Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " OUR NEW STADIUM WILL NEVER IMPROVE "

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:23 pm

From Facebook

Craig Newnes, Charlie Blackie, Matthew Warman and 3 others like this.

Nigel Pepper I agree. Every club comments on the lack of atmosphere .
18 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Dave Pinney AGREED 100%.....MY BOYS WOULD RATHER DO AWAYS..ME RATHER WATCH IT ON THE WIRELESS...GOD I MISS THE BOB BANK!!

4 minutes ago · Like
Anthony Chiplin No atmosphere in ther ninian park gone but not forgotten!
A few seconds ago via Facebook Mobile · Like

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:26 pm

100% agree the stadium is crap, what can we do to change it tho fans are all over the place and singing only takes place in certain blocks to far apart nothing that can be done about it

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:27 pm

I agree Annis,
the atmos is embarassing and needs to be sorted.
Let's get some ideas from site members A site brainstorming session) and get a general oppinion of what we can do to make this better, EG all site members who are prepared to sing, chant, dish out banter and watch with some Hwyl/Passion etc to agree to move to a stand or area that can offer the team that something extra in preparation for next season. That would be my idea but obviously open to suggestions. Once agrred and accepted you could post on here the plans and we can execute. (the plan i mean and not the opposing fans) We need to get a move on though as Season tickets for next season are due to be bought.
Good luck and a point well made.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Totally agree its not the fault of the stadium at all its because they have split all the singing supporters.

Plus my main issue is the family stand should be the other end not close to the away supporters the board at CCFC are idiots unless they change that as we have had stoke and forest kicking off right next to the family end that just daft.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:38 pm

For me, when i used to go to NINIAN, I used to like the banter, away fans hearing us and us hearing them.
This would create a good atmosphere beacuse both sets of fans wanted to be heard.

People say the Canton is where the atmosphere is? i don think so,its better than other parts of the ground but often dies at half time.

Biggest problem you cannot hear the away fans and you know they cant hear you, singers dotted around the ground ect.

Ninian will never be beat and the CCS will never have a decent atmosphere.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Annis you need to forget Ninian Park.
Only the grange and block A sang. Which is the same as your block and the canton in CCS.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 pm

I agree Annis,
the atmos is embarassing and needs to be sorted.
Let's get some ideas from site members A site brainstorming session) and get a general oppinion of what we can do to make this better, EG all site members who are prepared to sing, chant, dish out banter and watch with some Hwyl/Passion etc to agree to move to a stand or area that can offer the team that something extra in preparation for next season. That would be my idea but obviously open to suggestions. Once agrred and accepted you could post on here the plans and we can execute. (the plan i mean and not the opposing fans) We need to get a move on though as Season tickets for next season are due to be bought.
Good luck and a point well made.

Nathan Walker wrote:Annis you need to forget Ninian Park.
Only the grange and block A sang. Which is the same as your block and the canton in CCS.

Nathan your right they did sing, but Our block in the Ninian Stand are like mice :cry: :cry:

Pretty sure I can remember the Bob Bank being quite vocal!

i think its the way corporate/sit down football is these days. I mean do any grounds have a really good atmosphere through the whole game like they used to? I cant even be bothered to watch premier league games these days, often played in near silence at many grounds. I doubt the newer grounds in the championship are much different? Why dont all the people who want to sing and make noise in the Ninian currently move to the Canton? Just being near the away fans doesnt create anything does it? You cant even really see them anyway. The days of a block a la ninian are over, the same thing hasnt been replicated near the away fans in the Ninian so why persist? Just forget it and move out......

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:43 pm

griff105 wrote:Totally agree, but perhaps we are going about this the wrong way.
Moving everyone who wants to sing into 117 etc is definite a good short term plan.
But as we know and have discussed at length, swapping the canton and family stands is the only real way to get the ground bouncing. We (canton end) have tried moaning and got nowhere, so perhaps a different tact is needed.
What the club wants is FAMILIES. So.. If people in the family stand started complaining about the close proximity of away fans then maybe the club would consider swapping?
We MUST do soemthing cos its an embarrasment and it IS effecting our home performances.
I reckon we could get some momentum going here and put pressure on the club to look after the Families

What about the children!!!???!! :(

Unfortunately I can't see it happening without a capacity reduction, the Police will see to that. Besides I still can't see the Grandstand, rest of the Ninian and the 'new' Family Stand making any noise.

What gave Ninian Park the atmosphere was vocal fans spread out around the ground not just in one place I also feel low roofs from the stands helped.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:45 pm

kav wrote:Pretty sure I can remember the Bob Bank being quite vocal!

not so much in the last few years....used to stand in the middle on the terrace and nothing ever used to come down from above to be honest, maybe the odd loud one now and again when joining in with the grange end.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Its nothing to do with having a new stadium, its the new fans that dont create or join in with the atmosphere.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:Annis you need to forget Ninian Park.

:o :o are you fotgetting the bob bank :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Annis with a bit of luck sam will come back and put a bit of passion into the club unlike wayne nash and gethin jenkins who as far as im concerned are a drain on the club (dead wood ) i know ill get slated by some sections for this :lol: but hey i dont give a f**k im saying what i beleive :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Annis, i agree totally.
I was kicked off this site for posting this, and called a sniper''' But now alot seem to agree??
by supercoops » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Having watched Watford rip QPR to bits, i knew this with Watford game was going to be a big ask for us, it should have been 5 or 6 even.
I just laugh at the over reaction, we are who we are, we got what we got.. living in the middle of jackland..which is hard work..when they beat us at home earlier this season, one of their ardent fans said to me--- (his words) The Cardiff scum need to know how to use their huge crowds as their 12th man...
11 players out played you, and 2,800 fans made more noise than you...point taken i was there!!

So before finger pointing, lets start with us..supercoops

Private messageE-mail supercoops

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:55 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

which goes back to what i said about making a video to post online so fans can learn the words to the songs

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:58 pm

[quote="Forever Blue"]" OUR NEW STADIUM WILL NEVER IMPROVE IN ATMOSPHERE OR EVEN WAKE UP "

Now This Season, ITS EVEN WORSE IN MY OPINION, Crowds of 24,000 and yet its like a Grave yard sometimes, The Jacks game this Season a Joke, Every fan in the Country who now visits us, Say how they Cant believe how bad Weve become in Atmosphere wise.

WERE GOING FOR AUTOMATIC PROMOTION and WE STILL CANT GET THE STADIUM ALIVE.
[quote]

To be honest I think that most fans knew/felt that the game against the jacks was going to go wrong and just kinda accepted it and didn't bother trying to make a decent noise... one look at the teamsheet and also the managers record in the derby led everyone waiting for the 'inevitable'... perhaps our teams and managers lack of passion etc is rubbing off on the fans rather that it being anything to do with the stadium?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Agreed that the bob bank did sing but only a few. Which is like the Ninian stand now

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:08 pm

griff105 wrote:Totally agree, but perhaps we are going about this the wrong way.
Moving everyone who wants to sing into 117 etc is definite a good short term plan.
But as we know and have discussed at length, swapping the canton and family stands is the only real way to get the ground bouncing. We (canton end) have tried moaning and got nowhere, so perhaps a different tact is needed.
What the club wants is FAMILIES. So.. If people in the family stand started complaining about the close proximity of away fans then maybe the club would consider swapping?
We MUST do soemthing cos its an embarrasment and it IS effecting our home performances.
I reckon we could get some momentum going here and put pressure on the club to look after the Families

What about the children!!!???!! :(

Wont somebody please think of the children!!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:21 pm

Ok the club says that the Family Stand is by the away fans, but that doesn't mean that the Old Grange enders can't buy season tickets there right by the away fans and lead from the front and by example like they used to does it? the Grange End filled with the old lot of Grange End supporters and then Another bunch in the Ninian Stand and we will be rocking! It will get the Bob Bank (Ninian stand) Rocking again maybe the left side (As i look from the ninian stand) of the Grand Stand going again and then the others join in when they fancy it!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:21 pm

We need a singing area in the family stand so we can train the kids in the dying art of chanting and original songs!

Here's some for starters....

he's big, he's fat, he cooks his chips in fat, Super Beast, Super Beast

Feed the Beast and he will score

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:22 pm

You can't blame anybody but ourselves.

The singing and passionate fans have been split by moving accross the road, but the club advised everyone of this nature to go in the Canton stand when we moved.

Not all fans listened.

You know what to do. Get a season ticket in the Canton :ayatollah:

It takes all clubs a few years to get an atmosphere back when they move grounds.

Whats more important to you, the view or the atmosphere?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Why6 do you need to be by the away fans to sing. I think the noise in the canton stand is good at times never compare to the grange end but still i always leave the game with my voice struggling to make a noise and i still enjoy every 90mins :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:31 pm

kav wrote:AGREED...RATHER WATCH IT ON THE WIRELESS!!

:lol: Sorry but that made me laugh, in a good way though :thumbup:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:31 pm

something needs to be done next season whether we go up or not. we will make so much noise in the premiership if we did go up but still something needs to be done, when it gets going its quite decent but compared to ninian it doesnt get going enough. id love to see family stand and canton stand be swapped. there must be something we can do. they cant keep stopping the idea of swapping the stands surely? the new stadium could be awesome but as a lot of you have said....everyone is split up :(

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Repetitor here. The biggie I believe is standing. We have to accept that we wont get the whole ground singing, BUT we need to get the vocal blocks completly noisy. 117 last night, I saw people down the front of the stand moving back to stand and sing/standing in defiance of the stewards. This needs to happen EVERY game.

Everyone needs to stand up to those that are against us. It can go one of two ways now; back to the silence of before, or we can continue what we acheived last night.

Supposedley, the stewards are going to clamp down completely on standing in the ninian next season - only we can stop them.
No one is standing up for us, the loyal supporters, and our rights.We have to look after ourselves, and each other.

IF anyone tells you to shut up or stop singing, make them look stupid and defend your actions.
IF a steward tells you to sit down, refuse! Everyone should back you. They cannot throw everyone out.

To finish, I will regale you with something. There is a head steward down the front, who wears glasses. Sometimes he wears a Cardiff hat. This man is one of the biggest enemies to having an atmosphere. When he wears my clubs logo on his head, it sickens me. He doesnt love our club, and he is bringing it down by stopping us getting an atmosphere going.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Sorry but I like the new stadium.
Comfortable seats. toilets that don't smell like an open drain.
Easy access.
Non-threatening atmosphere.

Its the future I'm afraid.

and I don't belong to the CCMB any more, before you ask

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Someone mentioned on here before about block booking the season tickets, (can this be done?), if so, it could be the way forward. :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:59 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Non-threatening atmosphere.

Apart from when employees of the club openly use threatening behaviour in order to make people sit down?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:09 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Non-threatening atmosphere.

Apart from when employees of the club openly use threatening behaviour in order to make people sit down?

I like to sit down - they never use threatening language at me to make me stand up. :ayatollah: