Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bothroyd to Sunderland

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Big talk up north that a deal is close for Jay to go to Sunderland.
Just had a txt off a Newcastle season ticket holder up there.
Prob hit our papers soon

Re: Bothroyd to Sunderland

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:18 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Big talk up north that a deal is close for Jay to go to Sunderland.
Prob hit our papers soon

Gareth, I believe and Always have that if a proper bid came in for Jay, City would Sell, Newcastle offered peanuts .

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:23 pm

I gotta be honest if someone came in with 5mill cash upfront within next few days so we can strenghten with that cash id take it

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:27 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:I gotta be honest if someone came in with 5mill cash upfront within next few days so we can strenghten with that cash id take it

I Would be happy to accept £3 Mill as come may he is worthless to us.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:30 pm

I just wouldnt sell him.
What we would get for him would be peanuts compared to promotion money and with Jay we have a far greater chance

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:32 pm

In my eyes, £3m now = nothing in the summer! Whereas if Jay stays, I think that = £90m + Premiership foorball

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
GarethGardner wrote:Big talk up north that a deal is close for Jay to go to Sunderland.
Prob hit our papers soon

Gareth, I believe and Always have that if a proper bid came in for Jay, City would Sell, Newcastle offered peanuts .

We offered peanuts for Parkin...

The club can't have it both ways - clubs know we are cash strapped, know he can be on a free in summer. Obviously you don't sell Jay for 100k, but let's be honest, not many bidders, his value depreciates on a daily basis.

Didn't Jones ( or was it Ridsdale? ) claim Ledley was still worth 6m during last year of his final season?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:In my eyes, £3m now = nothing in the summer! Whereas if Jay stays, I think that = £90m + Premiership foorball

But that's a risk.

3m guaranteed = zero risk financially.
Jay stays, we don't go up, we've lost 3m.

We cannot as fans continue to think the club should be run by director X continuing to pump money in. We've got to run the club as a business.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:46 pm

nerd wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:In my eyes, £3m now = nothing in the summer! Whereas if Jay stays, I think that = £90m + Premiership foorball

But that's a risk.

3m guaranteed = zero risk financially.
Jay stays, we don't go up, we've lost 3m.

We cannot as fans continue to think the club should be run by director X continuing to pump money in. We've got to run the club as a business.

Exactly nerd, how many people were saying we should have taken the money Stoke offered for Ledley when he went on a free.

As Jones said in an Interview the other day mind, even if the Club accept an offer, it will go to whether Jay fancies the move.

Personally, I dont think he will want to go to Sunderland

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:47 pm

I think we would acceot 2mill if the majority of it is up front. It wouldn't suprise me that if he does go anywhere, the club would not say for how much as most do nowadays

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Would he pass the medical?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:I gotta be honest if someone came in with 5mill cash upfront within next few days so we can strenghten with that cash id take it

I Would be happy to accept £3 Mill as come may he is worthless to us.

It was being put around yesterday that it was going to be around 3mil

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Could be up to £5 million for Bothroyd now, but I still wouldn't sell him! :ayatollah:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/01/19 ... placement/

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:50 pm

I wonder how Chopra would advise him.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:54 pm

didnt jones say, that no big players would be leaving, didnt he also say that jay himself doesnt want to leave.....

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Midfield general wrote:£3 Million and I'd take it, Parkin can take over the mantle!!!

We'd need back up for Parkin then and you ain't gonna get much for £3 million!

We're also going to need a quality centre forward for when we get to the Premiership and if we were to manage that, then there's a good chance that Jay would sign a new contract!

If we were to get rid of him now, then there's a good chance we wouldn't get promoted and if we still managed to get promoted without him, there's a good chance that we'd come straight back down without him!

If Darren bent is worth £18 million plus add ons, then Jay's true value would be at least £10 million, if it wasn't for the fact that he's only got a few months left on his contract!

How much do you think we'd have to pay to get somebody of Jay's quality to sign for us, should we get promoted?

Keep him for our promotion push and we've got a very good chance of automatic promotion, sell him now and that chance could disappear very quickly! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Wayne S wrote:I wonder how Chopra would advise him.

To buy a crate of Stella and stick the rest on the first favourite at Kempton?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:36 pm

"Parkin will take over his mantle" ? You are making this statement based on his debut?
IMO he's no where near that std

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:46 pm

We are forgetting that If we dont cash in on Jay, there is every chance that his
injury problems will flare up again and we lose him for months anyway. We need
fit players now! JET could prove to be an absolute star for us, he looks absolutely
brilliant. With his touch and his size I think him and Chops could tear defences
apart.

I think the key to promotion is keeping Chopra not JB. Chops has proved himself
to be a big game player, the bigger the game, the better he performs

And defenders of course lol