Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When are we signing a new .......

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:19 pm

goalkeeper ?

Yet again Heaton has been exposed as not being up to the job and we all know that Marshall can't cut it at this level !

Re: When are we signing a new .......

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Mate I totally agree

Neither keeper is consistent & neiher command the area

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Would be the last position I would be looking at, while I agree Heaton should have done better with both goals I am still very happy with Heaton and Marshall and both are more than capable at this level

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Heaton and Marshall can't wain fair play.

they both good keepers.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:33 pm

the problem isnt our keepers the problem lies in our defence / midfield. even the best keepers in the world if they dont have support infront of them they will struggle

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:33 pm

The Trooper wrote:goalkeeper ?

Yet again Heaton has been exposed as not being up to the job and we all know that Marshall can't cut it at this level !

Heaton has been class this season, one bad game (not that bad tbh) and you want a new keeper? Cardiff fans are never happy :roll: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:36 pm

oh casper ohhh oh casper ohh he stands between the posts and named afyer a ghost. id love too see him back in goal

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:37 pm

In my opinion Marshall when fit should be starting, he's a good shot stopper and by looking at the way he dealt with the aerial bombardment up in Stoke, has been working (along with the defenders) on dealing with the crosses/long balls (OK granted one game doesn't quite mean its totally sorted but its progress). I think it all comes down to confidence in and communication with the back four and after the many mistakes/occasions the defence has fallen asleep this season (and last) its hardly suprising if he doesn't feel 'safe' coming off his line, maybe that confidence/communication is being built up in training. I doubt very much if Marshall would have been beaten at such an acute angle Saturday and last night like Heaton was but again my opinion. Personally I feel our targets are better focused elsewhere in the team at the moment.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Of our signings (not loans)

Heaton, Naylor, John, Riggot, Parkin

Heaton has been by far the best. We can sign a goalkeeper when we need one. So in quite a while.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:44 pm

Heaton certainly does command his penalty area and is quite vocal as well!

Marshall isn't very vocal, but he has started to come off his line far more than he used to and appears to be finding his voice as well!

I can't see how Heaton can be blamed for the first goal last night though, as either Rae or Matthews let Walters get goal side and there was nobody on the post to defend it! Heaton can't be expected to cover the whole of the goal from a corner!

I also thought that Blake should have stopped Walters scoring the second and he unsighted Heaton, who with only a couple of yards between him and the ball, allowed him very little time to get down and stop it, either with his hands or his feet! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Tell me why nobody else wants Heaton ?

He's a free & that says it all

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:00 pm

If he was as vocal a you say, then he would have screamed at somebody to cover the front post !

One front, one back, taught that at schoolboy level !

Still not convinced with either ! Don't get me started on Kasper, he made one good save against Leicester away and people think he's as good as his dad !

He in my opinion, is another keeper who doesn't like crosses, not a bad shots topper but nowhere near the best in the league !

That in my opinion is Paddy Kenny and De Vries isn't far behind !

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:22 pm

The Trooper wrote:If he was as vocal a you say, then he would have screamed at somebody to cover the front post !

One front, one back, taught that at schoolboy level !

Still not convinced with either ! Don't get me started on Kasper, he made one good save against Leicester away and people think he's as good as his dad !

He in my opinion, is another keeper who doesn't like crosses, not a bad shots topper but nowhere near the best in the league !

That in my opinion is Paddy Kenny and De Vries isn't far behind !

1)Westwood
2)De Vries
3)Speroni
4)Kenny
5)Lonergan

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:54 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Tell me why nobody else wants Heaton ?

No he was out of contract.

Man Utd offfered him a new one and he turned it down for first team football.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:59 pm

lagerlewis wrote:oh casper ohhh oh casper ohh he stands between the posts and named afyer a ghost. id love too see him back in goal

You didn't see Leeds away then?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Tell me why nobody else wants Heaton ?

No he was out of contract.

Man Utd offfered him a new one and he turned it down for first team football.