Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cash in on Jay and let Parkin be our target man

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:10 pm

yep i agree, sign a contract or f**k off like the others who fail else where

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Totally disagree, dont think we are near the same team without Jay, Parkin will have his uses but I dont think they are really comparable in terms of quality

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:15 pm

If we sold Jay now, we'd need back up for Parkin and you ain't gonna get much for £3-5 million!

We're also going to need a quality centre forward for when we get to the Premiership and if we were to manage this promotion, then there's a good chance that Jay would sign a new contract!

If we were to get rid of him now, then there's a good chance we wouldn't get promoted and if we still managed to get promoted without him, there's a good chance that we'd come straight back down without him!

If Darren bent is worth £18 million plus add ons, then Jay's true value would be at least £10 million, if it wasn't for the fact that he's only got a few months left on his contract!

How much do you think we'd have to pay to get somebody of Jay's quality to sign for us, should we get promoted?

Keep him for our promotion push and we've got a very good chance of automatic promotion, sell him now and that chance could disappear very quickly! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:15 pm

come on now.lets be fair parkin will have his times where hell do a job.but jay bothroyd he is no where near him.and hes been injured for most games scince his call up!!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:16 pm

If we got rid of Jay now and then failed to go up u can garauntee that we'd be moanin sayin we should of kept him,definite no in my opinion,he needs to stay, parkin as back up

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:41 pm

dont get me wrong Parkin is a very good signing, but how anyone thinks he is in jay's league i dont know, also those people who think we should cash in on Jay is wrong, just my opinion.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Disagree. Bothroyd is class. Parkin brings some brute force to our team which is much needed (looking forward to him playing in the derby). Bothroyd will ead our charge for promotion.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Jay is our best player bar none, to "cash in" on him would be a massive mistake, he's a game winner , he makes things happen, "no Jay..no promotion".

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:26 pm

mad !