Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " OUR NEW STADIUM WILL NEVER IMPROVE "

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:00 am

I Just feel there is No Feel for the place or Soul, but thats just prob me.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:27 am

everyone keeps moaning about the atmosphere being shit and blaming the stadium, RUBBISH! remember the leicester league game after gypes got sent off, that was as good as anything ninian had to offer the whole ground was rocking because we all, even the new fans this time realised that the team needed us that night. All the singers are dotted about as everybody keeps saying, well stop saying it and start doing something about it!! if like me your singing ur bollox off in canton stand on saturday get the word around to others, even if you dont know them, tell them your trying to get the singers down to 117 in the ninian, thats where im going next season when ST's are released and my m8's are joining me. I've been to most football grounds and ninian was special in terms of atmosphere, the only place i've known better was when my uncle took me to watch the last match at the den, against the gas i think, i was 12ish and the hairs were up on the back of my neck whole match......Im sure some of you guys have been to the new den and its nothing like the den used to be.....same with us and ninian. Ninian had history and we have to create new history in CCS, when we get to the prem we all know the place will be rocking because we know the team will need us to have a chance of staying up!

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:31 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:everyone keeps moaning about the atmosphere being shit and blaming the stadium, RUBBISH! remember the leicester league game after gypes got sent off, that was as good as anything ninian had to offer the whole ground was rocking because we all, even the new fans this time realised that the team needed us that night. All the singers are dotted about as everybody keeps saying, well stop saying it and start doing something about it!! if like me your singing ur bollox off in canton stand on saturday get the word around to others, even if you dont know them, tell them your trying to get the singers down to 117 in the ninian, thats where im going next season when ST's are released and my m8's are joining me. I've been to most football grounds and ninian was special in terms of atmosphere, the only place i've known better was when my uncle took me to watch the last match at the den, against the gas i think, i was 12ish and the hairs were up on the back of my neck whole match......Im sure some of you guys have been to the new den and its nothing like the den used to be.....same with us and ninian. Ninian had history and we have to create new history in CCS, when we get to the prem we all know the place will be rocking because we know the team will need us to have a chance of staying up!

One game before Wembley, Come on even Rochdale would make that much noise.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:everyone keeps moaning about the atmosphere being shit and blaming the stadium, RUBBISH! remember the leicester league game after gypes got sent off, that was as good as anything ninian had to offer the whole ground was rocking because we all, even the new fans this time realised that the team needed us that night. All the singers are dotted about as everybody keeps saying, well stop saying it and start doing something about it!! if like me your singing ur bollox off in canton stand on saturday get the word around to others, even if you dont know them, tell them your trying to get the singers down to 117 in the ninian, thats where im going next season when ST's are released and my m8's are joining me. I've been to most football grounds and ninian was special in terms of atmosphere, the only place i've known better was when my uncle took me to watch the last match at the den, against the gas i think, i was 12ish and the hairs were up on the back of my neck whole match......Im sure some of you guys have been to the new den and its nothing like the den used to be.....same with us and ninian. Ninian had history and we have to create new history in CCS, when we get to the prem we all know the place will be rocking because we know the team will need us to have a chance of staying up!

One game before Wembley, Come on even Rochdale would make that much noise.

i'm on about the league game annis, when gypes got sent off :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:45 am

If singers want to get together then fine --block 117 whatever

Personally I dont get that excited about peopel singing abusive songs out of tune. I get excited by good football, goals and winning games.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:50 am

hence the problem!!

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:03 am

Totally agree with you Annis but unfortunatly the game we grew up with and loved has been swallowed up by money men and the games are heading towards american type games for familys

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:05 am

wales1927 wrote:Totally agree with you Annis but unfortunatly the game we grew up with and loved has been swallowed up by money men and the games are heading towards american type games for familys

then we must group together and try and prevent this. :ayatollah: its sad to see what has happen to the football fan over the past couple of years.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:21 am

wales1927 wrote:Totally agree with you Annis but unfortunatly the game we grew up with and loved has been swallowed up by money men and the games are heading towards american type games for familys

Money men like :-
Clemo, Wright, Kouma, Hammam, Guy and TG ?

All clubs are run by money men, what people dont like is change.
Back in the old NP - because of terracing - you could go and stand with your mates, so people would naturally feel as if they were surrounded by mates, with seating you can do this - and this is the bit that people miss (well I do anyway)

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:39 am

WEll Im in the Canton end to be fair to them they sing like hell, Yes its the same old song all the time, ( you are my Cardiff )
But they do sing. In other grounds most of the sining comes from behined the goals and that is the case here in the Canton End.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:" OUR NEW STADIUM WILL NEVER IMPROVE IN ATMOSPHERE OR EVEN WAKE UP "
While certain people in charge continue to want it like a library.

I MOANED All last Season about How Terrible the Atmosphere was at the New Stadium, Average Crowds of 22,000, Going for Promotion, YET STILL IN MY MIND IT WAS TOTAL CRAP/SHIT IF I AM HONEST.
Then We played the Jacks and then Leicester one game from Wembley and We finally had an Atmosphere so I got Slaughtered for Saying there Was No Atmosphere, WELL I AM SORRY THAT DOES NOT WASH WITH ME.

Now This Season, ITS EVEN WORSE IN MY OPINION, Crowds of 24,000 and yet its like a Grave yard sometimes, The Jacks game this Season a Joke, Every fan in the Country who now visits us, Say how they Cant believe how bad Weve become in Atmosphere wise.

It Might suit certain fans(incl many on ccmb who said I need to move on lol) but DEF NOT ME, I Fell in Love with Cardiff City because the passion Our Fans once had.

WELL SAID ANNIS
Our players need Passionate Fans behind them, Surely Our Stadium now suits away teams more than Our Own Team.

WERE GOING FOR AUTOMATIC PROMOTION and WE STILL CANT GET THE STADIUM ALIVE.
I Can only see it getting worse in My Opinion .
Our Passionate Fans have been split up and are dotted all around the Stadium, We need a Section A Upper/lower, We Need a Grange end and Bob Bank, but with large areas of singing fans next to each other.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:29 pm

maybe for next season we should try and get a forum block....meaning everyone from the forum try and get a season ticket on a certain block..117 for example and try and build from there. this may be an option seeing that swapping canton and family stand is against us...(only a thought) :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:45 pm

how can anyone say that the CCS is as good as Ninian is beyond me, you must be bullshitting or never sang at Ninian.

I think we are all agreed that Ninian could have a poor atmosphere at times, but for the majority it was brilliant. and i think we can all agree apart from Leicester and the first jack game the atmosphere has not been good.

The Canton dont sill all through the game, after half time it dies a death.

The stadium is has no accoustics and the fans who sing are spread out, plus new fans dont join in for various reasons. If this is "the future of football", you can have it.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Sorry but the canton do sing after half time , my seat is in Canton ok some times it do go silent but tell me what grounds dont for a short time. Its got nothing to do with the Stadium, its the people that sing not the stadium.
Its the people that make the Stadium rock and CCS is no diffrent to others, if the people are all over the place is that the problem of the stadium ? its the people who pick where they want to sit, and if they want to sing or not.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:54 pm

griff105 wrote:Totally agree, but perhaps we are going about this the wrong way.
Moving everyone who wants to sing into 117 etc is definite a good short term plan.
But as we know and have discussed at length, swapping the canton and family stands is the only real way to get the ground bouncing. We (canton end) have tried moaning and got nowhere, so perhaps a different tact is needed.
What the club wants is FAMILIES. So.. If people in the family stand started complaining about the close proximity of away fans then maybe the club would consider swapping?
We MUST do soemthing cos its an embarrasment and it IS effecting our home performances.
I reckon we could get some momentum going here and put pressure on the club to look after the Families

What about the children!!!???!! :(

NEVER MIND THE CLOSE PROXIMITY OF FANS the children have the furthest distance to walk, its an extra 10 mins to get from gate 6 around to gate 10

Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:40 pm

To be honest i think the only way the atmosphere is going to get to its best, is if we get promoted.

:ayatollah:

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:01 pm

Give it time. It won't be electric so soon. It'll take time for the fans to feel totally comfortable there. This will take a few seasons.

I think the Ninian Stand is particularly quiet. There seems to be little or no effort there to stoke up the atmosphere. The whole stand feels like it is full of 40 somethings sulking like children. It is this area that needs to sort itself out. The rest of the ground will always follow the Ninian Stand example.

There is also the case of looking at Ninian Park with rose tinted glasses. There is always a tendency with football fans to view the past as "the good old days". I feel Ninian Park lost something when extra seats were put in in 1992. The Bob Bank was castrated.

Another issue is the increase in attendances. It is a fact that there are a lot of a fans there now that are regulars now at CCS and were not regular at NP. These fans are still learning the culture of the club.