Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " QPR WILL BE CHAMPIONS IN MY OPINION "

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:30 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Securing Routledge was the icing on the cake, Just My Opinion.
And with Neil Warnock's track record on Promotions, I would be stunned if We finished higher than them.

Please feel Free to Shoot me down, I will keep this Topic for MAY 2011 .

I don't rate Routledge that much, impacted for his 1st couple of games then faded IMO, I would still agree with you though on QPR, Warnock will get them up IMO, if we had Warnock, I think we'd have walked this league, we have the players but we don't have the tactician to get the best out of them.

If We had Warnock, We would be 10 pts clear now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Nottingham Forest and Leicester for the auto positions, we're gonna have to dog it out in the play offs again.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:10 am

langley wrote:Really hope not,they really are the poor Chelsea, the way the owners have acted is what is wrong with football

Please explain why our board are 'what is wrong with football' ?? Saved our club, haven't gone mad with spending, investing wisely, hired the best gaffer in the division & do what's best for QPR?

Are you talking about 2 years ago when we were going through managers like hot dinners? Wouldn't say that's what is wrong in football, I'd simply put that down to non football people trying to make footballing decisions, it just don't work.

What's wrong in football is the c**t at Man City & Chelski buying players & paying wages the football club cannot afford & writing off the debt. That is what is wrong in football.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:22 am

C Mob you are right.

Cardiff must be your second team or something. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:34 am

Damned Yank wrote:C Mob you are right.

Cardiff must be your second team or something. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I like to keep in touch with my Welsh cousins & closest rivals for the title Yankee my little cherub :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:35 am

C-MOB wrote:

I like to keep in touch with my Welsh cousins & closest rivals for the title Yankee my little cherub :D

secretly i think its his first :shock:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:45 am

milly44 wrote:
C-MOB wrote:

secretly i think its his first :shock:

Never in a month of Sundays Mills :lol:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:51 am

how you been anyway ya cockney kent :?: :D

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:00 am

:lol:

Schweeet as pal. Transfer window doing my nut in though. Keep hearing names but no official word.

Just hope our bid for Jay is accepted tomorrow :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:03 am

C-MOB wrote::lol:

Schweeet as pal. Transfer window doing my nut in though. Keep hearing names but no official word.

Just hope our bid for Jay is accepted tomorrow :lol: :lol:

steady on now. you can have Dave Jones not a problem, i will drive him down, i will even chuck lee naylor in my boot as a freebie :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm off ta bed for a quick jostle & a nap chat tomo Mills.

Bell me tomorrow about the QPR pyjamas & bed spread you wanted I missed your call today :D

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Annis, QPR have had their fun, they are on the slide, the facts are there for all to see, how far ahead of us were they when we lost to the Jacks? Further than they are now I think. They've definitely lost a Lot of points to the chasing pack either way.

I'm more worried about Forest than I am about Queen's Park Toilet lurkers.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:15 am

DaveSheffield wrote:Annis, QPR have had their fun, they are on the slide, the facts are there for all to see, how far ahead of us were they when we lost to the Jacks? Further than they are now I think. They've definitely lost a Lot of points to the chasing pack either way.

Most we've been ahead of you is 7 points, playing shit & still 5 points ahead.

Keep up the chase its fun :lol:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:17 am

C-MOB wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Annis, QPR have had their fun, they are on the slide, the facts are there for all to see, how far ahead of us were they when we lost to the Jacks? Further than they are now I think. They've definitely lost a Lot of points to the chasing pack either way.

Most we've been ahead of you is 7 points, playing shit & still 5 points ahead.

Keep up the chase its fun :lol:

Thrill is always in the chase. It'd be boring if we were running away with it. That's not how the City work, it's why we love them. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:46 am

he's right about man city/chelseas tho.

I'd throw Madrid in there too.

Jokers, the lot of em.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:31 am

My opinion-------------

Cardiff champs
Forest 2nd

Leeds via play offs

Forest win their games in hand they go 2nd so looking forward to nxt months game

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:34 am

C-MOB wrote:

Fair play :lol: :ayatollah:

It makes good healthy Banter :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:49 am

That's what we're here for Annis its all good healthy fun.

With regards to your signings, JET is a top player & Parkin will do a job but I'm not convinced he's the answer to your problems. I would of been really worried if you'd got O Brien as he would of sorted your defence right out (except LB) are you in the hunt for any other CB's?

We have turned down the opportunity to sign Chimbonda & Ledesma an Argentinian but looks positive for Routledge, Shittu & Ishmael Miller from WBA do you think that's enough to see us through the next 20 games in the top 2 or do you feel you have enough to over take us?

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:52 am

depends if u can hang on to Tarabt ;) I have a feeling a prem club will come in for him :shock:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:03 am

I agree. He really does make us tick. You could be right about a Prem club I feel the same.

Warnock has been quoted as saying 'Adel is 100% going nowhere' so that's good enough for me, but Taarabt is the kind who has his head turned easily & if we're honest is using us as a stepping stone which is fair enough as I think he will become a world star in the next few years.

Would you swap Jay for Taarabt? :?:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:17 am

Yep I also think they will go up as champions, I just been looking at the games they have to play but cant see any team giving them big problems. So unless they go on a really bad run theres only going to be one position left which around 4 teams will be fighting for.
I know alot on here will go crazy but My love of all things Welsh, I would love to seen us go up as Champions and the Swans in second.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:18 am

C-MOB wrote:I agree. He really does make us tick. You could be right about a Prem club I feel the same.

Warnock has been quoted as saying 'Adel is 100% going nowhere' so that's good enough for me, but Taarabt is the kind who has his head turned easily & if we're honest is using us as a stepping stone which is fair enough as I think he will become a world star in the next few years.

Swap Jay For Taarabt :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:31 am

QPR to be champions is a pretty obvious asumption to make, they are top after all and have only lost 3 games. That is championship winning form. The capture or routledge will give them another edge and provide quality supply. If they manage to sign a decent striker they could have the league sown up by the middle of April. I dont think Warnock is the best manager in the league. He has only managed promotion to Premiership once before with Sheff Utd. He is lucky to have a board who have money and have backed him in the transfer window. The players he has brought in are quality and they really should be walking this division and I think they actually under performing. There are a lot of managers in this division who could get QPR up with the squad they have. I would have Billy Davies before Warnock, but thats just my opinion. You could pick any of Sven Goran Erikkison, Paul Lambert, Simon Grayson, Malky Mackay, dare I say it Brendan Rodgers, all good managers and all having decent seasons, not to metion our very own Dave Jones.

I think if we can hang on to all our key players and sign a centre back we will go up in second spot.

;)

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:33 am

It would be a sin if City c@cked it up and missed out on top 2 this season.

Heads would roll.

I fear that dreadful november and pretty dire december will come back and bite us very hard come May.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:01 am

demoliliatation are us! on january 20th 2011!! :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:10 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Yep I also think they will go up as champions, I just been looking at the games they have to play but cant see any team giving them big problems

WCD I also looked at yours and can't believe you have 4 home games in the next 5, surely a chance to bag 12 massive points? If so then you will be top as we have Hull away in 2 games time which is a fixture we always struggle in so I'm not expecting much up there.

I think we might have just enough but its tight. Still fancy Norwich & Forest to be competing for top spot soon.

Just heard we are signing the Argentinian Ledesma on a short term deal as Ali Faurlin is injured.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:23 am

a horse with no name wrote:i agree. and honestly think leeds will make it into 2nd leaving the play offs for us swansea forest and norwich / reading. i dont think watford will get over the final hurdle. dont think much else is goin to change in the table though.

looking at the goals for and against on your table for leeds and city who whould have thought that after our heavy defeats v preston/barnsly/you!! plus our form at the start was poor and you lot went off like a train on fire this league is there to be won by any team there in the top 4 i recon as it stands today! it only takes 1 loss we win and vica versa or QPR to draw a few we leeds you city win its a wide open league i dont think QPR will win my top 3 is you and norwich and swansea us leeds play offs. hopefully if that happenes then we've exceeded our hopes for mid-table safety this yr..most city fans on the ccmb recond we'd go straight back down tbh..

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:48 am

C-MOB wrote:I agree. He really does make us tick. You could be right about a Prem club I feel the same.

No. We've got Whittingham, Bellamy and Burke. He wouldn't fit into our team anywhere.