Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jack Post For Our Visitors

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Why are your crowd attendances falling this year against last year?? (Based on season up until now for this year and last years)

Re: Jack Post For Our Visitors

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Aside from obviously the economy and people not having as much disposable income, one of the main reasons I could give you is last season. We are now seeing the results of the damage Paulo Sousa inflicted on us.

10 years ago we couldn't imagine the attendance figures that we get now, and strangely, flirting with relegation from the football league brought the fans back. Then promotion, a new stadium, decent football and relative success kept these fans coming back. The season where we won league one, we played attacking, entertaining football and there was a feelgood factor that we carried through to our first season in the championship.

Martinez leaving burst the bubble... Sousa (although achieving a high finish) played a very negative style and unfortunately some of the 'new' fans have voted with their feet. Anyone in business will tell you its far easier to lose a customer than win one back...

Now Rodgers has us playing a balance somewhere between the Martinez and Sousa style of play, its far more enjoyable to watch but some of the fairweather fans will need more convincing...

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:55 pm

For once a sensible response. :ayatollah:

Not sure about the economic argument as we are in the same situation as us but our gates are good, and you've fixed the manager situation I'm surprised with your form and league position that this hasn't enticed those few extra thousand back to the club. Perhaps some of your fans are as fickle as ours?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:08 pm

What a load of old fkg tripe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Give me 2nd in the league pushing for the promised land or playing nice articulate footy and being 7th I tell you where I would rather be. Ask any Arsenal fan where nice footy gets you, f**k all for 5 years and calling for Arsene's head half the time

As excuses goes that's a good un, low crowds because we dont play attractive footy anymore even tho we are 2nd ffs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:43 pm

this just have'nt got the support, in other words their a shit club.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:51 pm

rb1976 wrote:For once a sensible response. :ayatollah:

Not sure about the economic argument as we are in the same situation as us but our gates are good, and you've fixed the manager situation I'm surprised with your form and league position that this hasn't enticed those few extra thousand back to the club. Perhaps some of your fans are as fickle as ours?

we aint in the same situation , we have jobs :ayatollah: :D :lol: