Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Adam Matthews

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:57 am

Was good to see DJ give him a chance on the wing last night and I really thought he was going to come good but the game seemed to pass him by. His confidence looks shot at the moment. When he came on the scene I thought he was going to be another Ramsey but for some reason he has gone backwards. Still young enough to come good but think he could definetly do with some time on loan to play more and get his confidence back. Thoughts?

ps was great to see Blake, WIldig and Matthews all on the same pitch together! :ayatollah:

Re: Adam Matthews

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:59 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Was good to see DJ give him a chance on the wing last night and I really thought he was going to come good but the game seemed to pass him by. His confidence looks shot at the moment. When he came on the scene I thought he was going to be another Ramsey but for some reason he has gone backwards. Still young enough to come good but think he could definetly do with some time on loan to play more and get his confidence back. Thoughts?

ps was great to see Blake, WIldig and Matthews all on the same pitch together! :ayatollah:

to be fair they all did well i think Matthews prefers being a winger less pressure :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:00 am

i thought he played well. from where i was he won every 50/50 and battled hard for the ball. also took a boot in the face and didnt gripe just got on with it.
lets see more of him with the big boys
:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:21 am

I thought he did well on the wing. Obviously Burkey is the number one right winger on the team, but when Burkey is tired/injured, Matthews could easily do a job there.

A few times he was able to get back and help Blakey too.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 am

i think his best position will in time be as a winger! Maybe im being too harsh as i expect so much from him, very talented young player with a lot of potential. We definetely need to be patient with him and i really think a spell on loan would do him some good! Was great to see DJ give Matthews, WIldig and Blake and opportunity last night!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:58 am

Jimbo27 wrote:i think his best position will in time be as a winger! Maybe im being too harsh as i expect so much from him, very talented young player with a lot of potential. We definetely need to be patient with him and i really think a spell on loan would do him some good! Was great to see DJ give Matthews, WIldig and Blake and opportunity last night!

agreed, was good to see the youngsters get a chance but imo darcy blake has been woeful all season! after sorting his head last season and getting a really good run of games i thought he'd cement a place in starting XI this season, but it looks like hes gone backwards.....way backwards....... :?: :?:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:07 am

could tell his confidence isnt great, he had a great run not long after he came on and tried a pass with chops instead of having a crack.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:59 am

Thought he played quite well and was nice to see Dave Jones put an arm around his shoulder after ninety minutes giving the kid some encouragement :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: