London that a lot of players like also as you say Annis the manager like him or hate him Warnock is a good manager and I like him.

We beat them last season and Warnock said in his interview after the game ...I TOLD CARDIFF MAKE SURE YOU GO UP RTHIS SEASON AS WE ARE GOING TO DO IT NEXT SEASON AND THEY WONT BEAT US LIKE TODAY.

Big talk from him but he has been right so far and with the signings they may get QPR are going to be top or second at least

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:39 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I stick with I thought at the beginning of the season that QPR will go up and nothing has made me change my mind they have money they are based in London that a lot of players like also as you say Annis the manager like him or hate him Warnock is a good manager and I like him.

We beat them last season and Warnock said in his interview after the game ...I TOLD CARDIFF MAKE SURE YOU GO UP RTHIS SEASON AS WE ARE GOING TO DO IT NEXT SEASON AND THEY WONT BEAT US LIKE TODAY.

Big talk from him but he has been right so far and with the signings they may get QPR are going to be top or second at least

Your right there, Warnock Great Manager, London the Bright lights and Money Talks.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 pm

LEICESTER CITY will go up, not sure how or in what position yet though :?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:43 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:They will definitely go up especially if they get the players they are chasing!

I still think we will be pushing for the title though.

We may have the best starting 11 but thats about it, we dont have strength in-depth. I still think we'll be lucky to finish top 6.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:55 pm

I think Forest will come from the pack & finish 2nd

We'll be in the lottery of the play offs

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Not often I disagree with you but I actually think the Champions will be either ourselves or Notts Forest for some reason I have a feeling QPR may falter a little letting others in.

Whilst I think Warnock is a good manager his record on promotion is not that much better than DJ, in fact it took him 7 seasons to get Sheffield Utd promoted which gives DJ another year. He also lost a play off semi final to DJ (Wolves) at the Millenium Stadium.

This time last year I was sure we would make the play off final and many of my mates were laughing at me, right now I have a big feeling this is our year for automatic. Also to be Champions we will have to finish higher than Forest who are a very strong team and are digging results out like a team destined to be Champions.

Feel free to come back in May and take the piss. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:18 pm

i live in london as ive stated i live in kensington right in the middle of qpr fans got alot of workmates who are qpr fans and speaking to them and getting some ribbing from them the sensable ones recon they aint had there lean spell yet like weve had i think there faltering bit will come hopefully where over ours i believe this season is ous for the taking remember qpr have lost a few players and yeh rougledge is a decent player but after the transfer window closes its a battle to the finish line we will do it this year just got a strong feeling my workmates recon so to as for forest they usually come gd second half of the season but its our year guys my opinion

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Annis i have been brought up to never throe the towel in, thought you hsd as well?. :?:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:49 pm

We will finish second, I'm very positive of that.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Getting bored of the topics eh? :lol:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:53 pm

Really hope not,they really are the poor Chelsea, the way the owners have acted is what is wrong with football.
Lets just see, I really think that we will finish stronger,in my opinion QPR have the best squad in the division but I think our team will come out on top.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:55 pm

I hate to say it but I think we will have hell of a fight to be in the top 6.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:10 pm

ridofrid wrote:I hate to say it but I think we will have hell of a fight to be in the top 6.

I agree completely. And I think the next few weeks will make or break us, I fear. We will see how it's shaping after the next few games

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:21 pm

castleblue wrote:

Not often I disagree with you but I actually think the Champions will be either ourselves or Notts Forest for some reason I have a feeling QPR may falter a little letting others in.

Whilst I think Warnock is a good manager his record on promotion is not that much better than DJ, in fact it took him 7 seasons to get Sheffield Utd promoted which gives DJ another year. He also lost a play off semi final to DJ (Wolves) at the Millenium Stadium.

This time last year I was sure we would make the play off final and many of my mates were laughing at me, right now I have a big feeling this is our year for automatic. Also to be Champions we will have to finish higher than Forest who are a very strong team and are digging results out like a team destined to be Champions.

Feel free to come back in May and take the piss. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny story I was just saying to Carl, Forest will be the dark horses who will come good at the end, just an opinion. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Bob Hatton wrote:Annis i have been brought up to never throe the towel in, thought you hsd as well?. :?:

Bob, Very True My Father taught me that, But this is a Different Scenario, I have No Trust or Belief in Dave Jones.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Dai Leek

They're playing good football but they've got to try and keep it going for the rest of the season. It's still a long road ahead and i just can't see them being as strong all the way to the finish.
I think we've brought in some good players especially young Jay and i hope Parkin are going to mean that we will be there as soon as they start to drop points.
A good centre half is required now for us and then i think we can go all the way to the promise land....!!

Just my opinion :lol: :lol:

Dai, But they are bringing in good players as well and they have Neil Warnock as their manager.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:28 pm

I don't rate Routledge that much, impacted for his 1st couple of games then faded IMO, I would still agree with you though on QPR, Warnock will get them up IMO, if we had Warnock, I think we'd have walked this league, we have the players but we don't have the tactician to get the best out of them.