Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" OUR NEW STADIUM WILL NEVER IMPROVE "

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:40 pm

" OUR NEW STADIUM WILL NEVER IMPROVE IN ATMOSPHERE OR EVEN WAKE UP "
While certain people in charge continue to want it like a library.

I MOANED All last Season about How Terrible the Atmosphere was at the New Stadium, Average Crowds of 22,000, Going for Promotion, YET STILL IN MY MIND IT WAS TOTAL CRAP/SHIT IF I AM HONEST.
Then We played the Jacks and then Leicester one game from Wembley and We finally had an Atmosphere so I got Slaughtered for Saying there Was No Atmosphere, WELL I AM SORRY THAT DOES NOT WASH WITH ME.

Now This Season, ITS EVEN WORSE IN MY OPINION, Crowds of 24,000 and yet its like a Grave yard sometimes, The Jacks game this Season a Joke, Every fan in the Country who now visits us, Say how they Cant believe how bad Weve become in Atmosphere wise.

It Might suit certain fans(incl many on ccmb who said I need to move on lol) but DEF NOT ME, I Fell in Love with Cardiff City because the passion Our Fans once had.

Our players need Passionate Fans behind them, Surely Our Stadium now suits away teams more than Our Own Team.

WERE GOING FOR AUTOMATIC PROMOTION and WE STILL CANT GET THE STADIUM ALIVE.
I Can only see it getting worse in My Opinion .
Our Passionate Fans have been split up and are dotted all around the Stadium, We need a Section A Upper/lower, We Need a Grange end and Bob Bank, but with large areas of singing fans next to each other.

Re: " OUR NEW STADIUM WILL NEVER IMPROVE "

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:46 pm

Fully agree Annis, The stadium is a corporate bowl and i hate it. :evil:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Taken one ore two mates a couple of times to games this season, both couldn't believe how quiet the atmosphere was, especially the Swansea match, and I agree I can't see it improving. Shame as on away trips we can make a right racket throughout the game.

People who say it's no worse than Ninian Park are wrong in my opinion, it was never that quiet when I was stood on the Bob Bank Terrace. Bring back the atmosphere :cry:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:48 pm

You get a better atmosphere at the County now.

Just ask Milly. :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

We had to move groud to move forward, few new grouds can make a atmo so why can't we? theres no reason why we can't.

what more can we do mate tried getting all this forum in blocks 117 annd 116 but i thought it still felt like a preseason game yesterday. i tried getting decent songs goin but all we had were D**** j**** barmy army

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Fully agree Annis, The stadium is a corporate bowl and i hate it. :evil:

Forgot to mention the pitch is shit as well :lol:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:52 pm

It's not the stadium, it's the fans. The stadium does do the work, the fans do. Unless everyone who wants to create an atmosphere stand in one place and sing thier hearts out, its not going to change. Many fans enjoy watching the game behind the goals, others enjoy it on the side stands, while others are now in the posh seats and family stand!

Old chants like C-A-R-D-I-F-F returned to the canton last night. But it will not take off as there isso much space between the fans. Fans now need to unite and stand up against this bad atmosphere. Its the only way. We all knew what was going to happen when we moved. We all knew a move was the best to take this club forward.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:52 pm

ffs some people need to get it into your heads.
You do realise that by saying the stadium will never improve is basically blaming metal and wood and plastic for not singing? The stadium doesnt sing THE FANS DO!
Fans have changed its not the stadiums fault

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:ffs some people need to get it into your heads.
You do realise that by saying the stadium will never improve is basically blaming metal and wood and plastic for not singing? The stadium doesnt sing THE FANS DO!

the stadium doesnt do the singing but when the fans are singing and its really quiet its only the acoustics of the stadium to blame.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:54 pm

I was thinking the same the other day, when we were at Ninian and played towards the grange end second half block A and parts

of B would be bumping !

I miss that !

I'm with you I think the ends should be swapped around to make it more intimidating for the away fans and get an atmosphere going !

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:56 pm

what can be changed to improve? change the family stand over? will the club ever consider doing this?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:ffs some people need to get it into your heads.

Nathan, Read what I Said.
Our Passionate Fans have been split up and are dotted all around the Stadium, We need a Section A Upper/lower, We Need a Grange end and Bob Bank, but with large areas of singing fans next to each other.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Theres only one stadium in South Wales that hosts top flight football or rugby where you can get an atmosphere,Rodney Parade.
The rest are concrete stereotypes. :cry:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:03 pm

abf9 wrote:You get a better atmosphere at the County now.

Just ask Milly. :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

someone asked me during the game if the atmosphere is better at the county. it might have been you i was a little worse for wear :lol:
i have been to every home game and about 7 aways this year with cardiff and one county game v wrexham.

the best atmosphere was........county v wrexham :cry: (not comparing to city away game though, leeds was special) :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Perhaps Rodney Parade is like that because its an old stadium !

The new stadiums just don't seem to get it going !

Well due to my current financial situation I havent got a Season Ticket this year and due to the reduced prices last night made my first appearance of the Season.Decided to try the Canton End as from where we used to sit the singing etc and atmosphere created looked good.WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
No wonder my kids and their mates would rather save their money for 'aways'.....singing was shit,atmosphere was shit etc etc.First half I was sit in front of an American & Malaysian (or similar!)who droned on and on about ''SOCCER'' and how he was a Coach back in the good ol USof A(zzzzzzz)The Malaysian gentlemen needing a translation from his Welsh friend of our chants.Second half by a woman who kept referring to City as the Blues (FFS!) and her partner who knew 1 chant and kept repeating it!
Annis your absolutely right by saying it aint gonna get better,If we get to the Prem its gonna be worse.Stadium be full of people out for the day to watch their beloved Man u etc who will have Season Tickets simply cos they can afford them.Your ordinary Cardiff Loyal will be few and far between.
I believe that the die hard Chelsea fans of yesteryear now drink in the Pubs on the Kings Road on matchday for the atmosphere as they cant afford to watch their Team,I fear we are going the same way.....the guys (and gals ) who stood on the Grange and the Bob will be priced out as will the Dads(and mums!) who started off in the old Family Stand and progressed to the Bob Bank.....looks like its the price you gotta pay to get to the Prem.....RANT OVER

Heard that any lads in family stand next season willbe moved.

football is no where near as fun as it used to be and the atmosphere is dire. if i want to sit on my arse staring at the football no stop without singing,i would rather stay at home.

the stadium is shit

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:07 pm

AGREED...RATHER WATCH IT ON THE WIRELESS!!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:07 pm

people still Aint joining in,we shud make a video of all our songs being sung and have it on this site and you tube etc.......

what do you think is the chance of the club letting everybody who is interested stay behind after a game and get this footage in the CCS just do each song twice and some one can edit it...who do we need to contact to get the ball rolling?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

its the most pro active thing were likely to be able to do atm unless the club let us change the ends.....

OPINIONS PLEASE??

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:10 pm

but if you had organised yourselves as a group of fans in a certain area the issue would disappear. The reason why the vocal supporters are split apart from each other because no one got together and made sure you were all sitting together. The stadium management have set up a free standing/singing stand, the canton stand, but certain groups of fans didnt want to be in the canton stand. So you really have only got yourselves to blame for not having a solid wall of noise this season, maybe you can organise something for next season.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Go to any other home ground in the league/country, you'll get exactly the same.

Put your petitions together about wanting to go move the stands and everything for 'atmosphere' when all it is is goading, but it won't happen. It pleases me to think of the amount of money saved in policing costs nowadays.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 pm

The Trooper wrote:Perhaps Rodney Parade is like that because its an old stadium !

The new stadiums just don't seem to get it going !

You just hit the nail on the head.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Alex wrote:Go to any other home ground in the league/country, you'll get exactly the same.

Put your petitions together about wanting to go move the stands and everything for 'atmosphere' when all it is is goading, but it won't happen. It pleases me to think of the amount of money saved in policing costs nowadays.

Alex, But if Ninian Park had had 20,000 in there every week and we were going for promotion 2 years Running it would of BEEN ELECTRIC.

JONNY012697 wrote:but if you had organised yourselves as a group of fans in a certain area the issue would disappear. The reason why the vocal supporters are split apart from each other because no one got together and made sure you were all sitting together. The stadium management have set up a free standing/singing stand, the canton stand, but certain groups of fans didnt want to be in the canton stand. So you really have only got yourselves to blame for not having a solid wall of noise this season, maybe you can organise something for next season.

Wayne Nash and Gethin Jenkins will Never Allow that.

I don't think it has anything to with the stadium.
I think the main cause is just where everyone is. Everyone is now split up.
If all the singers were all together (as per Ninian Park), then the atmosphere would be much better.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:14 pm

But annis we're not in ninian park anymore face it,we're not gonna get good atmo if we keep on living in the past.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:15 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:I don't think it has anything to with the stadium.
I think the main cause is just where everyone is. Everyone is now split up.
If all the singers were all together (as per Ninian Park), then the atmosphere would be much better.

I did say this as well

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Last night I went with a mate and sat in the Ninian Stand instead of the Canton, I hated it no atmosphere at all - The Ninian should be renamed the Morgue Stand and they want to be known as the Bob Bank. Sorry your not entitled until you make some noise. However there is a section by the away fans well done lads, who can be known as little Bob.

From where I was plenty of noise from the Canton, can't wait to get back there Saturday.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Totally agree, but perhaps we are going about this the wrong way.
Moving everyone who wants to sing into 117 etc is definite a good short term plan.
But as we know and have discussed at length, swapping the canton and family stands is the only real way to get the ground bouncing. We (canton end) have tried moaning and got nowhere, so perhaps a different tact is needed.
What the club wants is FAMILIES. So.. If people in the family stand started complaining about the close proximity of away fans then maybe the club would consider swapping?
We MUST do soemthing cos its an embarrasment and it IS effecting our home performances.
I reckon we could get some momentum going here and put pressure on the club to look after the Families

What about the children!!!???!! :(